Company of the Morning Sun: Heroes for Hire

Zurai

First Post
Using his divine touch to close his own wounds, Shamash stands up and calls: "Stop the wolf! I fear he will bring enemy reinforcements!"

Even as he calls out, however, the wolfrider wheels his mount and begins sprinting in the other direction, blood pouring from the many cuts and gouges in its side*.

Initiative Order:
Shamash <---- Narration starts here
Goblin Wolfrider <---- Narration ends here

Kriv <---- Current initiative
Trevor
Talia
Raecan
Michael Cael
Wolves

Battle Summary:
Goblin Wolfrider - Injured; cursed (Michael)
Wolf 1 - DEAD
Wolf 2 - DEAD
Wolf 3 - DEAD
Wolf 4 - Bloodied; quarry (Raecan)

Shamash - 14/28 hp; bloodied
Raecan - 18/24 hp
Trevor - 28/28 hp
Michael - 14+1/30 hp; bloodied
Kriv - 24/24 hp
Talia - 23/23 hp

* - Takes 2 damage from Cloud of Daggers; Move action to shift, then standard action to run.

H4H-CotMSFight1Round41.png

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]What's the cover like under the trees? Is he visible at all? I'd like for Talia to use a double move to get within range, and then use an action point to case Icy Terrain on the goblin rider--I just don't want to post it if the target isn't visible[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
As the cowardly goblin retreats from the fight, Kriv charges after him hoping to keep their presence from being noticed. Dropping his longsword as he moves, the dragonborn reaches into his belt loop and fires two handaxes at the retreating wolfrider.

The first sticks into the tree next to the rider, but the last finds its mark, driving deep into its shoulder.

"Come back Coward!" Kriv calls at the wolfrider.

[sblock=Redclaw & DM]
Not sure if you included the +1 to your attack rolls from Kriv's Commanding presence?
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Move action to get as close to the wolfrider as possible.
Using action point to get another action, attacking twice with ranged attack, includes -2 for distance. Vs. AC. Basic Attack.

Throwing Axe; Damage (1d20+5=12, 1d6+4=6, 1d20+5=21, 1d6+4=9)

24/24 HP
AC 17 Fortitude 15 Reflex 12 Will 13
[/sblock]

Zurai

First Post
There is no terrain of any sort in this particular battle. The trees are spread far enough apart to not cause trouble with movement or vision.

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Not so fast, Fido," Talia says to herself as she moves towards the fleeing wolf. Again, her orb summons that familiar cloud of pain, engulfing the retched creature within.

[sblock=Actions]Cloud of Daggers vs. Ref; 1d6 4 damage (1d20 4=23, 1d6 4=7)

Double move, 7 squares NW, 5 squares W
Use action point for a standard attack action

Also, unless you're figuring something I'm not, secondary damage from the Cloud of Daggers should be 3 (16 Wis) instead of two. Not that I'm going to throw a fit over one point... or anything else for that matter. ;)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=Redclaw & DM]
Not sure if you included the +1 to your attack rolls from Kriv's Commanding presence?
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] I did not. Thanks Renau1g. If you're willing to count it late, Zurai, that'll bring my second round of attacks up to 16 and 21. :D [/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Realizing he can't catch the fleeing wolves, Michael regroups with the main group near the campfire "What the hell we gonna do now? We can't keep up to a couple of wolves running through the woods!" He says

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases