Gaming w/Jemal: Past Tense (4E) OOC

Bialaska

First Post
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/235871/

Wow, invisiblecastle appears to be in a good mood, I just fear the stats may be too high. :/

16, 17, 16, 12, 15, 16

I was thinking of playing either a pick-pocket (rogue) or a hunter (ranger). Racial choice would be Kobold (if allowed), because kobolds are the true rulers of the world. How can you not love them? :) Otherwise I'll probably settle for a human.

Bialaska

First Post
Bialaska said:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/235871/

Wow, invisiblecastle appears to be in a good mood, I just fear the stats may be too high. :/

16, 17, 16, 12, 15, 16

I was thinking of playing either a pick-pocket (rogue) or a hunter (ranger). Racial choice would be Kobold (if allowed), because kobolds are the true rulers of the world. How can you not love them? :) Otherwise I'll probably settle for a human.

Rigi was one of the hunters of his small Kobold-village, when one day the Orcs came. They slaughtered a lot of the villagers, but captured some. Rigi was one of those captured and he was sold as a slave to an Orc Warlord.
Eventually Rigi was able to escape, but not before making his former master smile very wide. His escape led him to a nearby human settlement, where he tried settling in for several months, doing odd jobs, but he was a Kobold and nobody really trusted him.
One day a group of adventurers passed the settlement and Rigi found himself connecting to them. They did things that made a difference in the world. He followed them and while not instantly accepted, with time he became a valuable addition to the group.

Graf

Explorer
hero4hire said:
Heh! I was planning to submit a concept but after rolling I have thought better of it. :)
Good to see you outside of superhero territory!

I'm sure Jemal'll let you reroll if its terrible...
(in fact the first post says that he's reserved the right to do so, so he's thinking about it...)

IMHO stats won't be such a big deal. At 6th level there are a lot of other things going on. (*cough* magic items rock *cough*)

Bialaska

First Post
Graf said:
IMHO stats won't be such a big deal. At 6th level there are a lot of other things going on. (*cough* magic items rock *cough*)

Stats are a big deal, both from level 1 to level 30. Unlike 3.X there's not a lot of stat-boosting, so 2 or 4 more in your primary ability means as much as another +1 or +2 in your chosen weapon/implement. That is a lot of gold for magic items.

Jemal

Adventurer
OK, was posting and then my comp crashed so lets try again.

Bialaska & Atanatotatos - Those are indeed fairly high stats. Hmm.. I won't make you reroll them, but I will impose some penalties to get them a little more balanced. Either take a -4 to your highest stat (Before level/racial mods) or -2 each to any three stats.
Graf - Feel free to reroll.
Hero4hire - Still feel free to post the stats. If I think they're low, I'll allow a reroll (as I said I would earlier)
Sarah - Yes, reroll ALL ones.

Also, re: Stat rolling. The easiest formula for 4d6 reroll 1's drop lowest is
Number of Rolls: 6
Roll Dice: 4d6.minroll(2).takeHighest(3)
Example: 4d6.minroll(2).takeHighest(3)=18, 4d6.minroll(2).takeHighest(3)=14, 4d6.minroll(2).takeHighest(3)=11, 4d6.minroll(2).takeHighest(3)=14, 4d6.minroll(2).takeHighest(3)=15, 4d6.minroll(2).takeHighest(3)=15
*Edit: Damn, 18, 15, 15, 14, 14, 11.. those're actually not bad stats. *L* wish i hadn't wasted that on an example.*

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Also, feel free to build as much world into your background (and build as much of your background into the world) as you want, but be warned that for some unknown reason a lot has changed since you went into the temple.

Bialaska

First Post
Jemal said:
Bialaska & Atanatotatos - Those are indeed fairly high stats. Hmm.. I won't make you reroll them, but I will impose some penalties to get them a little more balanced. Either take a -4 to your highest stat (Before level/racial mods) or -2 each to any three stats.

Final stats:
14 (originally 16)
13 (originally 15)
10 (originally 12)

I'll post a character later today, but I need to get ready for work now.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Great, i'll take the second option (-2 to any three stats). I'll go from 12, 17, 14, 17, 14,16 to 10,17,14,17,12,14. Ok?

So, my concept is a a charming Half-elf thorn between his humanity and his deep link to the Feywild (in its more metaphysical aspect). Here's the stats. If you tell us more about the backstory or the setting i will add to the short background.

Illian Soulstorm, male Half-elf Fey Warlock 6

Str 10
Dex 12
Con 16 (+2 Half-elf)
Int 18 (+1 level)
Wis 14
Cha 20 (+2 Half-elf, +1 level)

Ac 20 (22 vs first attack in encounter, +1 when used warlock's curse)
For 18
Ref 20
Will 21

HP: 53
Healing surges/day: 9

Init: +4
Senses: low-light vision, perception:15 insight:22
Speed:6

Languages:Common, Elven, Draconic
Alignment: Good
Patron Deity: Avandra

Racial features: Dilettante
Dual heritage
Group diplomacy

Class features: Eldritch blast (Charisma)
Misty step (5 squares)
Prime shot
Shadow walk
Warlock's curse +1d6

Skills (*trained):
Acrobatics +4
Arcana* +12
Athletics +3
Bluff* +13
Diplomacy +10 (+1 group diplomacy)
Dungeoneering +5
Endurance +6
Heal +5
History* +12
Insight* +12
Intimidate +8
Nature* +10
Perception +5
Religion +5
Stealth +4
Streetwise +8
Thievery +4

Feats: Action surge
Improved misty step
Skill training:Nature

Basic Attack: Ranged eldritch blast +10 vs reflex 1d10+9 dmg, range 10

Powers:
-at will: Eldritch blast
Eyebite

-encounter: Witchfire
Scorching burst (wizard at-will)
eldritch rain

-daily: Curse of the dark dream
Crown of madness

-utility: Beguiling tongue (encounter)
Fey switch (encounter)

Item daily: Gloves of piercing

Equipment:
Rod of dark reward +2 (lvl 7)
Amulet of protection +2 (lvl 6)
Darkleaf leather armor +1 (lvl 4)
Bracers of the perfect shot (680 gp)
Gloves of piercing (680 gp)
Standard adventuring kit (15 gp)
125 gp?

Illian was raised in an elf village situated near to an entrance to the Feywild. He's had close contact with powerful fey entities since very young, and this is clear from both his appearance and his powers. He's a well-built, 5'9" tall half-elf, exceptionally beautiful with his long light-brown hair and striking green eyes. Illian is of gentle nature, but will not suffer any restraint to his personal freedom, and will often feel deep melancholy, and definitely wanderlust. Indeed, his character was always regarded as closer to the Eladrin fey lords than to his elven peers, as capricious as a fey. But Illian is half-human, too, and when his desire for solitude ends he needs the warmth and comfort of friends.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Albedo - Hmm, those stats are consistently good, but considering no 17/18 I think I'll leave them alone. welcome aboard, please post a concept.

Bialaska/Atanatotatos - Those stats are ok.

Atanatotatos - Would you be ok with some form of shortened name? I just can't seem to spell your whole name without cut+copy.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases