Middle Earth D20 Conversion

Corinth

First Post
Question on Project Goal

Maybe I missed it, but is this a project to make Middle-Earth playable as a D&D campaign setting or a project to make an unofficial D20 Middle-Earth?

Eosin the Red

First Post
Maybe I missed it, but is this a project to make Middle-Earth playable as a D&D campaign setting or a project to make an unofficial D20 Middle-Earth?

To modify (only where necessary) d20 to accuratley represent ME.

They have quite a backlog of good stuff. Check out page one of this thread.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Both, really. The project has so far prompted guidelines for those who don't want to go too far afield from D&D, and for those who do. The object isn't to come up with the "one way to rule them all" style of play, but to provide material that will help any given person who wishes to play LotR as either 3e or d20, customizable to how they wish to play.

Gothmog

First Post
Well, don't feel too bad- this is the first time in a year we have been able to devote an entire weekend to gaming. I have a hard time getting away from my PhD work, and my friends who are in St Louis have a hard time getting away too. Luckily my girlfirend is into gaming- so that makes it a little easier.

By the way, since you guys brought it up, what is the longest gaming session(s) you've had in the past? There was one weekend back in undergrad I think we went 33 hours straight. Just curious.

Gothmog

Red Baron

First Post
Gothmog said:
...my PhD work...
In?
By the way, since you guys brought it up, what is the longest gaming session(s) you've had in the past? There was one weekend back in undergrad I think we went 33 hours straight. Just curious.
Well, for me grad school wasn't the problem -- I just played a couple of weeks ago with a guy I know from the English dept here, in fact. Getting married and having a kid did it for me. (Hey, I met my wife in the English dept, too... Hmmm...)

Anyway, back in the day, as they say, we played for entire weekends at times -- I guess about 30 or 40 hours, starting Friday after school and going, with brief intermissions, until Sunday night.

Gothmog

First Post
I am in my fourth year of the Neuroscience PhD program at MU, with a specialty in repair and regeneration in the nervous system. Hopefully only one more year to go, but that depends on how my experiments go. I spend about 30 hours a week in lab, 10 hours a week teaching, and 6-10 hours a week at home writing papers or doing data analysis. What free time I do have I try to spend with my girlfriend, and doing some gaming stuff (painting minis, designing adventures, etc). Yeah, I know- I'm a big geek. :D

I miss those mega-marathon games that went entire weekends, but from what my advisor has told me and what I have seen- the life of a prof is somewhat less hectic, so maybe some time will open up again once I graduate.

Gothmog

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases