Maps - Jon Roberts' Map thread

torstan

First Post
And a couple more, also from the Wrath of the River King

Each thumbnail links to the image in my deviantArt gallery. The unlabelled versions are in there too. You can download the full resolution images via the download link at the top left of each page.

Please note that these are not CC licensed (neither are those in the previous post). Feel free to download them for use in your home game, but do not redistribute or alter them. Thanks!

torstan

First Post
A recent world map commission for an upcoming game:

This is rights reserved as it was commissioned. I promise there will be some more freely usable maps soon!
World-map-113547378

torstan

First Post
Okay, here's a map I posted to ICE for a contest they were running - their inaugural map contest. It's a temple in a frozen waterfall that has trapped an ancient dragon.

There's also a pdf at a scale that can be printed at home here.

I also came up with a little flavour text. Now I am no writer and my flavour is usually done with pictures rather than words, but for those who are interested, here it is:

In ancient times a dragon ravaged the lands. Thousands of people were slain and cities burned to the ground. First the people turned to the gods of summer and spring, but they were too fey. They helped when life was good and wouldn't understand disaster. They turned to the god of autumn, but she told them that bad times were inevitable and that they must accept their fate and ride it out. Finally, in desperation, they turned to the cruel god of winter. He understood bad times and hard choices. When people are desperate they will do desperate things. He would handle the dragon, but the people must make a pact. One virgin sacrifice every midwinter's eve. The people wept but they had no choice.

The dragon was lured to a high mountain top in with a cascading river, but today there was nor river, as it was dammed with a wall of ice. As it flew closer the ice cracked and a avalanche of water engulfed the beast. The god of winter spoke, and the water froze, trapping the dragon in an enormous icicle. The people heard of the event and celebrated. The king knew better and sent his best climbers to see for themselves. They saw the dragon in the ice and were joyous, but then they looked closer and saw that above the dragon lay a vaulted pillared hall, and at the end, overlooking the valley of the cities, and whipped by icy winds, stood a cold butcher's block of solid ice - an altar for the price of the deal.

In the following years, steps have been carved to make the perilous climb possible. Every year, in the dead of winter, the priests take the god's prize to his lofty temple and keep their people's pact lest the dragon return.
If people would like to use this with different grids please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

torstan

First Post
Right, a few more. These are from the upcoming adventure A Witch's Choice by Rite Publishing. They were a lot of fun to do - especially the first. The adventure is set in Arcana Evolved and comes out at the beginning of April. It'll be through lulu for hardcopy and through Paizo and rpgnow for pdfs.

Anyway, here are the maps:

As these are commissions these are rights reserved, rather than CC licensed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases