Middle Earth D20 Conversion

Palcadon

First Post
I have a server with plenty of space, no pop ups and waiting for just this type of input. You can see the first renderings at the link below. I would be proud to re-design the site around your idea Col. H. Let me know if you are game.

PIJoe

First Post
Webpage help

Hi,

I too would like to help out with the web page. I work for a web / graphic / multimedia design company and have infected some of the workforce with a passion for D&D and D20 gaming.

LOTR:FOTR did the rest.

Where are you planning on hosting the site, btw?

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Morrus will host the proposed site here at EN World. A few questions and thoughts:

* I don't want to turn anybody down - hell, I figured it'd be tough to find anybody who'd want to do it at all! Those of you who have expressed interest - how could the project be divided up so that each of you would have a) less of a workload and b) work on the area of your expertise?

* What would you web page designers need from us, specifically?

* The basic set-up I described above would be what we'd need you guys to work with. If you need further clarification, just post here and we'll hash it out with everybody - after all, since it's kind of a community project, I figure let the community make input into how it's all set up.

* Beyond the foregoing, I leave the design up to those who know what they're doing. Morrus, of course, will have final say on the design. I guess my role is, I don't know, something of a project coordinator.

Eosin the Red

First Post
Webmonkey

Col H,

I think I will retract my name at this point. I thought from your post that you were expecting some difficulty in finding a webmonkey. As I have said before, my time is stretched thin with maintaining and creating for my WoT site, that hasn’t changed. I did feel that I should pony up if no one else was up to it. I have followed this thread for close to (if not over) a year now. I felt that I should pay back what I have taken out. If at a future date (for whatever reason) there is a problem please feel free to contact me. I ain’t going anywhere. I just don't relish the thought of riding this beast and my beast at the same time.

Lord Vangarel

First Post
ColonelH

This thread has needed something like this for so long now!

If you need any help I can do html etc although my main area of expertise is programming so any scripts/databases etc!

Palcadon

First Post
MED20 Site

OK Col. H. I will talk to Morrus about the specifics of the hosting.

As far as site design:

We should break down the people who would like to work on the site as follows. (These are just suggestions)

1. Content writers; We will probably need a few people who can organize the submisions we get, hold meetings for people who are working on the contnent, break the different aspects down... and so on.

2. Site Design; Again.. this could be a team effort with a core of final content uploaders and different people working on different pages and aspects. It looks as if we may have have a couple of HTML writers in Eosin and I, a possible Graphics Designer in PIJoe and a CGI scripter in Lord Vangarel.

The people who have been responding to Wolf Spider's Yahoo group and here are already bringing some great contnent to bear.

Some things we should look into would be.

1. Original Art Work
  2. Mapping
  3. Possibly a meeting with Russell, Col H, and any who are interested in the project.
    [/list=1]

Anyone else have suggestions?

Palc

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I would largely stay out of this - I don't have the time to get involved - but I'll provide the web space and an ftp acount, plus a permanent link from the front page.

It's up to Col. Hardison how it all progresses. I'll keep an eye open in case of potential legal problems, but if this kept strictly as a 'fan-site' thing, there should be no problems.

My advice would be to get a gneral outline set up. Then you can go into more and more detail as you wish. Someone's mapped out Moria? You just throw it onto the 'locations' page. Someone else has fully statted out Legolas? Onto the characters page it goes! But, as I said, it's up to you how you go about it, not me.

It's also up to you as to whether you want to use the d20 STL. Remember,if you want to use the d20 logo, you'll be expected to stick to the terms by WotC; if you don't use it, I'd expect them to be more lenient. My recommendation is that you don't use it.

[Edit - thinking about it - I haven't checked, but I'd be amazed if the d20 STL didn't specifically prohibit you from using IP of another company without permission... take a look at the license, but I imagaine you'll find you can't use it].

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases