Company of the Morning Sun: Heroes for Hire

Zurai

First Post
As the cowardly goblin retreats from the fight, Kriv charges after him hoping to keep their presence from being noticed. Dropping his longsword as he moves, the dragonborn reaches into his belt loop and fires two handaxes at the retreating wolfrider. The first sticks into the tree next to the rider, but the last finds its mark, driving deep into its shoulder. "Come back Coward!" Kriv calls at the wolfrider.

"You're not getting away from me that easily!", Trevor shouts as he runs after the wolfrider. He leaps after it with a burst of effort, swinging his sword at the Goblin, but missing as the wolf accelerates to its top speed just in time.

"Not so fast, Fido," Talia says to herself as she moves towards the fleeing wolf. Again, her orb summons that familiar cloud of pain, engulfing the wretched creature within. With a strangled cry, the goblin tumbles from its mount and lies, twitching, on the blood-slick grass. Its mount continues to run onward.

It's mine, the ranger replies. Frustrated at his inability to bring the wolf down, Raecan moves quickly after it, once again firing two arrows at his target, then another two. Raecan's arrows sing true one after another, downing the smaller of the fleeing wolves.*

Realizing he can't catch the fleeing wolves, Michael regroups with the main group near the campfire "What the hell we gonna do now? We can't keep up to a couple of wolves running through the woods!" He says.

Initiative Order:
Kriv <---- Narration starts here
Trevor
Talia
Raecan
Michael Cael
Wolves (all dead) <---- Narration ends here

Shamash <---- Current initiative
Goblin Wolfrider

Battle Summary:
Goblin Wolfrider - Bloodied; cursed (Michael)
Wolf 1 - DEAD
Wolf 2 - DEAD
Wolf 3 - DEAD
Wolf 4 - DEAD

Shamash - 14/28 hp; bloodied
Raecan - 18/24 hp
Trevor - 28/28 hp
Michael - 14+1/30 hp; bloodied
Kriv - 24/24 hp
Talia - 23/23 hp

* - You needed the action point; the first two hits left it with just a couple HP and the third hit dropped it.

H4H-CotMSFight1Round51.png

Walking Dad

First Post
"Follow me! We have to stop him from calling reinforcements!" Shamash mover after the fleeing rider. "Stop and face me, by the honor of Bahamut!"

[sblock=ooc]Double move left-down, then use Divine Challenge on wolfrider.
[sblock=Mini stat block]
Shamash
Perception: 12 Insight: 11 Normal Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 14 Reflex 14 Will 15
Hit Points: 14 / 28 Bloodied: 14
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 0
Healing Surge: 8 Surges per day: 8 / 11
Encounter Powers: Dragon Breath, Shielding Smite, Channel Divinity (Mettle, Strength)
Daily Powers: Radiant Delirium, Lay on Hands
[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads