Free Fantasy Architecture Part 3 (6/20/08)

KnidVermicious

First Post
It seems like my creativity takes about two or three years to recover from burnout. I've started doing 3D stuff again. Now I'm using Sketchup for the modeling instead of AutoCAD, but I'm still using Piranesi for the rendering.

Here's an evolution of a creepy lighthouse I made for KidCharlemagne. The lighthouse is the only part I modeled. Everything else is just "painted" in.

Attachments

• Lighthouse7small.jpg
    Lighthouse7small.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Lighthouse8small.jpg
    Lighthouse8small.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Lighthouse9small.jpg
    Lighthouse9small.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 70

KnidVermicious

First Post
Here's those same three images before I softened them with blurring and noise. Of course, with these smaller images it's hard to see much of a difference.

Attachments

• Lighthouse7a_small.jpg
    Lighthouse7a_small.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Lighthouse8a_small.jpg
    Lighthouse8a_small.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Lighthouse9a_small.jpg
    Lighthouse9a_small.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 56

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Hey Knid, well done. Glad to hear that your creativity has returned. I go through burnout quite often when it comes to mapping in CC2 Pro, and that's a simple program to use for me.

I'll be keeping an eye out for new posts on this thread.

Cheers!

KF72

Cool :)

for organic modelling try MOMENT OF INSPIRATION, or you can get Hexagon form daz3d.com dirt cheap if you join Platinum Club.

I use Vue for scene Renders, and Rhino+Maxwell for model renders (last two are very expensive, sorry).

there IS a high quality renderer that's free, but I'm buggered if I can recall it's name though :/ (not Blender)
try www.scifi-meshes.com for tech help on 3d stuff :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases