[IC] Sons of Gruumsh

Rayex

First Post
Welcome to the Restart of the Sons of Gruumsh game.

First, a couple of "rules" for play.

Please select a color for your characters speech.

[Sblock=ooc]Keep all OOC stuff sblock'ed, including rolls and so on.[/sblock]

Please use Invisible Castle for rolls. Create an account there using your characters name (Its free, and you can have as many accounts as you want), and use it for this game.

When combat starts, please include a short statblock with relevant info in the ooc part; HP, AC, saves and other relevant info.

OOC thread
RG thread

The party:

Kergan Bloodhammer, Dwarven Rogue/Fighter/Ranger, played by renau1g
Derrenil Llirthyn, Drow Cleric, played by s@squ@tch
Raven Caradas, Human Monk, played by Walking Dad
Baelathavin , Elf Wizard, played by Legildur

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Day 1 - Entering Melvaunt

You have arrived in the city of Melvaunt, which sits on the northwestern shore of the Moonsea. Melvaunt has a reputation for being a place rife with danger and intrigue, and ripe with potential for adventure, wealth and fame. You carry with you the seal and a letter from Woarsten Nanther, patriarch of a powerful and influential noble Melvaunt family. His son has gone missing, and he requests your aid in recovering his lost scion. The seal has gained you free passage into the city, though not without a thorough inspection by the town watch (they seem particularly suspicious). Once inside, you observe that Melvaunt is a dirty city with labyrinthine streets, smoke-clogged air, and grumpy locals. The baking sun almost at its peak does not help to make things more comfortable. Best be on your guard!

[sblock=ooc]
Do you lot arrive together?
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
As far as the group knowing each other, here is what I have so far:

Derrenil left her drow homeland after her mother was betrayed by the elder priestesses in her clan. (she was vying for power and was assassinated by an orc warband - who was directed to her location by her rivals) The young drow priestess (Derrenill) was distraught and left without direction. Knowing that she could not survive in such a situation, she secretly escaped the enclave before they could kill her as well. Turning her back on the drow culture, she drifted towards the surface and took refuge in the forest, sleeping during the day, and being active at night. She came to embrace the forest and was visited by an avatar of Elistraee -- which offered her the path at espousing and role-modelling the finer points of the drow race, just as she does herself.

That being said, she could easily have run into Kergan during his exploits in the forest, especially due to their shared parental loss and hatred for orcs.

Raven might be a tough stretch, but something can be worked out. need some time.

And Bael could also have been met in the forest.
[/sblock]

Legildur

First Post
The 'young' elf's nose wrinkles as he enters Melvaunt. Shaking his head slightly in disgust, he makes only one comment to his companions, "Give me the tree houses anytime."[sblock=ooc]Taking Medium Turquoise for Bael's speech, as I use that colour for all my characters on EnWorld.

I think it is easier for the characters to have met before and to arrive together. Certainly S@squ@tch's suggestions work for me.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Raven

"Or a quiet mountain monastry", the dark skinned man in the group replies. He wears only sandals, plain trousers and a vest in the same color. The only open 'weapon' he carries is his staff.

[sblock=ooc]Raven is a wanderer on the search for perfection. The others could met him nearly everywhere.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Kergen smiles at the others, taking in the aromas and sounds of the city. Sometimes he forgot what it was like, although he preferred the seclusion and peace of the forest, there was something exciting about listening to the heartbeat of the city.

"Ah, you just need to get used to it.... ah ferget it I know its not as pretty as the forest or as peaceful as your mountain home, but you have to admit its more exciting" Kergen says as he brushes by a vagrant, ignoring his pleas for coin. "Can't feed'em all" he thought.

Looking at the group, the dwarf is, not for the first time, quite surprised at the composition. He met the drow when he was hunting the accursed orcs and nearly slew the female at first sight, but something stayed his hand. He sensed a kinship in her and after speaking to the drow, he learned why. They agreed to accompany each other on their travels, at least for now.

Meeting the elf, Kergen was even more amazed that the wizard didn't try to fry the drow where she stood. Although, I suppose saving him from a group of bandits helped establish some trust. Saving someone's life always helps.

Finally, meeting the quiet, contemplative human on the journey was yet another coincidence. He seemed to be waiting there for them, his simple clothing and walking stick made him appear to be nothing more than a simple commoner, but the way he moved, with fluidity and poise, betrayed his exceptional nature. Mentioning his quest for perfection, he seemed an interesting companion and the trio agreed to become a quartet.

[sblock=OOC]
Yellowgreen for Kergen. I hope it's ok to have put the above together. I took some liberties with your characters, so if you want me to change anything let me know.
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
Derrenil, Cleric 2, Hp: 18/18

A flowing form follows the dwarf into the city. From all outside appearance, no one could be sure what was inside the deep cowls of the cloak.

The cloak itself was a jet black mesh, made of a mixture of silk and cotton, trimmed with bright white leather.

A seductive voice calls forth from the cloak,"Exciting as this might be for you, let us not dally and be off to find our benefactor."

The drow was still uncomfortable in the cities of the surface dwellers, preferring the trees and bushes to taverns and markets. Of course, most of this was due to the inherent distrust and hatred shown due to her race's most well-known traits and personalities. Derrenil has come to grips with the fact that most people hold prejudices against the drow -- although she, herself, has cast down most of those ideals and beliefs held most dear to them. Narrowly escaping small-scale genocide has that effect on a person.

That, and the sun was too bright for her highly sensitive eyes.

Walking Dad

First Post
"We should get a place to sleep and eat and then begin our search. I'm not much in sight seeing, and this place doesn't look like it has a sight worth seeing." the only human in the group says, all the while looking around for possible danger or thievery.

[sblock=ooc]Spot +7; would you like to roll our perception and stealth checks? I think they are the typical behind the screen rolls[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Agreed, nothing like staying in the taverns of a city to remember the enjoyment of sleeping outside under a tree with a cool breeze rolling over you." Kergen says wistfully.

Walking up to the nearest local, the dwarf asks "Excuse me good sir/madam, I am from out of town and am hoping you can help me find a reputable place to stay, one that won't take advantage of a foreigner?" in his most friendly voice, which is only slightly more inviting than the sound of rocks scraping together.

[sblock=OOC]
Gather Information (1d20-2=14)
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=DM/OOC]
So, is our noble family benefactor a resident of Melvaunt? Are we to meet with him, or did he give us an information download of the facts and other minutia about the where's and how's of his son's disappearance?
[/sblock]

Remove ads