Company of the Morning Sun: Heroes for Hire

Jemal

Adventurer
"I've.. Uh.. Changed my mind. Teamwork is good. Yay team!" Michael scampers away from the wolves, A beam of... Holy light?!? lancing out into the allready deeply wounded wolf.

[sblock=ooc]
Shift 1 more square SW then use Dire Radiance. [I actually got Dire Radiance and Hellish Rebuke mixed up last round, Dire Radiance is the one i was thinking of, but Hellish Rebuke worked anyways (It's same damage but the trigger is Me taking damage instead of it moving closer)]
*Note: I didn't read anything under prone that says I can't shift.. did I miss it?*
Dire Radiance; Damage; Damage if it moves closer. (1d20+5=16, 1d6+4=5, 1d6+4=10) Curse Damage (1d6=5)
So 16 vs Reflex for 10 damage. If that doesn't kill it, another 10 damage if it moves closer to me on it's next turn. If it does die, I gain 1 (Count'em.. 1) temporary hp.
I also Curse Wolf 3.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Perception: +1 Insight: +5
AC: 16 FORT: 15 REF: 16 WILL: 13
HP: 14/30 (1 temp?) Healing Surge: 7 (10/day)
0/1 Action points.
Encounter Powers: Vampiric Embrace(Used)
Daily Powers: Flames of Phlegethos
[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Raecan turns to face the wolves that are working together to bring down Michael. His elven eyes narrow as he studies the uninjured wolf that stands between him and his fellow mercenary. He once again knocks and fires two arrows in rapid succession. Before the second arrow hits its mark, he is moving quickly across the battlefield, not wanting to get caught out in the open again.

[sblock=ooc] Hunter's Quarry on wolf 3, twin strike both aimed at wolf 3, 25 vs. AC for 8 damage, and 22 vs. AC for 8 damage then move to stand directly next to Kriv. [/sblock]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Raecan
Perception: 19 Insight: 12 Low-Light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 12
Hit Points: 18/24 Bloodied: 12
Healing Surge: 6 Surges per day: 7 (6 left)
Encounter Exploiits: Fox's Cunning, Elven Accuracy
Daily Exploit: Split the Tree
[/sblock]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"Mangy Cur!", shouts Trevor as he jogs over to the closer wolf attacking Michael. He batters the wolf trying to give Michael the opportunity to slip away.

[sblock=OOC]
Move action, adjacent to wolf 3
Covering Attack vs. AC. (1d20 8=10, 2d8 5=15) I missed, but I shouldn't be forced to reroll my good d20roll, so consider this whining at the DM.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Zurai

First Post
"Mangy Cur!", shouts Trevor as he jogs over to the closer wolf attacking Michael. He batters the wolf, giving Michael the opportunity to roll out from between his lupine attackers.

Talia again raises her her hand, her long, spindly fingers gripping a small glass orb. She whispers the words again, and another whirling cloud of force springs up from the earth, this time surrounding Michael's until-recently-uninjured foe. The magical blades whirl and spin around the wolf and soon the air is filled with a fine mist of blood.

Raecan turns to face the wolves that are working together to bring down Michael. His elven eyes narrow as he studies the wolf that stands between him and his fellow mercenary. He once again nocks and fires two arrows in rapid succession. Before the second arrow hits its mark, he is moving quickly across the battlefield, not wanting to get caught out in the open again. He reaches his destination as the wolf staggers and collapses to the ground.

"I've.. Uh.. Changed my mind. Teamwork is good. Yay team!" Michael scampers away from the wolves, a beam of radiant light lancing out fromn his hand into the already deeply wounded wolf. The wolf howls in unearthly horror as the radiance engulfs its form. A moment later, all that remains of it is a shadow burnt into the ground.

The sole remaining wolf growls low in its throat and again hurls itself at Shamash, doing little damage but once again knocking the paladin off his feet*.

Initiative Order:
Trevor <---- Narration starts here
Talia
Raecan
Michael Cael
Wolves <---- Narration ends here

Shamash <---- Current initiative
Goblin Wolfrider
Kriv

Battle Summary:
Goblin Wolfrider - Injured; cursed (Michael)
Wolf 1 - DEAD
Wolf 2 - DEAD
Wolf 3 - DEAD
Wolf 4 - Bloodied

Shamash - 11**/28 hp; prone, potentially bloodied
Raecan - 18/24 hp
Trevor - 28/28 hp
Michael - 14+1/30 hp; bloodied
Kriv - 24/24 hp
Talia - 23/23 hp

* - 21 to hit, 4 damage. Also knocks Shamash prone.
** - Still missing the +1d6 heal from Inspiring Word
*** - I've made minor updates to Michael's actions based on sequence of events: Michael shifted 2 squares SW thanks to Trevor's Covering Strike (which hit, since I always use the original roll for changed actions), then stood up on his own turn instead of shifting again. Instead of cursing the deceased wolf 3, I had him curse the closest remaining living enemy, the wolfrider. I hope there's no objections.

H4H-CotMSFight1Round3.png

Walking Dad

First Post
Fighting against thelast two foes, Shamash attacks another time the wolfrider, his weapon glowing silver

[sblock=ooc]healing (1d6=4), just enough to loose my +1 bloodied bonus. But the healing really helped, thanks!

Enfeebling strike with divine strength (to hit, damage) (1d20+6=16, 1d8+8=12)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Shamash
Perception: 12 Insight: 11 Normal Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 14 Reflex 14 Will 15
Hit Points: 15 / 28 Bloodied: 14
Healing Surge: 8 Surges per day: 10 / 11
Encounter Powers: Dragon Breath, Shielding Smite, Channel Divinity (Mettle, Strength)
Daily Powers: Radiant Delirium, Lay on Hands
[/sblock][/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Emboldened by his last fell strike and seeing his brother in trouble, Kriv rushes over to assist Shamash, his chainmail clanking loudly, covering his thundrous footsteps. Catching the wolfrider in the back with his swing, Kriv distracts the goblin, allowing Shamash to move out of the flanking position.

[sblock=Actions]
***If the wolfrider is dead, please change my target to the remaining wolf***

Move Action: move to flank the wolfrider with Shamash (down 2 & left 3)
Standard Action: Wolf Pack Tactics - Allows Shamash to shift 1 square
Wolf Pack Tactics Attack; Damage (1d20+7=15, 1d8+4=8)

**Forgot to include any flanking bonus in my roll.**
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Hit Points: 24 Bloodied: 12
Healing Surge: 7 Surges per day: 8
AC 17 Fortitude 15 Reflex 13 Will 13

Basic Melee Attack: +7 (Longsword) Damage: 1d8+4
Basic Ranged Attack: +6 (Throwing Axe) Damage: 1d6+4
Range 5/10
[/sblock]

[sblock=Powers]
Hammer & Anvil (Encounter Attack, Standard, Coordinating Strike)
Inspiring Word (Encounter Special, Minor Action, Close Burst 5) - can be used 2/encounter.
Dragon Breath (Encounter Racial, Minor Action, Close Blast 5)
Lead the Attack (Daily Attack, Standard)
[/sblock]

Zurai

First Post
Fighting against the last two foes, Shamash attacks the wolfrider again, his weapon glowing silver and leaving a shining trail through the air as the goblin's mount spins to the side*.

The wolf follows up with a snarl and a lunge at the prone paladin, but he manages to get his shield up in time. Unfortunately, that left him open for another thrust from the goblin's spear, which skewers his shoulder and pins him briefly to the ground**.

Emboldened by his last fell strike and seeing his brother in trouble, Kriv rushes over to assist Shamash, his chainmail clanking loudly, covering his thundrous footsteps. Attacking the wolfrider from behind, Kriv distracts the goblin enough for Shamash to roll away, but doesn't manage to land a solid hit.

Spinning about, Trevor realizes he is out of foes. He charges across to the wolfrider, sword held high. With a grunt of effort, he swings his blade down sharply, biting deep into the goblin's flesh.

Initiative Order:
Shamash <---- Narration starts here
Goblin Wolfrider
Kriv
Trevor <---- Narration ends here

Talia <---- Current initiative
Raecan
Michael Cael
Wolves

Battle Summary:
Goblin Wolfrider - Injured; cursed (Michael), marked (Shamash)
Wolf 1 - DEAD
Wolf 2 - DEAD
Wolf 3 - DEAD
Wolf 4 - Bloodied

Shamash - 6/28 hp; prone, bloodied
Raecan - 18/24 hp
Trevor - 28/28 hp
Michael - 14+1/30 hp; bloodied
Kriv - 24/24 hp
Talia - 23/23 hp

* - You didn't say anything about standing up, so I'm leaving you prone.
** - Bite attack misses on a 17, spear attack hits on a 19 for 9 damage.

H4H-CotMSFight1Round31.png

Redclaw

First Post
Seeing the dragonborn paladin truly in trouble, Raecan hustles across the clearing and stands beside the prone warrior. There he gets a clear line of sight at the remaining wolf. He draws a single arrow back, taking his time to ensure the hit, and

[sblock=ooc] move between Shamash and the tree, which should put me as close to wolf 4 as to the wolfrider, so I can use Hunter's Quarryon him, and as close to him as Shamash is, so I can use Prime Shot for a bonus to hit...
13 to hit, 16 damage. Not happy with that, so I'll use Elven Accuracy to reroll, also rerolling damage so as not to look like I'm only rerolling the attack because of the nice damage roll...
and it's even worse, 12 to hit, 7 damage. Oh well, I tried. [/sblock]
[sblock=Mini stat block]
Raecan
Perception: 19 Insight: 12 Low-Light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 12
Hit Points: 18/24 Bloodied: 12
Healing Surge: 6 Surges per day: 7 (6 left)
Encounter Exploiits: Fox's Cunning, Elven Accuracy
Daily Exploit: Split the Tree
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases