Maps - Jon Roberts' Map thread

torstan

First Post
We have reached the finale of the teaser screenshots. Our heroes have defeated the dragon and stand on an icy precipice looking out at a burning city:

and in Fantasy Grounds:

You can click the images to see them larger.

This showcases the ability of both programs to easily include flavour text for the GM and the players, as well as placing images that give a more direct impression of a location than a top down map. The text is by Ben McFarland, our author on the project.

These screenshots are examples of the style we will be using. The art, monsters and storyline will be fresh and new for the adventure itself (though that pirate ship will make it in if I have anything to do with it :) ).

We have 6 days left before the project goes live when we open the forums to patrons and development starts in earnest. Find out more and sign up at The Breaking of Forstor Nagar.

torstan

First Post
My Fantastic Maps store has a new map:

The Island Cave

The Map Pack contains:
  • Pdf map pack that can be printed page by page for use at the tabletop in both colour and greyscale
  • High resolution jpgs with and without grids
  • Two maptool campaign files with lighting and distance set up for OGL/Pathfinder, and 4e games.

This map can be picked up here for $1.35.

torstan

First Post
I created some free city tiles for Wayfinder #4. Here are some thumbs that link to the full size files:

Are tiles in this style useful? Would people want more of them? Is the necessary grid structure an issue that you'd be happy with. If not, how would you consider getting around it in a tile based structure?

These are free for use, and licensed CC-NC-BY-SA under a creative commons license, so please feel free to download them, play around and use them.

Enjoy!

torstan

First Post
I finished this over Christmas for the world of Midgard. It's a new style for the Open Design maps and was one of the first of the new maps created since the launch of the full blown world project. The rest of the regional maps for Open Design will be in this style.

The supplement is looking very pretty (and came out yesterday) - and who can resist armoured bears There's a bit more about this map on the blog. If you like what you see, then you can get a full res version in the pdf of the Frozen North. Enjoy!

torstan

First Post
This is an older map, but recently released in partnership with Kobold Quarterly as a map pack on RPGNow:

undertheseaweb.jpg

The map pack is huge, with the map covering 25 square feet when fully printed. You can find out more about the map and the map pack on my fantasy map blog.

torstan

First Post
Thanks a lot - glad you like them!

There's a new pair of maps up on the blog today. These were done for the Pathfinder adventure The Elusive Foe by Interaction Point Games. Here's the overall chase map:
elusivefoechasemap.jpg

It was fun to put this together as I actually know the area (a rare occurrence in the fantasy mapping world...). There's a bit more about this map and another map preview on the blog post.

torstan

First Post
Another map - this one for today's map pack: Pirates!

pirateship.jpg

This is one of two ships in the map pack. The pack contains:
• multi-page pdf scaled to print at 1 inch=1square, in both letter format and A4 with full colour and printer friendly greyscale.
• High resolution jpgs of the ships for home printing and for use in virtual tabletops (vtts) – with and without grids.
• pngs of the two ships with semi-transparent rigging, so that they can be used in mobile ship combat within a vtt.
• Ballista and ladder pngs to kit out your tall ship with the paraphernalia of war.
• Maptool map files that can easily be imported into any campaign with vision set up, for quick use in any OGL, 4E of PFRPG game. The files require maptool 1.3.b84 or newer to work.

You can pick up the pack on:
Paizo
RPGNow

You can find out more about the map pack, and see more previews, on my fantasy map blog.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases