RPG purchases you know you'll never use

Crothian

First Post
This is more a general RPG topic then d20 specific. I just got the new Buffy RPG. I know I'll never get to play it. It seems like a great game and everything, but I don't think it really fits the current group.

So, what RPG games or supplements have you bought and known full well you are never going to use?

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Crothian said:

So, what RPG games or supplements have you bought and known full well you are never going to use?

Hmm, this is an odd one.

I bought 7thSea and a lot of that rpg's books- with no intention to ever actually play.

However- I have used a lot of ideas from the books for d&d.

The only other one that comes to mind is the Epic PH, but the price was too good to pass up.

FD

Forrester

First Post
In all honesty, except for a little inspiration here or there, probably the Epic-level handbook. What was I thinking?!! :)

Also bought Skragg, City of the Orcs, and given the amount of ass that it sucks, I'm highly unlikely to ever use that, either.

I'm tempted to buy the Buffy RPG ,actually, as I am a huge Buffy fan :). Not that I have a group to play it with right now.

Tsyr

Explorer
The "Dune" RPG... that Hardcover limited edition one... No way I'll ever get to play it since I'm the only one around here with a book for it, and I value it to much to lend it out to some of my friends who don't always treat their books nice.

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Tsyr said:
The "Dune" RPG... that Hardcover limited edition one... No way I'll ever get to play it since I'm the only one around here with a book for it, and I value it to much to lend it out to some of my friends who don't always treat their books nice.

Me too on this one- it totally slipped my mind.

FD

Psion

Adventurer
I try to make use of all my books. Every new adventure, I'll try to pick one or two books off my shelf to see if I might use it.

As a reveiwer, I get lots of stuff I know I will never use. I'll exclude those for now, as that is to be expected.

Of stuff I have purchased myself: RttToEE comes to mind. It's a nice, big adventure. But I find that even a small adventure that takes 2 or 3 sessions cramps my style. A huge adventure like RttToEE would make me feel very confined.

derverdammte

Explorer
I'm guilty of doing that every once in a while:

Aria
MIB
Amber
Elric!
Deadlands
Asylum
Kobolds ate my Baby (and More Things to Kill and Eat)

Those are all games I have but don't ever expect to play. Mostly, I just picked them up because the concepts were interesting.

Wikidogre

First Post
Forrester said:
Also bought Skragg, City of the Orcs, and given the amount of ass that it sucks, I'm highly unlikely to ever use that, either.

Actually Skragg came through as a good source of ideas. yes in turn the majority of the book sucked....but i scraped out the more usefull info and used it, in my design for an upcoming camp. War of the North, Skragg is actually the main fortress for the Orc and Goblinoid army, who is threatening the silver marches.

*as for the topic, i think ELH, and my whitewolf collection, no one i know or game with shows any interest at all in gaming in the world of darkness.:(

Wikidogre

First Post
Re: Ravenloft

Raistlin Majere said:
The question is WHY do I buy it all... I guess because I have a sugar momma!

Sugar mommas are the best....:D

I should know i am going to take the plunge with mine!
man rings are freaking expensive!!

Bagpuss

Legend
Aliens
Darkstryder campaign for Star Wars
Millennium's End and suppliments, still used loads from it for Cyberpunk.
Wraith (loved the concept)
Changling (loved the art)
Fading Suns (there is still hope I will play this one day).
Bloodshadows
Tank Girl (loved the original Deadline comic).

Remove ads