List of Forbidden Names?

annadobritt

First Post
Is there a list of Deity names from all Wizards products available somewhere?

I need this for editing purposes to make sure whatever I'm editing does not include names of deities from Wizard products.

der_kluge

Adventurer
The deities in the PHB are NOT in the SRD. All the gods in the PHB are Greyhawk gods, and I think, are all the creation of Gygax/Arneson. You're best bet is to steer clear of using them or referencnig them in any way.

Other gods, particularly the FR gods, are based on Finnish Mythology. Why, I have no idea; Greenwood must've had a thing for the Finnish pantheon. Others in the FR pantheon are unique to that setting.

Your best bet is to do google searches on the god name, and if only D&D references come back, then there's a good chance it was created by WoTC.

A2Z

Explorer
Psion said:

Some FR gods are based on Finnish and Celtic mythology. Others aren't.
Some FR gods are based on Finnish and Celtic and Summerian mythology. Others aren't. ;)

LcKedovan

Explorer
The fact is anything _named_ after a real world mythological figure is open season on its use. You just have to create the details yourself ;)

-W.

coyote6

Adventurer
A2Z said:
Some FR gods are based on Finnish and Celtic and Summerian mythology. Others aren't. ;)

Some FR gods are based on Finnish and Celtic and Summerian and Greek mythology. Others aren't.

(In the original Dragon article describing the FR gods, Sune was described as Aphrodite with a different name.)

Remove ads