Babylon 5: Outrageous Fortune

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Gills" gives you the contact code for the Black Nebula, so you can reach both himself and Alexis should you need to. Alexis can't remember the exact address for Brenda Bhatnagar (she was following Raive the one and only time she visited) but knows that it is somewhere in D-14 sector, Middle Tier. "Gills" also offers you his office as a workspace, and use of the computer terminal. The Abbai is about to return to work, but Alexis has one more request.

"You said there were people following me. Who are they? Traven, can you get them thrown out?"

The Abbai shrugs. "If Ms. Logan can point them out to me, I'm sure the Balosians can deal with them."

OOC: Further actions to help find this Raive character - view the datacrystal, track down this Brenda Bhatnagar, or use the "tails" in the bar somehow. Let me know how you wish to proceed.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Sarhat nudges the ranger and comments.

"I think we could use this person in the bar to our advantage. With luck he could lead us straight to our destination."

[sblock=OOC]Heh, I noticed I had forgotten to put my character in the RG :blush:. Done that now.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Vurk fires up Traven's terminal to examine to datacrystal. Alexis becomes visibly agitated at this and has to leave (via a second, back door in order to avoid the tail (s) in the bar.

The crystal contains a series of vid messages from Raive, who in the early messages appears as a darkly handsome man, whose scars and broken nose enhance his looks. His eyes, however, are cold and blue.

The gist if of the messages are Raive telling Alexis that he has acquired some new tech, and encouraging her to do so too. As the messages go on, more of Raive is replaced by machinery and his insistences and ramblings become more disjointed, almost messianic in tone. Although he continues to cajole Alexis into "improving" herself, the talk becomes more about him, about how he is seeking the perfection of the "weak" human body through technology. He alternates between threatening and poetic, between violently animated to disturbingly still and quiet. The last message ends with the words

"You *will* join me. I have powerful friends now; *they* will help me get you back."

[SBLOCK="Vurk"]
Vurk picks out several clues from the disjointed ramblings (as a pak'ma'ra he probably isn't perturbed by the part where Raive is waving his own amputated arm around for emphasis).

When showing off his new artificial right arm, Raive compliments someone called "Sethyk" on his handiwork, and adds "Not bad for a little furball who makes boxes on wheels."

"A little furball" could refer to the Cascor species, a minor League race who have a sort of tree-squirrel appearance about them. Cascor are generally good technicians.

"Boxes on wheels" is a fairly common term used to refer to T-Kat robots, a sort of tracked maintainance bot commonly used on industrial worlds.

At one point during one of his more wild phases, Raive evidently knocks the camera of his vid askew. You get a brief glimpse of a neon sign, reflected on a shiny surface.

Computer Use 14+4 = 18

Fiddling with image enhancement and reversing the image, it seems to be a sign in Interlac advertising "Girls", with a neon palm-tree beside the writing.
[/SBLOCK]

OOC: As regards whoever is in the bar following Alexis, don't forget that currently all you have is a thought picked out of the air by Ashley, no solid identification.

Walking Dad

First Post
"Alright then let us put the informations we got from this together:
When Raive showed his new arm, he mentioned 'a little furball' named 'Sethyk' who usually mades 'boxes on wheels'. The most likely species of this 'furball) are the Cascor. They also have a reputation as technicans.
'boxes on wheels', as you likely know, is a common term for T-Kat robots.

And look at this"
,Vurk pushes some buttons on the keyboard and a former blury reflecton on a shiny surface changes into a sign in Interlac advertising 'Girls', with a neon palm-tree beside the writing. "I would say we got some clues." concludes Vurk his speech.

Shayuri

First Post
Ashley bends over to get a closer look at the screen and nods.

"Good. This'll help. I should clarify too; I know that someone was watching us and thinking about how we might be here to talk to Alexis. I don't know who it was, specifically. Could have been just about anyone. I'm pretty sure that whoever it is will try to tail us though, so they should reveal themselveas we continue."

"But I'm also thinking we might try to find this Sethyk first. Watching that video doesn't make me eager to meet Raive face to face."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Just a ping.

I'm waiting for a decision on your next move at the moment. Some notes are posted in the OOC thread, but it occurred to me that you (second person plural) probably don't check that much.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Whilst you have the use of Traven's terminal, Vurk runs a search for the Sethyk and his T-Kat workshop. He (it) turns up a small database reference to a business called "T-Kat Buy and Trade" run by a "Sethyk S'Kesh", in Lower Tier, K-17 (near the Q-40 refineries). Apart from a contact code there are no other details - unusual for a technology-based business to have such a meagre web presence.

Working on the basis that getting to Sethyk can be combined with flushing out the mysterious tail, the group head out into the streets and tunnels of Tribon. Finding a secluded spot is soon shown to be a lost cause, at least in the area near the Nebula. Vurk proves to be most useful in clearing a route through the crowds as most people veer away from him as he approaches. But the crush of sentient life is so great that spotting anyone following you is a difficult task and although Ashley picks out the same thought processes from the mass of background noise, no visual sighting is made.

Until you get to a transport tube. It is Kevin who first notices the Grome in the transport car, strap-hanging at the far end and paying just slightly more attention to the group than is normal. The Grome catches the Ranger's eye. It would seem that cover is blown on both sides. As the Ranger watches, the Grome pulls out a communicator from the pocket of its trenchcoat and speaks into it.

[SBLOCK="OOC"] I've taken the liberty to put plans into motion. Grome are a minor league race with lumpy pink faces. Generally considered technologically backward. They play a background role in the series, notable appearance is in Season 1 episode TKO where one protests against Walker Smith entering the Mutai.

Transport tube - basically you are in a subway car in terms of picturing layout.
[/SBLOCK]

Attachments

• Grome.jpg
    Grome.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Remove ads