Company of the Morning Sun: Heroes for Hire - Page 5





+ Log in or register to post
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 73
  1. #41
    "I've.. Uh.. Changed my mind. Teamwork is good. Yay team!" Michael scampers away from the wolves, A beam of... Holy light?!? lancing out into the allready deeply wounded wolf.

    ooc

    Shift 1 more square SW then use Dire Radiance. [I actually got Dire Radiance and Hellish Rebuke mixed up last round, Dire Radiance is the one i was thinking of, but Hellish Rebuke worked anyways (It's same damage but the trigger is Me taking damage instead of it moving closer)]
    *Note: I didn't read anything under prone that says I can't shift.. did I miss it?*
    Dire Radiance; Damage; Damage if it moves closer. (1d20+5=16, 1d6+4=5, 1d6+4=10) Curse Damage (1d6=5)
    So 16 vs Reflex for 10 damage. If that doesn't kill it, another 10 damage if it moves closer to me on it's next turn. If it does die, I gain 1 (Count'em.. 1) temporary hp.
    I also Curse Wolf 3.


    Ministats

    Perception: +1 Insight: +5
    AC: 16 FORT: 15 REF: 16 WILL: 13
    HP: 14/30 (1 temp?) Healing Surge: 7 (10/day)
    0/1 Action points.
    Encounter Powers: Vampiric Embrace(Used)
    Daily Powers: Flames of Phlegethos
    Intelligence is the capacity to understand old Ideas.
    Imagination is the ability to come up with New Ideas.

    Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

    This isn't evil! You're just a bunch of NERDS!

 

  • #42
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Redclaw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Eureka, CA
    Posts
    3,039

    Ignore Redclaw
    Raecan turns to face the wolves that are working together to bring down Michael. His elven eyes narrow as he studies the uninjured wolf that stands between him and his fellow mercenary. He once again knocks and fires two arrows in rapid succession. Before the second arrow hits its mark, he is moving quickly across the battlefield, not wanting to get caught out in the open again.

    ooc
    Hunter's Quarry on wolf 3, twin strike both aimed at wolf 3, 25 vs. AC for 8 damage, and 22 vs. AC for 8 damage then move to stand directly next to Kriv.


    Mini stat block

    Raecan
    Perception: 19 Insight: 12 Low-Light Vision
    AC 16 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 12
    Hit Points: 18/24 Bloodied: 12
    Healing Surge: 6 Surges per day: 7 (6 left)
    Encounter Exploiits: Fox's Cunning, Elven Accuracy
    Daily Exploit: Split the Tree

  • #43
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Charwoman Gene's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    3,724
    Blog Entries
    2

    Ignore Charwoman Gene
    "Mangy Cur!", shouts Trevor as he jogs over to the closer wolf attacking Michael. He batters the wolf trying to give Michael the opportunity to slip away.

    OOC

    Move action, adjacent to wolf 3
    Covering Attack vs. AC. (1d20 8=10, 2d8 5=15) I missed, but I shouldn't be forced to reroll my good d20roll, so consider this whining at the DM.
    Last edited by Charwoman Gene; Friday, 20th June, 2008 at 12:29 AM.

  • #44
    "Mangy Cur!", shouts Trevor as he jogs over to the closer wolf attacking Michael. He batters the wolf, giving Michael the opportunity to roll out from between his lupine attackers.

    Talia again raises her her hand, her long, spindly fingers gripping a small glass orb. She whispers the words again, and another whirling cloud of force springs up from the earth, this time surrounding Michael's until-recently-uninjured foe. The magical blades whirl and spin around the wolf and soon the air is filled with a fine mist of blood.

    Raecan turns to face the wolves that are working together to bring down Michael. His elven eyes narrow as he studies the wolf that stands between him and his fellow mercenary. He once again nocks and fires two arrows in rapid succession. Before the second arrow hits its mark, he is moving quickly across the battlefield, not wanting to get caught out in the open again. He reaches his destination as the wolf staggers and collapses to the ground.

    "I've.. Uh.. Changed my mind. Teamwork is good. Yay team!" Michael scampers away from the wolves, a beam of radiant light lancing out fromn his hand into the already deeply wounded wolf. The wolf howls in unearthly horror as the radiance engulfs its form. A moment later, all that remains of it is a shadow burnt into the ground.

    The sole remaining wolf growls low in its throat and again hurls itself at Shamash, doing little damage but once again knocking the paladin off his feet*.


    Initiative Order:
    Trevor <---- Narration starts here
    Talia
    Raecan
    Michael Cael
    Wolves <---- Narration ends here

    Shamash <---- Current initiative
    Goblin Wolfrider
    Kriv


    Battle Summary:
    Goblin Wolfrider - Injured; cursed (Michael)
    Wolf 1 - DEAD
    Wolf 2 - DEAD
    Wolf 3 - DEAD
    Wolf 4 - Bloodied

    Shamash - 11**/28 hp; prone, potentially bloodied
    Raecan - 18/24 hp
    Trevor - 28/28 hp
    Michael - 14+1/30 hp; bloodied
    Kriv - 24/24 hp
    Talia - 23/23 hp


    * - 21 to hit, 4 damage. Also knocks Shamash prone.
    ** - Still missing the +1d6 heal from Inspiring Word
    *** - I've made minor updates to Michael's actions based on sequence of events: Michael shifted 2 squares SW thanks to Trevor's Covering Strike (which hit, since I always use the original roll for changed actions), then stood up on his own turn instead of shifting again. Instead of cursing the deceased wolf 3, I had him curse the closest remaining living enemy, the wolfrider. I hope there's no objections.


  • #45
    Fighting against thelast two foes, Shamash attacks another time the wolfrider, his weapon glowing silver

    ooc
    healing (1d6=4), just enough to loose my +1 bloodied bonus. But the healing really helped, thanks!

    Enfeebling strike with divine strength (to hit, damage) (1d20+6=16, 1d8+8=12)

    Mini stat block

    Shamash
    Perception: 12 Insight: 11 Normal Vision
    AC 19 Fortitude 14 Reflex 14 Will 15
    Hit Points: 15 / 28 Bloodied: 14
    Healing Surge: 8 Surges per day: 10 / 11
    Encounter Powers: Dragon Breath, Shielding Smite, Channel Divinity (Mettle, Strength)
    Daily Powers: Radiant Delirium, Lay on Hands
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #46
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Charwoman Gene's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    3,724
    Blog Entries
    2

    Ignore Charwoman Gene
    Spinning about, Trevor realizes he is out of foes. He charges across to the wolfrider, sword held high.

    New Sig Rules are lame, and I am cheap.

  • #47
    Emboldened by his last fell strike and seeing his brother in trouble, Kriv rushes over to assist Shamash, his chainmail clanking loudly, covering his thundrous footsteps. Catching the wolfrider in the back with his swing, Kriv distracts the goblin, allowing Shamash to move out of the flanking position.

    Actions

    ***If the wolfrider is dead, please change my target to the remaining wolf***

    Move Action: move to flank the wolfrider with Shamash (down 2 & left 3)
    Standard Action: Wolf Pack Tactics - Allows Shamash to shift 1 square
    Wolf Pack Tactics Attack; Damage (1d20+7=15, 1d8+4=8)

    **Forgot to include any flanking bonus in my roll.**

    Stats

    Hit Points: 24 Bloodied: 12
    Healing Surge: 7 Surges per day: 8
    AC 17 Fortitude 15 Reflex 13 Will 13

    Basic Melee Attack: +7 (Longsword) Damage: 1d8+4
    Basic Ranged Attack: +6 (Throwing Axe) Damage: 1d6+4
    Range 5/10


    Powers

    Hammer & Anvil (Encounter Attack, Standard, Coordinating Strike)
    Inspiring Word (Encounter Special, Minor Action, Close Burst 5) - can be used 2/encounter.
    Dragon Breath (Encounter Racial, Minor Action, Close Blast 5)
    Lead the Attack (Daily Attack, Standard)

  • #48
    Fighting against the last two foes, Shamash attacks the wolfrider again, his weapon glowing silver and leaving a shining trail through the air as the goblin's mount spins to the side*.

    The wolf follows up with a snarl and a lunge at the prone paladin, but he manages to get his shield up in time. Unfortunately, that left him open for another thrust from the goblin's spear, which skewers his shoulder and pins him briefly to the ground**.

    Emboldened by his last fell strike and seeing his brother in trouble, Kriv rushes over to assist Shamash, his chainmail clanking loudly, covering his thundrous footsteps. Attacking the wolfrider from behind, Kriv distracts the goblin enough for Shamash to roll away, but doesn't manage to land a solid hit.

    Spinning about, Trevor realizes he is out of foes. He charges across to the wolfrider, sword held high. With a grunt of effort, he swings his blade down sharply, biting deep into the goblin's flesh.


    Initiative Order:
    Shamash <---- Narration starts here
    Goblin Wolfrider
    Kriv
    Trevor <---- Narration ends here

    Talia <---- Current initiative
    Raecan
    Michael Cael
    Wolves




    Battle Summary:
    Goblin Wolfrider - Injured; cursed (Michael), marked (Shamash)
    Wolf 1 - DEAD
    Wolf 2 - DEAD
    Wolf 3 - DEAD
    Wolf 4 - Bloodied

    Shamash - 6/28 hp; prone, bloodied
    Raecan - 18/24 hp
    Trevor - 28/28 hp
    Michael - 14+1/30 hp; bloodied
    Kriv - 24/24 hp
    Talia - 23/23 hp


    * - You didn't say anything about standing up, so I'm leaving you prone.
    ** - Bite attack misses on a 17, spear attack hits on a 19 for 9 damage.


  • #49
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Redclaw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Eureka, CA
    Posts
    3,039

    Ignore Redclaw
    Seeing the dragonborn paladin truly in trouble, Raecan hustles across the clearing and stands beside the prone warrior. There he gets a clear line of sight at the remaining wolf. He draws a single arrow back, taking his time to ensure the hit, and

    ooc
    move between Shamash and the tree, which should put me as close to wolf 4 as to the wolfrider, so I can use Hunter's Quarryon him, and as close to him as Shamash is, so I can use Prime Shot for a bonus to hit...
    13 to hit, 16 damage. Not happy with that, so I'll use Elven Accuracy to reroll, also rerolling damage so as not to look like I'm only rerolling the attack because of the nice damage roll...
    and it's even worse, 12 to hit, 7 damage. Oh well, I tried.

    Mini stat block

    Raecan
    Perception: 19 Insight: 12 Low-Light Vision
    AC 16 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 12
    Hit Points: 18/24 Bloodied: 12
    Healing Surge: 6 Surges per day: 7 (6 left)
    Encounter Exploiits: Fox's Cunning, Elven Accuracy
    Daily Exploit: Split the Tree

  • #50
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    industrygothica's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wichita Falls
    Posts
    4,417

    Ignore industrygothica
    Talia steps in closer to the ensuing battle to get a better view, and again raises her orb in the direction of the goblin rider. "Just die already," she whispers to herself as the familiar cloud of force springs from the ground surrounding the horrible little creature.

    actions
    Move action: 5 squares to the left.
    Standard action: Cloud of Daggers, 1d20 4 vs. Ref; 1d6 4 damage (1d20 4=23, 1d6 4=8)
    Games I DM:
    [d&d 3.5] Those Left Behind: [OOC1] [OOC2] [Character Records] [Chapter 1] [Chapter 2] [Chapter 3]
    [d&d 4e] The Witchlights: [OOC] [Character Records] [Game]

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Company of the Morning Sun OOC
      By Zurai in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 52
      Last Post: Sunday, 14th September, 2008, 01:15 PM
    2. Company of the Morning Sun
      By Zurai in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: Tuesday, 17th June, 2008, 02:11 PM
    3. Heroes for Hire (calling all heroes)
      By hero4hire in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 207
      Last Post: Saturday, 10th December, 2005, 08:53 AM
    4. Anyone playing city of heroes this morning?
      By BrooklynKnight in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Wednesday, 27th July, 2005, 06:37 PM
    5. Heroes for Hire #1: A Gathering of Heroes
      By hero4hire in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 79
      Last Post: Thursday, 23rd December, 2004, 11:18 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •