Babylon 5: Outrageous Fortune

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=@ Shayuri]The timid little Abbai that was loath to even help control the ship during the fight all of a sudden wants to be left alone on it now that its damaged? it has no baring on the actual game so stop being pithy about fluff Shay.[/sblock]

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I do not agree with you. You still have duty for your kind. But I will respect your wish. Sarhat places a hand on Cheshana's chest. Valen with you. May you find what you look for in the stars.

Once he rejoins the others he simply shrugs off any question they might have. Cheshana stays behind to make sure the ships don't stray. I will take control and contact him once we are on the bridge.

[sblock=OOC]I sorta agree with vertexx. I was pretty sure what chesh was going to do even before the confirmation. Wouldn't be too far out for a savvy centauri to pick the signs... :)

But to pick on the more important fluff-mistake. It's markab, not abbai :p And I thought she was he, but I'm too lazy to check through the thread for that...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Yes, Cheshana is both a Markab, and a "he" (it's that -ana ending that get's you, I guess. It should be pronounced with heavy emphasis in the first syllable and very little on the 'a's, CHESH-nuh, not that that would ever be obvious from reading it).

IC:

As the crew of the Fortune, plus the two Ensorrians, return to your ship you are greeted enthusiastically by Vurk. An enthusiastic pak'ma'ra is not something most sentient beings want to see.

"It is good to have you back," he says through his translator. "I have the drazi sedated in sick bay. I think the zero-gravity webbing will keep him secure in case he wakes up."

Everyone is strapped in. Sarhat and Kirth run a quick check over the systems of the Fortune, but everything seems to be in order.

Cheshana hails you from the Markab ship.

"Captain Sarhat, ready to disengage?"

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I could have sworn there was an Abbai woman somewhere along the way, I probably messed it up. Its impossible to keep all the NPC's right with these crazy alien names that give no hint as to gender or race (except the Narn with their affinity for apostrophies). (I may have an ear for language, but that doesn't extend to fictional alien dialects obviously. :p Names ending in "A" are traditionally feminine, while names ending in "O" are masculine, Antonia/Antonio etc.)[/sblock]Once aboard the Fortune again, Croft puts away his new 0-G suit and and sets to work carefully examining the new toy...err artifact with great care.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I have the ship. Sarhat answers through the comm and then turns to the others. Cheshana will not join us. He has found another purpose. There seems to be a hint of honoring appreciation in Sarhat's voice.

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Goodbye my friends," says Cheshana over the comm. "I wish you success with find cure for humans. My people help you for return necklace. Mr. Warren, I give you datapad that you like. Maybe I see you all again one day."

With that he kills the communicatio link. The Markab liner pulls away from the Fortune and drifts away into the wild red stormclouds of hyperspace. It is only a few minutes before it is lost to sight, and a few more before it is lost to sensors.

Croft studies the Markab religious artifact. It is a fairly simple decorative design in gold, inset with rubies, suggestive of the sun perhaps. Perhaps worth a few thousand credits for the precious materials alone, more as an art object to the right buyer. It has no technological component to it, it is simply a piece of jewellery (in the same way that The Eye of House Kiro is a piece of jewellery).

[sblock=OOC]
I know what you mean about alien names, which is why I try to keep the number of NPCs as low as possible. The mission started on an Abbai space station, which is where you are remembering the Abbai from. As for the -a ending, well, yes, I know what you mean, except that the Markab don't speak Latin ;)
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"What a waste," Ashley mutters as she watches the Markab drift away. "Waste of a life, waste of a ship...senseless, stupid waste."

She shakes her head. "I hope they like their precious 'relic.' No piece of jewelry's worth what they paid for it. Lets get back and get this over with, Sarhat. Sooner the better."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Denouement

The Fortune returns to Ranasha station, Abbai space.

En route, with telepathis assistance, the story of the drazi is gradually pieced togather. Cheshana performed a fairly thorough download of the Lashaiaj's log onto his datapda. The drazi, named Zakavd, was employed as an engineer on the liner. He, and the ensorrians survived the plague but found themselves adrift in an empty ship full of the dead. The telepathic images of the frightened ensorrians, coupled with his hopeless situation, drive the drazi mad and he came to imagine that the ship was in charge of a demonic figure from drazi mythology. For their own part, the ensorrians locked themselves away from the drazi. Their species is partially able to surive by photosynthesis, and the faint light from Fendamir VII was enough to sustain them, coupled with remaining food rations.

The abbai of Ranasha station are willing to try to restore the drazi to health, physical and mental, and to re-patriate the ensorrians to their homeworld. The loss of Cheshana is mourned, but few seem too surprised. The Markab medical data is made available to Dr. Franklin's team on Earth, and a small step has been taken, hopefully, towards a cure to save Earth.

For a few days, the crew of the Fortune have time to relax on the abbai space station whilst the Fortune undergoes refuelling and maintainance. The you are again contacted by ISA liaison Valerie Maupassant. The Anla'shok want to reassign you from Project Damocles (hunting for a cure for the Drakh plague) to a new assignment.

The Shadow-tech "spark-bug" that you found on Lison has been analysed. It is a new construction. You are to return to Lison and discover more.

[sblock=OOC]
So, I think that wraps up that adventure. I will post more introduction for the next one later on.

For the meantime, you are all now Level 3. You get a stipend of 1000Cr from the ISA (as well as all ship expenses paid!), but this time around you do not gain any extra Influence or other effects on top of those that you would get from levelling normally.
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Kirth Warren

Kirth spends his time tinkering and such. When the crew gathers for meals and interaction, he is uncharacteristically quiet, and given to tenderly holding the datapad that Cheshana gave him and looking at it wistfully. Was that a tear you saw? Nah, couldn't-a been!

Remove ads