not sure why

Mystearia

First Post
Ok im not sure but is it normal to be ignored for no apparent reason by someone youve never even Rp'd with before. i ask that because its happened to me, not sure what i did but apparently someone didnt like me and now im being ignored by that player. um any help would be nice cause im confused. thanks

Midna

First Post
That's a good question, and I have no answer for it, and it's happened to me as well. With several other characters don't know why or what I did but I'll come on and lets say (said character) is to. I'll see just randomly something pop up saying I'm being ignored; I'll pick and scratch my brain trying to figure out what I did that may have angered them. But, it's been happening with people that I haven't talked to, or role-played with.

Zackori Kaji

First Post
Yes it is a strange and random thing. Hell Iv gotten ignored for barely saying hello to someone. Personally I think the talentless immature riffraff that are pouring into the site are to blame. I mean who else would just go and ignore someone like us for no true reason or for no reason at all.

Willow_Calypso

First Post
Zackori Kaji said:
Yes it is a strange and random thing. Hell Iv gotten ignored for barely saying hello to someone. Personally I think the talentless immature riffraff that are pouring into the site are to blame. I mean who else would just go and ignore someone like us for no true reason or for no reason at all.

I think it is inappropriate to say anyone is 'talentless or riffraff' and especially not immature, because the immature comment seemed almost like calling the kettle back by the way it was said.

There might be new players who are not as experienced as the older ones, but it is unfair to say they're the reason that some players have a clique-like mentality or simply opt not to RP with somebody else. Chalk it up to it being their loss and find somebody else who recognizes and accept your characters.

Drawing attention to yourself by saying 'Play with me. I am better then them' isn't going to garnish you any positive opinions, instead it makes one look cocky and less inviting to role-play with.

If someone is ignoring you, ask them why. If they don't answer, move onto the next available person to role-play with.

Zackori Kaji

First Post
Willow_Calypso said:
I think it is inappropriate to say anyone is 'talentless or riffraff' and especially not immature, because the immature comment seemed almost like calling the kettle back by the way it was said.

There might be new players who are not as experienced as the older ones, but it is unfair to say they're the reason that some players have a clique-like mentality or simply opt not to RP with somebody else. Chalk it up to it being their loss and find somebody else who recognizes and accept your characters.

Drawing attention to yourself by saying 'Play with me. I am better then them' isn't going to garnish you any positive opinions, instead it makes one look cocky and less inviting to role-play with.

If someone is ignoring you, ask them why. If they don't answer, move onto the next available person to role-play with.
Well it is true that a lot of 'newer' players stay in little packs, but as I have seen and experienced there are quite a few that act less than appealing or very well as i said maturely. This could be due to lack of experience or just plain (insert same word here). Also Id like to comment on the asking them part, Clearly if they have put you on ignore how are you to ask them without spraying it into the common rooms or the boards? As anyone who's been ignored will tell you Willow you cant use the pm boxes, and on the same token if they've ignored you I am sure they will not follow you into an OOC room because clearly they do not want anything to do with you it seems. Thats all I am saying is to re-think that.
Further more I still be leave my previous comment was correct ignores get thrown around to easily and when you get to the root of it, it is usually the Minors or Noobs that float around.
And here is a note for those who do ignore people, DON'T SEND US FURTHER PMS!!! seriously, if you have ignored someone then taunt them further in a pm message that you know they can not respond to thats just childish and stupid.

Willow_Calypso

First Post
Actually I haven't seen an influx of new players, but I don't play as often because of certain attitudes that players have on site and on the message boards. And a lot of the cliques I have seen have been among older players verses new ones.

If someone has you (ambiguous) on ignore it is their loss. If someone has you on ignore and taunting you through PMs that is an issue that needs to be brought up to the Magi.

If I logged on and had a bunch of people started to immediately ignore me. I wouldn't start pointing fingers, but try and figure out what I did as a player to have others have this type of reaction toward me. I never said that posting a thread to ask wasn't a good idea. I only commented that saying people are talentless and riffraff isn't going to make new or older players want to RP with someone who seems like they're the judge on who has talent and who doesn't.

Zackori Kaji

First Post
Listen, I'm not here to argue with an idealist, I am simply stating my experiences and from what I have experienced everything I said was true. So Willow if you do not mind you know talking about something you actually know about, Feed back from people who are actually having the problems would be better.

Willow_Calypso

First Post
I apologize if I came off as a know-it-all. Lets end our discussion here. Just trying to say that attitude has a lot to do with being ignored.

And believe it or not, but I've been ignored before. I guess that means I have some experience to give my opinion. I didn't realize the message boards was suddenly only available to certain people who had or hadn't have something happen to them. Lets separate the site more and get more players ignoring other players. This certainly convinced me to practice the use of my ignore button from now on. Thanks!

Zackori Kaji

First Post
You see thats what I mean right there with your last comment, everyone results to the button just because someone says something they do not like, sad really.

Willow_Calypso

First Post
People don't like to be insulted or told that they can't contribute, because what they're trying to say isn't shared by the opposing party. Ignoring a bad attitude is sometimes the only option they have so they can continue to enjoy something they like before it is ruined by that bad attitude.

Remove ads