Company of the Morning Sun: Heroes for Hire

Zurai

First Post
Striding quickly to the middle of the group, Raecan sights in on the wolf and rider coming in from the west. He draws two arrows back simultaneously and lets them fly at the united target. His first arrow slams home into the goblin's shoulder, causing it to snarl in pain, but the second arrow narrowly misses.

"Oh my. Wolves to the left of us, wolves to the right of us.." Micahel grinned, moving towards the southeast wolf and holdin out his hand. A redish beam lances backward into Michael's outstretched hand, stealing the wolf's life force for the Warlocks gain. "Oh whatever, Just die allready" He mutters under his breath. The wolf yelps and shudders, but remains on its feet.

The wolves continue their mad dash into camp, working in pairs to drag down and savage their targets. Two converge on Michael, piercing him with their teeth and bowling him off his feet*, while another pair home in on Raecan. These two try the same thing, but the nimble ranger is able to roll with the first wolf's blow, spoiling the second's attempt to trip him up. His attempted retaliatory attack flies wide, though, and he comes up with a pair of nasty bites for his trouble**.

Initiative Order:
Raecan <---- Narration starts here
Michael Cael
Wolves <---- Narration ends here

Shamash <---- Current initiative
Goblin Wolfrider
Kriv
Trevor
Talia

Battle Summary:
Goblin Wolfrider - Injured
Wolf 1 - Uninjured
Wolf 2 - Injured
Wolf 3 - Uninjured
Wolf 4 - Uninjured

Shamash - 28/28 hp
Raecan - 9/24 hp; bloodied
Trevor - 28/28 hp
Michael - 25/30 hp; prone, concealed
Kriv - 24/24 hp
Talia - 23/23 hp

* - First attacks and hits for 8; second flanks, hits for 3, and knocks Michael prone. Total damage dealt to Michael = 11
** - First attacks and hits for 7; Raecan uses Fox's Cunning to shift away, but his followup attack misses. The second wolf still charges and hits him for 8, but is unable to knock him prone because it's not flanking. Total damage dealt to Raecan = 15.
[sblock=Shamash]Feel free to change your action, but keep your rolls for whatever the new action is.[/sblock]
H4H-CotMSFight1Round11.png

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
"Don't worry about me, Go get the leader! I'll be fine" Michael shouts at Trevor before the fighter can come to his aid. His faint chuckling cannot be heard over the combat or the growling wolves "The dark lord will protect me" he whispers to himself.

[sblock=ooc] I hope speaking on someone elses turn is allright?[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Revised actions, will delete old post.

After the wolves moved, Shamash summons the power of Bahamut against the wolves in melee with Raecan, engulfing it in searing ribbons of radiance!
Then he takes a few steps toward the goblin rider. "Help the others against the wolves! I will engage their leader!" He calls to the others.
With his eyes radiating power he shouts at the wolf rider: "I challenge you, vile creature. May the power of Bahamut burn you if you ignore my challenge!"

[sblock=ooc]Use my daily (since it's ranged) Radiant Delirium:

Radiant Delirium (to hit vs Reflex, damage) (1d20+4=14, 3d8+5=16) against wolf 1.

I fear this is a miss :(

Step two squares down and five square to the left (taking diagonal steps to move effectively only 5 squares), then use a minor action to challenge the wolfrider.
[sblock=Mini stat block]
Shamash
Perception: 12 Insight: 11 Normal Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 14 Reflex 14 Will 15
Hit Points: 28 Bloodied: 14
Healing Surge: 8 Surges per day: 11
Encounter Powers: Dragon Breath, Shielding Smite, Channel Divinity (Mettle, Strength)
Daily Powers: Radiant Delirium, Lay on Hands
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Zurai

First Post
After the wolves moved, Shamash summons the power of Bahamut against the wolves in melee with Raecan, engulfing it in searing ribbons of radiance! The wolf staggers under the assault, and even after the radiance leaves it, it seems unsteady on its feet.
Then he takes a few steps toward the goblin rider. "Help the others against the wolves! I will engage their leader!" He calls to the others.
With his eyes radiating power he shouts at the wolf rider: "I challenge you, vile creature. May the power of Bahamut burn you if you ignore my challenge!"

The goblin immediately spits in response, "Gruumsh will dance on your corpses, tallfolk!". Its mount circles around Shamash for a moment, then it suddenly lunges forward, catching the paladin offguard as teeth and spear pierce his scaly hide*.

Initiative Order:
Shamash <---- Narration starts here
Goblin Wolfrider <---- Narration ends here

Kriv <---- Current initiative
Trevor
Talia
Raecan
Michael Cael
Wolves

Battle Summary:
Goblin Wolfrider - Injured; marked (Shamash)
Wolf 1 - Injured; dazed, -2 AC
Wolf 2 - Injured**
Wolf 3 - Uninjured
Wolf 4 - Uninjured

Shamash - 14/28 hp; bloodied
Raecan - 9/24 hp; bloodied
Trevor - 28/28 hp
Michael - 25/30 hp; prone, concealed
Kriv - 24/24 hp
Talia - 23/23 hp

* - I continue to roll crazily well for the bad guys. The wolfrider used a power to attack with both bite and spear. Both attacks rolled over 20 to hit and dealt a combined total of 14 damage to Shamash.
** - I erroneously reported this wolf as being bloodied last time. It's not (though it is very close). Sorry for any plans this might alter.

H4H-CotMSFight1Round12.png

renau1g

First Post
Seeing Raecan in trouble, Kriv will rush over to the ranger's aid. "Hold on Raecan, help is on the way. You'll get through this and together we'll smite these foes!" Kriv calls out, hoping to inspire his comrade

The dragonborn calls out to Raecan as he slashes with his longsword "Come, Raecan, we can surround this foe!" as he distracts the wolf enough for the ranger to manuever slightly.

[sblock=ooc]
Minor Action to use inspiring word. If Raecan wants he can use a healing surge and gets a +1d6 to the result. Move two tiles left then attack:
Atk; Damage (1d20+7=18, 1d8+4=5)
Using Wolf Pack Tactics, before i attack, Raecan can shift 1 square as a free action. Vs AC
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Hit Points: 24 Bloodied: 12
Healing Surge: 7 Surges per day: 8
AC 17 Fortitude 15 Reflex 13 Will 13

Basic Melee Attack: +7 (Longsword) Damage: 1d8+4
Basic Ranged Attack: +6 (Throwing Axe) Damage: 1d6+4
Range 5/10
[/sblock]

[sblock=Powers]
Hammer & Anvil (Encounter Attack, Standard, Coordinating Strike)

Inspiring Word (Encounter Special, Minor Action, Close Burst 5) - can be used 2/encounter. **Used 1**

Dragon Breath (Encounter Racial, Minor Action, Close Blast 5)

Lead the Attack (Daily Attack, Standard)
[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Raecan uses a healing surge (with a 3 hp bonus ), for a total of 9 points, then shift one square to the southeast.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Raecan
Perception: 19 Insight: 12 Low-Light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 12
Hit Points: 24 Bloodied: 12
Healing Surge: 6 Surges per day: 7
Encounter Exploiits: Fox's Cunning, Elven Accuracy
Daily Exploit: Split the Tree
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads