Babylon 5: Outrageous Fortune

Shayuri

First Post
(no, that's what I mean...I feel bad that Ashley's the only one who's getting to do anything, and I think that's one reason posting has dropped lately. I think we need to find ways to make sure -everyone- has something they can do.)

Dr Simon

Explorer
The Hurr once again flares its nostrils, and calls up Sethyk on the viewscreen.

"Chk. Now what?"

"They say they know Raive."

"Chrk? Raive?" There is a pause as the techno-squirrel alien rubs its chin. "Send them in. If they can find their way through... Trrrrrrrr." It gives a strange little trilling noise that could be construed as laughter, and kills the connection.

With a shrug, the Hurr presses a hidden button under the counter and the door at the back of the shop slides open.

Beyond is a store room, home to ten identical black metal cylinders. A screen of slender hanging chains covers an opening off to the right, from which comes the sound of voices and the high-pitched whine of a fine drill.

[SBLOCK=Vurk]
Vurk recognises the cylinders as containers for liquid oxygen.
[/SBLOCK]

Beyond the curtain is a strange, dimly lit corridor. It seems as if someone has taken a larger room and cordened it up with metal plates that swing a few centimeters above the floor on heavy chains. The panels block vision to about 2 meters high, but there is an extra meter above them to the ceiling, riddled with ducts and conduit. The plates are covered with racking units and act as a haphazard storage area for all manner of engineering parts, from the joystick of some fighter craft to pots of nuts and bolts.

The sound carries strangely in here, but somewhere further in comes the intermittent sound of the drill, and a female voice talking in a steady drone.

[SBLOCK=OOC]
The panels allow four ways through, from where you are standing. Alternatively you could try going over the top.

On the subject of involving everyone - I always find its trickier outside D&D to define roles as clearly, which may be one reason. I'm using the adventure pretty much as is from the book (except species), which means it isn't very customised to the characters. Further, different episodes aimed at different character types become more spaced out in the PbP format whereas in an evening of tabletop play they might crop up every session. I shall have a think, see if I can modify things.

Meanwhile, here's a situation that isn't about getting past a stubborn shopkeeper :)
[/SBLOCK]

Attachments

• Tkat shop2.jpg
    Tkat shop2.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 70

Shayuri

First Post
(hee...hmm...you make it sound so sinister no one wants to go first :) )

Ashley hesitates for a moment, then proceeds into the hallway with the cylinders, picking her way carefully through the plates.

"Sethyk?" she calls, "Thanks for seeing us without notice like this."

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Sarhat takes an alternative route going by the side of the room. He does have suspicions about this so he takes the little cylinder of his Denn'bok to hand.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Ashley's voice echoes strangely in this room, coming back from all angles with a metallic note to it.

From somewhere further into the chamber comes an answering "Tchk chk. Come on through. Trrrrrrrr."

Some of the routes between the hanging wall-plates are blocked with piles of junk - old mechanical and electronic parts not even worth anything as spares, by the looks of it. The two middle routes seem to leads deeper into the room, both with other openings off to either side.

There is a click and a whirr as, near to Sarhat, a t-kat robot sheds itself of some covering junk and trunldes towards you. Operating lights flicker on and it unfolds some of its utility arms. One crackles with the blue light of an electric arc welder, another ends in a small cutting saw that spins up to speed with an ominous whine. The thing turns its sensor array in your direction and moves towards you with surprising speed.

[SBLOCK=OOC]
The t-kat model of robot is a tracked utility device, something like a bomb disposal robot or a "treadwell" droid from Star Wars. Like other robots in the B5 universe they aren't independently intelligent, but can be programmed to perform simple tasks semi-autonomously.

It's quite a small device on a compact tracked base, but the utility arms give it a taller spidery appearance.

Feel free to place yourselves relative to the robot (R on the map). I figure Sarhat, then Ashley, then Vurk in terms of proximity but I'll leave it up to you.
[/SBLOCK]

Attachments

• TKat.jpg
    TKat.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 76
  • TKat2.jpg
    TKat2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Tkat shop3.jpg
    Tkat shop3.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 72

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Sarhat is a bit startled by the bot and backs away from it, deciding to take the other way with the others afterall.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The 'bot lashes out at Sarhat with its arms, and whirrs in pursuit. It is speedy on its tracks, but the Minbari warrior is faster on his feet. He quickly catches Vurk and Ashley, but the 'bot is bearing down in him fast. It certainly looks like the thing is deliberately trying to harm him.

[SBLOCK=OOC]
Initiative:
Sarhat 18
Vurk 16
Ashley 14
Killer T-Kat 4

Just to kill the mood I also knocked up a daft picture of Sethyk, since I have no illustrations of a cascor.
[/SBLOCK]

Attachments

• Tkat shop4.jpg
    Tkat shop4.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 65
  • Sethyk.jpg
    Sethyk.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 72

Walking Dad

First Post
Vurk tries to flee the robot and thinks desparately about any weaknesses or flaws in it's design to exploit.

[sblock=OOC]
Know engineering +4, Tech electronics&mechanics+4
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
On seeing the insane robot, Ashley jumps to a conclusion. She pulls out her shockstick, hoping that the electricity might prove detrimental to a robot...but hoping above all that it won't be necessary.

"Sethyk! I said we KNEW Raive, but I didn't say we were on his side! Call off the robot, we just want to talk!"

As she speaks, Ashley reaches desperately out with her mind, groping for Sethyk's alien consciousness in an attempt to see if her appeal was met with any trace of sympathy or belief.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases