PFRPG Alpha - Rise of the Runelords AP

Everything is looking good so far. I like the characters and stories.

We are waiting for characters from bialaska and Shayuri, and I think I need background for Walking Dad.

I'll examine the character sheets more today, but I haven't seen any glaring errors, which is good.

For stuff I'm waiting on, take some more time, but not TOO much. If we can get going by Tuesday or Wednesday this week, I'll be happy. Let me know if anyone needs more time or more info to help build characters.

Shayuri

First Post
Question.

The pdf states that the special feats listed...the "background" feats like City Born, Varisian Tattoo, et al...are "bonus feats." That is, I get the impression we can select one of them in addition to whatever feats we are entitled to as a 1st level character.

Is this a correct interpretation?

Also, is there a specific rule on starting funds?

Shayuri said:
Question.

The pdf states that the special feats listed...the "background" feats like City Born, Varisian Tattoo, et al...are "bonus feats." That is, I get the impression we can select one of them in addition to whatever feats we are entitled to as a 1st level character.

Is this a correct interpretation?

Also, is there a specific rule on starting funds?

I should clarify. The "background" feats listed in the RotRL Player's Guide ARE feats that can be taken for free at character creation; short answer - yes, everyone gets one of those feats for free.

As for starting funds, it is the max allowable for the class you choose, as standard in 3.5 (its not in the SRD, but it is in the PHB).

Hope that helps. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions. You guys are doing great! We're almost there! :)

Walking Dad

First Post
As I will take the 'bodyguard of the arcane painter' twist, merging my background with nonamazing's, Sivan will be of Varisian background.

Would it be ok for me to take the countryborn bonus feat?

Bialaska

First Post
Azor Grimcleaver said:
Everything is looking good so far. I like the characters and stories.

We are waiting for characters from bialaska and Shayuri, and I think I need background for Walking Dad.

I'll examine the character sheets more today, but I haven't seen any glaring errors, which is good.

For stuff I'm waiting on, take some more time, but not TOO much. If we can get going by Tuesday or Wednesday this week, I'll be happy. Let me know if anyone needs more time or more info to help build characters.

I got dragged into a tabletop RPG today, which prevented any progress on me creating a character today. It is late currently, so I'll sit down tomorrow after work and create one.

However before I do anything serious, I'd like to know if no others are going for the Druid, in which case I'll put myself as the subject, otherwise I'll go for the Dwarven Cleric previously mentioned.

Walking Dad said:
As I will take the 'bodyguard of the arcane painter' twist, merging my background with nonamazing's, Sivan will be of Varisian background.

Would it be ok for me to take the countryborn bonus feat?

Absolutely. I see these background feats as more representing very early character life. The Varisian culture is primarily nomadic (ie. - Gypsy) in theme, but many settled in areas of other cultures settlements.

Bialaska said:
I got dragged into a tabletop RPG today, which prevented any progress on me creating a character today. It is late currently, so I'll sit down tomorrow after work and create one.

However before I do anything serious, I'd like to know if no others are going for the Druid, in which case I'll put myself as the subject, otherwise I'll go for the Dwarven Cleric previously mentioned.

Take your time. And as far as I can see, the Druid is yours. Looking forward to seeing what you put together.

We have a good mix of classes so far. I'm glad I went with six characters, though, since no one chose one of the "frontline tank" classes.

I don't forsee that being a problem, as the monk and paladin should be able to hold the line, and some boost spells and summoned creatures from the casters can make a formidable group. I may play around with encounters to see how well you guys work together, with some tougher than others, but we'll see how it goes.

Again, I think its a good group.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases