Mongoose 3.0/3.5 Grand Archive - Any Interest?

MongooseMatt

First Post
Admiral Caine said:
Matt,

This was cross posted over at Paizo. One of the folks over there has asked what would the storage space requirement be (or even an estimate). They feel they might be able to mirror for this collection indefinitely.

Thanks!

I can't imagine the storage requirements would be particularly large, if it was all kept text-based (we can talk about art if this gets off the ground :)).

Man-thing

First Post
MongooseMatt said:
So, any interest? If someone wanted to build the Mother of All OGC sites, we can give you a serious head start. Might even be able to provide you with web space and some rather large bandwidth.

Mark Gedak (long-time MGP playtester) and editor of the Renegade Wizard's Spellbook, Renegade Cleric's Tome, Epic Monsters - who as a lot of MGP's stuff in PDF from these projects would be very pleased to do this. In fact he has 8 days of school left and then could put serious time to this endeavor.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
This is pretty generous of you Matt; however, I hope such a project will include errata and bulletproofing of the OGL content. I suggest asking John Cooper to do that, if possible. ;)

kensanata

Explorer
I'm a wiki developer and I run several small wikis and one larger wiki – the Emacs Wiki.

I volunteer to set up an appropriate wiki using Oddmuse and starting this project as well as maintaining the wiki itself.

Also check out my Campaign Wiki which I've started using for my campaigns – that would give you an idea of where this would be heading. (And we might get a nicer CSS, hehe.)

I guess something like the Hypertext d20 SRD would be the goal. Using a wiki would allow us to allow anybody interested in collaborating. Having a dedicated software maintainer at the head of the project would make sure that software problems can be dealt with and that eventually many of the cool things seen on d20srd.org will be available on the new OGC Wiki as well.

Contact me via kensanata@gmail.com.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
MongooseMatt said:
Most of these books are now out of print, with just PDF copies available - by the end of the year these will disappear too, as it is not realistic for us to remove D20 licensing off every product we produced over the years. Just too many!

Oh crap! I was hoping to keep buying this stuff on pdf for years to come, art and fluff in addition to OGC rules. My monthly gaming budget will not allow me to get all the ones I'm interested in before the end of the year.

Back when he first anounced that the logo would be retired Scott Rouse mentioned he thought it would be as simple as placing a black square to cover the d20 logo in pdfs for companies to keep the products available.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases