H1: Keep on the Shadowfell

Rumspringa

First Post
It began, like many such tales do, in a tavern.

In the small town of Fallcrest, the taproom of the Nentir Inn, six
travelers, each from varied backgrounds and lands, had gathered. Strangers
all, they had heard the sad tale of a local woman.

Adeliza Staul's husband had been missing for three weeks. Her husband, named
Douvan, was a respectable citizen of Fallcrest and a rabid treasure hunter. He
had recently come into possession of a map that revealed, supposedly, the
location of a dragon burial site near the village of Winterhaven. Convinced
the dragon's hoard was also there, Douval left to find the treasure. The
journey to Winterhaven took four days by foot. There was no news from Douval,
and the woman was in tears.

Stirred by Adeliza's story (and perhaps by the thought of dragon gold) the six
strangers agreed to investigate and discover Douval's fate. Taking the King's
Road north then west, the company traveled for three uneventful days.

With the Cairngorm Mountains looming off to the north, the party makes its way
through the forested wilderness. Winterhaven, and adventure are now just a few
miles away....

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Darren stretched, cracking his neck as he took up point.
"Well my new friends, we're almost there. I, for one, am looking forward to a good meal when we get there. I presume the tavern would probably be the best place to find out if anybody knows about Douvan, anyways." The dragonman smiled widely. He was always smiling, the others had noted.
In the few days they had been together, he'd been very open about himself, eagerly looking to form bonds with his companions and sharing his strengths with them.

drothgery

First Post
Father is going to take me to task for going off on my own for a sob story again. Lady Sariel thought for the fifth or tenth time since she'd agreed to aid Mrs. Staul. But I sent my retainers home, and with the agreement father wanted signed. And she needed help.

The others had found the Eladrin quiet and private most of the time, more willing to talk to them one on one than to gather around the fire and banter. She had, though, taken the time to practice swords against one of the others almost every evening, trying to get a feel for what kind of openings they could most readily take advantage of, and to make it clear that a daughter of her father's court would never be anyone's idea of a pampered noblewoman.

Her father's retainers were oath-sworn to obey her; these people would need to trust her if she wanted them so strike at her command. She had no intention of claiming leadership except when swords were bare, but if they meant to use what she knew... she was good with a blade, but better as a commander.

"Most likely." She said. "This is not too large of a town; there will not be many places where travelers gather."

Bialaska

First Post
Her name was Delia. At least that was what she had told the rest of her travelling companions. The young human girl was sitting with a small troupe of performance artists in the inn when she heard the tale of mrs. Staul.

During their travels she had been saying a lot, possibly three times as much as the rest of the companions... yet none of it really memorable and most just ignored her comments or nodded and smiled politely.

"Are we there yet?" she asked, a question she had been asking at least a thousand times before in these 4 days... "I'm so bored, come on, let's play some game... Hmm... With my eye I spot something green..."

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Dalarian says little during the trek. He is aloof, almost to the point of being rude. He spends much of the time reading, and you notcie he is pointedly avoiding doing any of the shared manual labor.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Baern slaps his heavy hand on the dragonborn's shoulder (or, at least, that was the intention, since Darren is a bit too tall for the dwarf) and erupted in a loud laughter bwahahahaha Aye, friend, we're almost there! And for Moradin we'll finally have our plenty share of ale!! Then we can play all the games you want, lady Delia

Rayex

First Post
Siranina is her usual self on the road. Chatting with the others, laughing and smiling most of the time. At the evenings she would take her share of the labors and think nothing of it.

Giggeling at Delia's eagerness, and sometime senseless chattering, Saranina parttake in her games. "Green? Hmm.. Can it be Lady Sariels beautiful eyes?" As she says that, she smiles at the Lady, showing she means what she says, and no offence was meant.

She has tried more than once to talk to Dalarian, but he seems hard to reach through to. Instead she now turns her attention at Darren "Yes, I too long for a good meal. Even though I love it out here" she motions at the woods, "the hunting can often be scarce, and the food boring." she nods at the crumbs of this evenings ration of dried bread and cheese.

drothgery

First Post
Rayex said:
Siranina is her usual self on the road. Chatting with the others, laughing and smiling most of the time. At the evenings she would take her share of the labors and think nothing of it.

Giggeling at Delia's eagerness, and sometime senseless chattering, Saranina parttake in her games. "Green? Hmm.. Can it be Lady Sariels beautiful eyes?" As she says that, she smiles at the Lady, showing she means what she says, and no offence was meant.

Sariel did not mind at all, and even played along with the game for a while once. Though she thought the best she might manage was pretty, and then only if you were partial to the tall/athletic type, and thought women looked better carrying a sword.

Rumspringa

First Post
The group continues onward, talking amiably as Winterhaven nears with every step.

The wind is cool and comfortable in your face. An occasional ancient cobblestone peeks through the dirt road, indicating decades of neglect. You notice footprints along the road, many of which were made by small, clawed feet.

It is Baern who notices them first. Poorly hidden out of carelessness or eagerness, and their ambush spoiled, small creatures spring out from behind the boulders north of the road, intent in moving toward you. Scaled and rust colored, they have reptillian tailss and heads, and carry spear and short swords. Kobolds!

[sblock= Map info]

Ive attached a map (ignore the victory conditions boxes- I will work on a counter solution). For now I consider the group to be on the road near coords V, W,X and 10, 11, 12. The kobolds, 5 in number, are near the boulders in the T and P columns. The boulders are 5 feet high.

The terrain is normal except where foliage grows- there it is difficult.

Invisible castle wont respond so here is intiative;

Dalarian
Sariel
Delia
Darren
Siranina
Baern
kobold minions x5[/sblock]

Attachments

• Map_KingsRoad.jpg
    Map_KingsRoad.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 76

drothgery

First Post
Sariel immediately closes with the nearest kobold, attacking with Viper's Srike (normally she'd use commander's strike, but she's going before the people whose basic melee attacks are better than hers). She makes one of those percise, elegant sword strokes that Eladrin swordsmen have ever-been famed for, slashing through the kobold's defenses with ease.

[sblock=OOC]
Did you figure in Sariel's combat leader ability for everyone's initiative (it shouldn't affect anything here unless one or more PC's initiative rolls are only one or two less than Sariel's); I have it built into hers (as she's always within 10sq of herself), but it's going to be a rare combat when any PC is out of range for the effect.
[/sblock]

[sblock=mechanics]
atk;dmg (1d20+5=25, 1d8+4=8) Critical hit, so ignore the damage roll assuming a 25 hits, she does 12 damage to her target, and Sariel's able to call out an OA for someone else if it shifts.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases