Reign of Discordia Design Diary 3 - Setting Elements

Darrin Drader

Explorer
SilvercatMoonpaw2 said:
I think you missed one:

"We protect the stable, at-least-not-evil large cooperative of worlds from the forces that seek to disrupt it."

Hmm.... More like, "We seek to protect the stability of the at-least not-evil independent worlds from the forces that seek to conquer or destroy them.

But yeah, that is also one of the foci of the setting.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
SilvercatMoonpaw2 said:
I'm not sure if I said this right: I'm talking about games where the setting isn't fractured and/or dealing with a lot of issues.

Ah yes, the setting doesn't lend itself too well to the Star Wars New Republic model or the Star Trek model. There is no political stability to protect. You could definitely run an exploration style campaign, but the question will naturally arise who they're working for and what their real objective is.

Another one that the campaign does lend itself to that I forgot to mention in the blog is the archaeological campaign. There's a lot of dead worlds out there with lost technology. Characters can get rich by going out there and finding that technology. Of course there would be competition....

ValhallaGH

Explorer
Darrin Drader said:
Another one that the campaign does lend itself to that I forgot to mention in the blog is the archaeological campaign. There's a lot of dead worlds out there with lost technology. Characters can get rich by going out there and finding that technology. Of course there would be competition....
Or they could help build a stable section of the galaxy using the technology and knowledge from their findings. And face the competition of all those vultures looking for a profit. :D

Remove ads