Middle Earth D20 Conversion

Palcadon

First Post
ColonelHardisson said:
Once everything is up and running, I hope to have updates on the main page of the LotR site, so you don't have to wonder what's new.

You can count on this. As documents are posted to the site you will see an anouncement on the main page with a link to the document.

Harlequin

First Post
:)

Palcadon said:
You can count on this. As documents are posted to the site you will see an anouncement on the main page with a link to the document.

You guys totally R O C K ! :)

I love Middle Earth...

Keep up the fantastic job!

Harlequin

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
OK, guys, a slight change in procedure.

I just received an e-mail with a doc attachment that contained a virus; since I've never had this happen at the e-mail address I use for these boards, I can only assume it came as a result of the LotR d20 site going "live." Hotmail scans stuff before it can be downloaded, so I was lucky. Anyway, this leads me to decide that I will now delete e-mails with docs of any kind attached.

If you'd like to contribute material, simply post it here, or put it in the body of your e-mail - no attachments. We'll simply cut'n'paste it for use on the site. Sorry for the inconvenience; I can't afford to have a virus affect my computer.

Wolfspider

Explorer
Ack! Viruses are no good at all! I had one destroy everything on my hard drive once...sniff. :(

I was wondering if there is any way that Palcadon (or any other person with the technical know-how) could create a little banner for the site. I'd love to be able to advertise it in my sig and elsewhere. :D

Of course, there's no rush for such a thing. You guys have enough on your plate as it is.

Good job!!!

Palcadon

First Post
Wolfspider said:

I was wondering if there is any way that Palcadon (or any other person with the technical know-how) could create a little banner for the site. I'd love to be able to advertise it in my sig and elsewhere. :D

Yes, in fact I am aiming towards graphics and art now. I have a few more documents to finish ( from you and Derek), I have a couple ready from Colonel Hardisson ( as soon as he has a chance to look at them I will post them up) and then I will be caught up with the documents that I have. From there I will look into graphics and art, taking care of some little problems that I have seen (but haven't had a chance to get to) and the credits page.

If anyone has a document that they don't see on the site, let us know and we will get it up.

If anyone would like to help out with the site, I would love to have the help. I know that EN World has the best 'techies' in the world lurking about. If you see something that would give the site a boost, let us know.

Thanks to all for your support and kind words. It has been a joy working with you so far and I'm sure that the site will continue to grow with the great minds that have started it and all to come.

Palc

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Content question on racial bonuses

Wolfspider and Colonel Hardisson,

Would you mind posting a brief explanation for the racial bonuses for the various elf races? I'm sure you discussed them at some point on the old boards or elsewhere, but I'm curious what your inspiration was for the:

immunity to natural cold, disease, and scarring
+2 saves vs. fire, cold, or poison

I'm not so concerned with the ability modifiers or the skill modifiers. I agree that the Noldor are supposed to be very imposing relative to the lesser races, and Tolkien constantly talks about the greatest singers and the greatest shipwrights and the greatest smiths and so on.

On other process question. I'm curious why you didn't give any of the elves extra HD. It seems like this might be a small barrier to playing them, as a first level Noldor fighter (10hp) has to compete with fourth level human fighters (28hp). He'd be much more vulnerable to hits or to spells like Color Spray. I guess it comes down to whether elves are tougher in that sense.

Any thoughts?
Derek

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Tolkien himself mentions that the Elves are immune to disease and scarring. It is also strongly implicit that they are much more resistant to other physical challenges, like cold - for example, Legolas, lighly clad, runs on top of the snow at Redhorn Pass, rather unaffected by the elements. This physical toughness seems to be an all-around trait for the Elves, so the bonuses to saves against fire and poison seem justifiable, particularly if you've read the Silmarillion.

Personally, I didn't give a bonus to hit dice because the bonuses I gave the Elves seemed pretty powerful without 'em. But, if anyone wants to playtest 'em and let us know how they fared, I'd welcome the info.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Celelbrimbor, Smith of the Rings

Hi All,

Here's a draft for Celebrimbor, sole creator of the three elf rings. Sauron killed him in the Second Age, but he's going to play a prominent role in my campaign. Tell me what you think:

Celebrimbor, male elf (Noldor) Clr12: CR 12; Medium-size (6’10”); HD 12d8+12; hp 60; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Spd 30 ft.; AC 22 (+3 Dex, +7 chainmail, +1 ring, +1 amulet); Melee longsword +11/+6 (1d8+1/crit 19-20); Ranged wand +13 touch (5d8); SV Fort +10, Ref +8, Will +14; AL NG; Str 14, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 20, Cha 15.
Languages Spoken: Common, Sindarin, Quenya.
Skills and feats: Craft (armorsmith, blacksmith, weaponsmith) +16, Heal +15, Diplomacy +12, Concentration +6, Spellcraft +6; Forge Ring, Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Wondrous Item, Leadership.
Equipment: +2 mithril chainmail; +1 longsword, ring of protection +1, cloak of resistance +1, amulet of natural armor +1, pearl of wisdom +2, wand of searing light (26 charges).
Cleric Domains: Earth, Magic.
Spells Prepared (6/6+1/5+1/5+1/4+1/3+1/2+1): TBD

I think Forge Ring is at a good level for creating the rings of power, so I chose to make him 12th. That's also around the level required to cast Control Water, Control Winds, Heal, and Flamestrike, which I figured would be good prereqs for Narya, Nenya, and Vilya. The magic items are mostly placeholders (from the DMG), with the exception of the mithril chainmail (not the DMG's mithral, but same properties). What other magic items might be good for this smith and chief of the Gwaith-i-Mirdan?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases