Company of the Morning Sun: Heroes for Hire

Zurai

First Post
Having decided to officially take the mission to remove the goblin warband occupying the North Pass, while also keeping an eye out for the creatures Old Man Hrolf needed for his rituals, the Company of the Morning Sun set out.

Initially, the part travels along the Imperial North Road out of town, but they're well aware that the goblins are known to patrol the road for several days' journey from the pass. They only stay on the road for one day before breaking a trail overland directly towards the pass. True to expectations, the goblins are patrolling the area heavily - but Raecan is a skilled woodsman and Talia knows a few tricks as well*. The party is able to dodge the heaviest concentration of enemy patrols by the simple expedient of taking seemingly-dangerous but, in reality, fairly tame trails through the wilderness.

Their luck runs out about a day from the Pass, however. As the group is settling in at their camp for the evening, a howl resounds from nearby, followed by several more in rapid succession from all directions. Five wolves burst into sight, the largest carrying a burly goblin on its back! Surrounded!

No surprise round.
No terrain features.

Initiative Order:
Raecan
Michael Cael
Wolves
Shamash
Goblin Wolfrider
Kriv
Trevor
Talia

H4H-CotMSFight1Round0.png

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Striding quickly to the middle of the group, Raecan sights in on the wolf and rider coming in from the west. He draws two arrows back simultaneously and lets them fly at the united target.

[sblock=ooc] step 3 squares up and one square to the right, then use a minor action to designate the wolfrider as my quarry.

Use Twin Strike against the wolfrider. I'll keep the same attack rolls (a 19 and a 17), although each counts on its own, and roll new damage, 11 damage with the first arrow, and 1 with the second
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Raecan
Perception: 19 Insight: 12 Low-Light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 12
Hit Points: 24 Bloodied: 12
Healing Surge: 6 Surges per day: 7
Encounter Exploiits: Fox's Cunning, Elven Accuracy
Daily Exploit: Split the Tree
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
-Back- Michael shook his head, sighing at the antics of the 'true believers' as they accept the mission. Meh, goblins.. kobolds. It made no difference to the warlock, though he smiled and 'happily' agreed anyways.

-Current Combat-
"Oh my. Wolves to the left of us, wolves to the right of us.." Micahel grinned, moving towards the southeast wolf and holdin out his hand.
[if hit]A redish beam lances backward into Michael's outstretched hand, stealing the wolf's life force for the Warlocks gain. "Oh whatever, Just die allready" He mutters under his breath.

[sblock=ooc]
Sry, had to put in SOMETHING before we left. ;)
Michael moves 3 squares directly towards the South East wolf (this should prevent it from charging), then fires off his encounter power, Vampiric Embrace (Attack vs Will; Damage) (1d20+4=18, 2d8+4=18) (It should actually be +5 attack, forgot to add the +1 for prime shot b/c I'm the closest to the target). So that's attack roll 19 vs Will. If it hits, 18 necrotic damage and I gain 6 temporary hp.
[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats]
Perception: +1 Insight: +5
AC: 16 FORT: 15 REF: 16 WILL: 13
HP: 30(+6 Temp) Healing Surge: 7 (10/day)
Encounter Powers: Vampiric Embrace(Used)
Daily Powers: Flames of Phlegethos
Conditions: Concealed (Shadow Walk)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Zurai said:
[sblock=OOC]The goblin wolfrider is a single creature for the purposes of targeting and damage.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc] Action edited to adjust for that. Sorry, although I guess that's why we're doing this, right? [/sblock]

Zurai

First Post
Redclaw said:
[sblock=ooc] Action edited to adjust for that. Sorry, although I guess that's why we're doing this, right? [/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Still not valid, sorry. Targets for Split the Tree must be within 3 squares of each other.

No worries over making the mistake - this is new to everyone. I won't start yelling at people until the second round of combat ;)[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Zurai said:
[sblock=OOC]Still not valid, sorry. Targets for Split the Tree must be within 3 squares of each other.

No worries over making the mistake - this is new to everyone. I won't start yelling at people until the second round of combat ;)[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc] That'll teach me to try combat with a new character without the book in front of me.
That should work now, as Twin Strike can target one or two enemies. [/sblock]

Zurai

First Post
[sblock=Redclaw]Yep, Twin Strike works.

Michael got flanked by two of the wolves and pulled off his feet; there's one wolf attacking you and another charging your way. Do you want to use your Fox's Cunning to escape a flank and pop the first wolf in the mouth? If so, go ahead and roll it.[/sblock][sblock=Talia]You get an Opportunity Attack on wolf 4 as it charges past you towards Raecan. If you don't have a melee weapon out you can still try to punch it (-1 vs AC, 1d4-1 damage).[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Zurai said:
[sblock=Redclaw]Yep, Twin Strike works.

Michael got flanked by two of the wolves and pulled off his feet; there's one wolf attacking you and another charging your way. Do you want to use your Fox's Cunning to escape a flank and pop the first wolf in the mouth? If so, go ahead and roll it.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc] Sure, I'll gladly escape from a flank. 14 to hit, 6 damage [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases