Gaming w/Jemal: Past Tense (4E) OOC

Walking Dad

First Post
Graf said:
I wasn't banging you. Sorry if that came across the wrong way.

I'd originally had a much longer post (that included your personal situation; cause I saw it on another thread), but I felt like I crossed boundaries a bit. So I just wound up deleting it.
I understand. Everything is fine. I added the first part of the expanded background to the RG post. Not only for you, but tell me, if you like it or not (@everyone: excuse my bad english, please. I'm no native speaker. If there is something that has to be corrected, please tell me.)

Graf

Explorer
Jemal,

Struggling a bit with getting appropriate magic items as well.

The orb that I most want is 3rd level; and I can't find anything I want for 6th level at all.
And if we were more experienced than we are now it seems like we'd have more rituals in our ritual books...

And, speaking of the rituals... ingredients not cheap....
Is this Ok?
[sblock=Magic item/Ritual/Reagent/Gear Math]
Cloak of Resistance+2 (7th)
Blood Thread +1 (5th)

6th level item (1800gp) -> Orb of Inevitable Continuance + 1 (3rd=680gp)
1800 - 680=1120

1120 + 1500 = 2620

3 Rituals 820
Ritual Materials (Alchemical Reagents 500, Rare Herbs 200) = 800
Belt of Vigor +1 (520)
Adventurer's Kit (15)
Secret Chest (200)
Second set of rituals Water Walk (nature) 100 & Phantom Steed (Arcana) 360
Climbers Kit (2gp)
3 gp worth of torches and candles
0gp
[/sblock]

So I have four magic items, one 7th, one 5th, one 3rd and one 2nd and a bunch of rituals and ingredients.
It's probably dumb to spend so much money to be sure we'll be able to cast phantom steed or commune with nature or whatever, but...

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Boo.
Well, as everybody has pointed out, it's a tough decision but, with your help, I've managed to make it.
OK, last two character slots go to..

[sblock=drumroll]
Ash the Eladrin (SarahRequiem) and Illian the Warlock(Atanatotatos).
[/sblock]

Thank you to everyone who signed up, if We have any problems or need more players for one reason or another, the rest of you are first on my list, and sorry I couldn't pick you all.

Jemal

Adventurer
Forgot something..

GRAF:

If you want to get that third level orb, you can either sell one of your higher level items (Not just subtract the price), buy the item straight out, or just downgrade, but I won't be allowing you to divie the 'effective value' around. The three items you get have a MAXIMUM level of 5, 6, and 7. If you want to go with a lower level item instead, feel free, but you're not getting anything extra for it. (sorry)

Also, just to point out - There IS a lvl 6 orb in case you didn't notice it, Magic Orb +2 is lvl 6. If you'd rather go for the lvl 3 Orb of Inevitable Continuance +1, then go ahead. OR you could take the lvl 5 Orb of Sangiunary Repercussions +1.

As far as the rituals go, that's one of the things your extra money can be used for. You'll note that each ritual has a 'market price'. Page 300 of the PHB says this is the "cost to purchase a ritual book containing the ritual or copy a ritual into an existing ritual book. A scroll containing a ritual costs the same amount". If you want a ritual, go ahead and buy it, along with the components.

Jemal

Adventurer
if we were higher level before the event, it'd make sense for us to 'have more rituals and more components' so I'd like to trade my item and buy them".
Ah, that's what was confusing me a bit, I thought you meant 'since we're higher than lvl 1', which was allready factored into the money.
Sorry, but for balance terms I'm gonna keep the rituals as is. (If you'll note, I have in fact started you guys with more than the suggested starting equipment for lvl 6 to show for some of the power difference).

As for the magic item thing, items actually sell for 1/5th their market price in 4e (which really sucks). That means that your 1800 GP 6th lvl item actually only gets you 360GP if you were to sell it. (Which is the same as buying a lvl 1 item).
Looking at the chart, it seems like the sell value on any magic item is equal to the buy value of a magic item 5 lvls lower. That means that trading magic items down for others that you want looses you 5 lvls of item power. (I'd just go with the straight up trade personaly, get a lvl 3 item instead of selling it for gold and then trying to buy a new one)

Graf

Explorer
Ow. I did notice the 1500 was "higher than techinically allowed".

OK. No rituals. Most of it was just selected for RP fun and/or to make things easier on the group (phantom steed, etc). We're walking everywhere boys.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases