Company of the Morning Sun: Heroes for Hire

Jemal

Adventurer
the shadows begin to dissipate around Michael as he stands, cursing the injured beast and stepping quickly back. With a growl of his own, his hand flies out, immolating that beast in fire.

[sblock=ooc]
During my move action to stand up I make a Stealth check (1d20+8=11) DOH, that was my escape plan now that I can't one-shot the injured wolf..
Anyways, new plan since I'm willing to bet at least one of them will still notice me. Minor action: Curse injured beast. Standard action: Shift 1 square diagonal SW.
I spend my Action Point to use Hellish Rebuke on wolf 2.Attack vs Reflex; Initial damage; damage if it moves closer before end of my next turn. (1d20+7=17, 2d6+4=10, 1d6+4=8)[/sblock]
[sblock=Ministats]
Perception: +1 Insight: +5
AC: 16 FORT: 15 REF: 16 WILL: 13
HP: 25/30 Healing Surge: 7 (10/day)
0/1 Action points.
Encounter Powers: Vampiric Embrace(Used)
Daily Powers: Flames of Phlegethos[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Raecan takes another step away from the wolves, eyeing the one that bit him last as he does so. My thanks, Kriv. Let me repay you by aiding your attack. He then draws and fires two arrows simultaneously. Somehow the arrows separate in mid-flight and each flies true.

[sblock=ooc] Now he uses Split the Tree, minor action to designate wolf 4 his quarry, move action to step back 10' to the east, standard action to use StT, two attack rolls, take the best, for a 22 to hit, 10 damage to wolf 4, 16 damage to wolf 1 [/sblock]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Raecan
Perception: 19 Insight: 12 Low-Light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 12
Hit Points: 18/24 Bloodied: 12
Healing Surge: 6 Surges per day: 7 (6 left)
Encounter Exploiits: Fox's Cunning, Elven Accuracy
Daily Exploit: Split the Tree
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"Bah! Some puppies and a runt who can't fit on a real horse" Trevor strides over to one of the beasts and swings at it with his sword. The creature easily dodges the attack from the cocky but largely untested warrior, leaving him ashamed and annoyed.

[sblock=ooc]Trevor moves to Wolf 1 from the SE corner. Tide of Iron vs. AC (1d20 8=9, 1d8 5=6) Fails miserably[/sblock]

Zurai

First Post
Seeing Raecan in trouble, Kriv rushes over to the ranger's aid. "Hold on Raecan, help is on the way. You'll get through this and together we'll smite these foes!" Kriv calls out, hoping to inspire his comrade. "Come, Raecan, we can surround this foe!" as he attacks one of the wolves, doing little damage but distracting it enough for the ranger to manuever slightly.

"Bah! Some puppies and a runt who can't fit on a real horse" Trevor strides over to one of the beasts and swings at it with his sword. The creature easily dodges the attack from the cocky but largely untested warrior, leaving him ashamed and annoyed.

"Perfect," Talia whispers to herself as she raises her hand palm-up in an overly dramatic fashion. A small cloud rises from the ground and surrounds the wolfrider and Talia backs away to a more comfortable position.

Raecan takes another step away from the wolves, eyeing the one that bit him last as he does so. "My thanks, Kriv. Let me repay you by aiding your attack." He then draws and fires two arrows simultaneously. Somehow the arrows separate in mid-flight and each flies true, slamming home deep in the haunches of the nearest two wolves.

The shadows begin to dissipate around Michael as he stands, cursing the injured beast and stepping quickly back. With a growl of his own, his hand flies out, immolating that beast in fire and filling the area with the rank smell of scorched flesh and burnt hair.

The two wolves circling Michael close in again, although the flames from his most recent attack flare up again and leave one of them barely able to stagger into position behind him as its uninjured comrade leaps at the warlock. The leaping wolf slams into Michael and bowls him off his feet, coming down on top of him and ripping into him savagely*.

The second pair of wolves splits up. The first snaps at Trevor, but the fighter is able to get his shield up in time to deflect the attack**. The second breaks off from Kriv at a growl from the goblin's mount and lopes around to the opposite side of Shamash, catching the paladin by surprise. It bites at his heels, forcing him down to one knee as the attack overbalances him***.

Initiative Order:
Kriv <---- Narration starts here
Trevor
Talia
Raecan
Michael Cael
Wolves <---- Narration ends here

Shamash <---- Current Initiative
Goblin Wolfrider

Battle Summary:
Goblin Wolfrider - Injured; marked (Shamash)
Wolf 1 - Bloodied; dazed until end of Shamash's turn, marked (Trevor)
Wolf 2 - Bloodied
Wolf 3 - Uninjured
Wolf 4 - Injured

Shamash - 6/28 hp; bloodied, prone
Raecan - 18/24 hp
Trevor - 28/28 hp
Michael - 14/30 hp; bloodied, prone
Kriv - 24/24 hp
Talia - 23/23 hp

* - Wolf 2 hits with a 20 and rolls minimum damage, but wolf 3 crits. Total damage to Michael = 11.
** - Wolf 1 rolled an 18 to hit, missing Trevor's 19 AC.
*** - Wolf 4 provokes an OA from Kriv as it moves 8 squares around behind Shamash and attacks, rolling a 19 to hit and maximum damage of 8. Total damage to Shamash = 8, and Shamash is knocked prone.

H4H-CotMSFight1Round2.png

Walking Dad

First Post
Mustering his willpower to fight on, as he struggles to his feet, Shamash attacks the wolfrider with a radiant scimitar strike and breathes fire on him.
But both seem to have no effect on his foe.

[sblock=ooc]Uses AP to activate healing surge (6+8= 14 still bloodied)
stands up (move action)
uses Enfeebling Strike (1d20+7=12, 1d8+5=9) on wolfrider (standard action).
uses Dragon Breath (1d20+6=10, 1d6+2=4) on wolfrider (minor action).

IC hates me :(

Help, please.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Shamash
Perception: 12 Insight: 11 Normal Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 14 Reflex 14 Will 15
Hit Points: 14 / 28 Bloodied: 14
Healing Surge: 8 Surges per day: 10 / 11
Encounter Powers: Dragon Breath, Shielding Smite, Channel Divinity (Mettle, Strength)
Daily Powers: Radiant Delirium, Lay on Hands
[/sblock][/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Brother, Watch Out!" Kriv calls out to Shamash as the he swings at the retreating wolf, striking the enemy, but only manages a glancing blow.

Knowing he can't reach Shamash, Kriv will call out to him "Brother, I'll be there in a moment, hang on!" as he rushes towards Trevor and his adversary. With a mighty swing of his longsword, Kriv lands a mighty blow on the wolf and inspires Trevor to launch his own attack against it.

[sblock=Actions]
AoO
Longsword Attack; Damage (1d20+7=21, 1d8+4=5)
***Min damage again :( ***

Minor Action: Inspiring Word on Shamash, can use a healing surge & gets +1d6

Move Action: move to flank wolf 1

Attack: Uses Hammer & Anvil attack, gives Trevor a free basic attack with +2 to damage
Attack vs. Reflex; Damage (1d20+7=19, 1d8+4=9)

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Hit Points: 24 Bloodied: 12
Healing Surge: 7 Surges per day: 8
AC 17 Fortitude 15 Reflex 13 Will 13

Basic Melee Attack: +7 (Longsword) Damage: 1d8+4
Basic Ranged Attack: +6 (Throwing Axe) Damage: 1d6+4
Range 5/10
[/sblock]

[sblock=Powers]
Hammer & Anvil (Encounter Attack, Standard, Coordinating Strike)
Inspiring Word (Encounter Special, Minor Action, Close Burst 5) - can be used 2/encounter.
Dragon Breath (Encounter Racial, Minor Action, Close Blast 5)
Lead the Attack (Daily Attack, Standard)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Talia again raises her her hand, her long, spindly fingers gripping a small glass orb. She whispers the words again, and another whirling cloud of force springs up from the earth, this time surrounding Michael's uninjured foe.

[sblock=actions]Cloud of Daggers (1d20 4 vs. Ref; 1d6 4 damage) (1d20 4=14, 1d6 4=9)

Talia's previous Cloud of Daggers should deal 1d6+4 damage to the goblin rider at the start of his turn, if I'm reading correctly.

She also has Orb of Imposition, so the clouds should last for an extra round (meaning that the first should end at the end of her turn in round three, and the second in round four--again, assuming I'm reading that correctly)[/sblock]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
[sblock=sticking my nose in]
She also has Orb of Imposition, so the clouds should last for an extra round (meaning that the first should end at the end of her turn in round three, and the second in round four--again, assuming I'm reading that correctly)
Orb is once per encounter[/sblock]

Zurai

First Post
Mustering his willpower to fight on, as he struggles to his feet, Shamash attacks the wolfrider with a radiant scimitar strike and breathes fire on him. Neither attack breaks through the goblin's defenses, however.

The burst of flames in its face and the whirling cloud of daggers hovering over it do spoil the goblin's aim with its spear, however. Its mount is luckier though, and its teeth dig into Shamash's hide once again*.

"Brother, Watch Out!" Kriv calls out to Shamash as the he swings at the retreating wolf, striking the enemy and tearing a gash in its side. Knowing he can't reach Shamash, Kriv calls out to him "Brother, I'll be there in a moment, hang on!" as he rushes towards Trevor and his adversary**. With a mighty swing of his longsword, Kriv lands a mighty blow on the wolf, driving it to the ground in a bloody heap.

Initiative Order:
Shamash <---- Narration starts here
Goblin Wolfrider
Kriv <---- Narration ends here

Trevor <---- Current Initiative ***
Talia
Raecan
Michael Cael
Wolves

Battle Summary:
Goblin Wolfrider - Injured
Wolf 1 - DEAD
Wolf 2 - Bloodied
Wolf 3 - Uninjured
Wolf 4 - Bloodied

Shamash - 15****/28 hp
Raecan - 18/24 hp
Trevor - 28/28 hp
Michael - 14/30 hp; bloodied, prone
Kriv - 24/24 hp
Talia - 23/23 hp

* - Spear attack misses with an 11, bite attack hits with a 26 for 7 damage. Wolfrider takes 3 damage from starting its turn in a cloud of daggers (Note: It's just wisdom mod damage, no dice).
** - Technically you have to be within 5 squares to Inspiring Word someone, but simply changing the order of operations here works fine. Just keep in mind for the future: It targets you, or one ally in a close burst 5.
*** - Wolf 1 is dead, so you need to choose a new action.
**** - Already figured in the healing surge value but not the +1d6 from inspiring word.

H4H-CotMSFight1Round21.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases