Excalibur Music/Soundtrack?

SHARK

First Post
Greetings!

Ahhggggg! I was just listening to Jim Ladd's radio program, "Headsets" on 95.5 KLOS here in Southern California, and he played this one song/theme, that I am almost certain is from the soundtrack of the movie "Excalibur". It is all gothic sounding, and I believe it is played during scenes when the knights are riding out of Camelot to do battle.

Does anyone have any idea what the name of the song I am talking about is?

Just thought I would ask, because it is a very cool track. Jim Ladd interspliced quotes from the movie "Excalibur" in between various songs throughout the program, which he also included a song from Loreena Mckennit. Very cool programme by the way!:)

Thanks!

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

hong

WotC's bitch
The only part of the Excalibur soundtrack I know, and I'm pretty sure it's the only part that most people know, is O Fortuna from Orff's Carmina Burana. This is probably what you heard. You can get 1,001 versions of it from the classical shelves at your local music store.

Last edited:

hong

WotC's bitch
Mark said:

O Fortuna
velut luna
statu variabilis,
semper crescis
aut decrescis;
vita detestabilis
nunc obdurat
et tunc curat
ludo mentis aciem,
egestatem,
potestatem
dissolvit ut glaciem.

Sors immanis
et inanis,
rota tu volubilis,
status malus,
vana salus
semper dissolubilis,
obumbrata
et velata
michi quoque niteris;
nunc per ludum
dorsum nudum
fero tui sceleris.

Why, there must be dozens of nifty character names in there!

Hong "I am particularly fond of Odumbrata" Ooi

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Vigilance said:
I thought there was some Wagner in Excalibur as well... the Lohengrin or Tristan and Isolde

Soundtrack from Excalibur

1. Theme from Excalibur (2.50) ("Seigfried's Funeral March" from Gotterdammerung)
2. Igrayne's Dance (2.07)
3. Merlin's Spell (3.14)
4. The Siege of Camylarde (2.37) (comp. Carl Orff - "O Fortuna" from Carmina Burana)
5. A Dance at the Court of King Arthur (1.17)
6. The Lady of the Lake (1.32)
7. Lancelot and Guinevere (10.34) (comp. Richard Wagner - "Tristan and Isolde")
8. The Wedding (1.05)
9. Camelot (3.27)
10. Knights of the Round Table (0.41)
11. A Challenge to Honour (3.04)
12. Quest for the Holy Grail (3.57)
13. Mordred's Lair (1.49)
14. Percival (11.50) (comp. Richard Wagner - Overture to "Parsifal")
15. The Land and the King (4.10)
16. The Death of Arthur (6.38) (comp. Richard Wagner - "Siegfried's Funeral March" from Gotterdammerung)
17. Alternate Theme (1.28)
18. Alternate End Titles (3.31)

All others compostitions by Tevor Jones

http://www.underview.com/movies/excalibur.html

mmadsen

First Post
The only part of the Excalibur soundtrack I know, and I'm pretty sure it's the only part that most people know, is O Fortuna from Orff's Carmina Burana. This is probably what you heard.
And, for whatever reason, people seem to confuse Orff's "O Fortuna" with the Conan the Barbarian score. Excellent score, by the way...

Dragongirl

First Post
Gotta love Carmina Burana, played during sooooo many good chase and battle scenes. Personally I play it for good luck, like when I am behind in a game. :)

Remove ads