Babylon 5: Outrageous Fortune

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc]What skill checks would be useful to find more clues on the beetle. On: The material? Its appendages? Sensory organs? Or just the shape without any of those?[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Ashley stiffens and her eyes widen. Out of pure instinct her hand drops to the small holster where her pistol is an unpleasant weight against her hip.

"Sethyk," she says in a choked voice, "Are you -insane-? Do you know what that -is-? Destroy it!"

Dr Simon

Explorer
Sethyk cocks his head to one side.

"Chrrk. I don't know what it is. Do you, trrk? Tell me. Raive thought it was Tal tech." He turns to Vurk. "Would you like to help me study it, trrk?"

[SBLOCK=Walking Dad]
You'd probably need a specific Knowledge (organic technology) to fully comprehend it, but Know (biology or engineering) would probably suffice in their stead. To get further details, though, would require several hours of study with decent equipment.
[/SBLOCK]

Shayuri

First Post
Ashley turns away, putting a hand to her temple and fighting for control of the animal fear that's welling up at the unmistkable telepathic 'print' of the tiny thing. Fear and aggression towards. It was, after all, an infinitesimal scrap of what she'd been born to fight.

Shadow technology. And Raive had found it here. He thought it was Tal.

Did that mean the Shadows had been here?

But this plague was Shadow tech too. As much as the thought repulsed her, Ashley had to recognize that this wasn't just an abomination.

It was an opportunity.

Her throat clicked as she swallowed and said, "It's dangerous. It needs to be disposed of safely. What do you want for us to take it off your hands?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
Sethyk looks at Ashley suspiciously, and grabs the item back from Vurk.

He hops up to the top of one of the swinging panels.

"Chrrk. Why? Why do you want it all of a sudden, trrk?"

[SBLOCK=OOC]
Failed Diplomacy :)

If Vurk wants to try to hang onto the item when Sethyk snatches it, let me know and we can resolve the action.
[/SBLOCK]

Walking Dad

First Post
Vurk doesn't resist Sthyk as he takes the 'beetle' away.

"Why? Because he lied to you. I don't think this is Tal tech. Something else. And if she says it is dangerous and should be disposed, you should listen to her arguments. I'm a fellow scientist. Just hear her out. I gave it back to you freely and will not take it away." Vurk says, his language slightly metallic from the translator.

ooc: Subterfuge +5; Good arguments: Unbeatable ;)

Shayuri

First Post
Damnit! Ash scolded herself. She'd overreacted and squandered a chance. If she'd played it cool, they could probably have just bought it off of him. Now he was suspicious.

But she didn't want to tell him it's true origins. Sethyk didn't seem like the sort to care what he sold, or who he sold it to...and there were entities who would pay dearly for relics from the bygone Shadows.

"We're here to acquire Tal tech," Ash says, regaining her footing. "That's why we looked you up, and why we're interested in Raive."

She looks at Vurk questioningly. "You don't think that's Tal? I thought I'd seen something like it in a database..."

With a shrug, she dismisses it.

"If it's not Tal, then nevermind. What else do you have?"

(bluff check? :))

Walking Dad

First Post
"Not quite Tal tech. Something else. A kind of replique. No specific signs. Could explode if trying to open." Vurk backs Ash up.

ooc: Subterfuge+5

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: a) Aargh! Where did my last post go? b) Subterfuge is actually a Dex-based skill, covering Sleight of Hand and things like that. Intrigue covers Gather Info and Disguise, Bluff, Diplomacy and Sense Motive are the same as before. I'm all for rationalising skills, but some of the names are a bit vague, I think!

IC:
Sethyk looks between the human woman and the pak'ma'ra. Sarhat, ignored for now, is free to wander the workshop. He spots another couple of T-Kat robots beneath the workbenches, looking in working condition and on stand-by mode.

"Chrrk. You can have this, on three conditions. One, I help you study it. Two, you get me off this stinking planet, chk chk. To somewhere with trees. And three... chrrk... I want to see my friend Raive again. I miss him. But I think I know where he is, and if you want Tal tech, the same person can help you. Deal, trrk?"

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Vurk waits for Ash's response.

[sblock=ooc]Can I distibute my skillpoints in subterfuge to intrigue? Is it a class skill?

Nice WE! Will be back on Tuesday[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases