RPG purchases you know you'll never use

tburdett

Explorer
This is the RPG stuff that I no longer use. This list does not include anything that I currently use.

Top Secret (2 different editions)
James Bond 007 (Victory Games)
Runequest (AH)
20+ RQ Supplements (Vikings, Ninja, Griffin Island, Apple Lane, and more)
Gamma World (2 different editions)
Boot Hill
Champions (first 3 editions)
30+ Champions/Hero System Sourcebooks
Marvel Superheroes
DC Heroes (2 different editions)
Morrow Project
Traveller TNE
Dark Conspiracy
10 Dark Conspiracy Supplements
Cyberpunk (2 different editions)
Shadowrun
10 Shadowrun Supplements
Legendary Lives (2 different editions)
Aliens RPG (Phoenix)
Relics and Rituals 1 (book 2 is much better)
Creature Collection 1 (book 2 is much better, hmm, a pattern?)
Elric (Chaosium)
Call of Cthulu (Chaosium)
Paranoia
GURPS
16 GURPS Supplements
Star Fleet Battles RPG (forgot the exact name)
Recon
Delta Force
Twilight 2000 (all 3 printings/editions)
Tomb of Abythsor (players started but left, won't return)
Heroes Unlimited (Palladium)
TMNT (Palladium)
Robotech (Palladium)

There's a bunch of other RPG stuff that I just can't recall right now. I have boxes at my parents AND grandparents because my wife got tired of it all being stacked in our closet.

This is the other 'stuff' that I no longer use.

Minion Hunter boardgame (based on Dark Conspiracy)
Dungeon (the old TSR D&D boardgame)
Deluxe Illuminati
Nuclear War
Nuclear Escalation
Nuclear Proliferation
Battletech (too much stuff to list)
Top Gun
Civilization
Advanced Civilization
Star Fleet Battles (everything, literally everything)
History of the World
War at Sea
Victory in the Pacific
Dungeonquest
Dungeonquest Miniatures
Hacker
Aliens
Aliens Expansion
Air Superiority
Air War
Federation and Empire (both editions)
Blood Royale
Advanced Squad Leader
3 ASL Supplements
Kingmaker
Flight Leader
Attack Sub
Up Front!
Up Front! Banzai
Chaos Marauders
Firepower
Fuedal
Star Fire
Wilderness Survival
Full Thrust
Full Thrust Supplement
Real Space

And the other stuff that I don't have in my notebook. I was going to auction this stuff off at a local Con but changed my mind. Or, as my wife would say, I failed my WILL save.

I had about twice this much stuff when I first met my wife. She doesn't hate gaming, I just needed to make room for her, and then the kids when they were born. :)

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Thanks for all the offers, everyone (especially for KABAL) - but I'm keeping the collection.

I'm a collector. Even better than that, when I became a game writer it turned into a research library.

Acmite

First Post
I posted earlier that I had purchased Farscape d20 and I wasn't sure I was going to ever get the chance to use it.

[Hijack]

Well, Farscape was suddenly cancelled yesterday. The show can still be saved, but we need everyone's help. The sets will be destroyed next week, so immediate responses are needed. All the details are in my SIG.

[/Hijack]

I'm going to make a point of getting use out of that book now, regardless of whether or not the show is saved.

Mobius

First Post
Ars Magica (grogs?)
Call of Cthulu, sp. ed (too good a book)
Hackmaster (I game with a bunch of anti-D&D freaks)
RoleMaster (waaaay too involved)
3e (not my cup of tea)

and, most heartbreakingly:
All Flesh Must Be Eaten
(no one will play this with me)

LcKedovan

Explorer
HellHound said:
Thanks for all the offers, everyone (especially for KABAL) - but I'm keeping the collection.

I'm a collector. Even better than that, when I became a game writer it turned into a research library.

I figured you would say that, but hey it never hurts to ask ;)

I have a lot of my stuff but some old edition games have over time gone somewhere (like socks in the dryer) and I have no idea where they dissapeared to.

-Will

LcKedovan

Explorer
Re: Re: Re: Re: Ravenloft

Default Name Player said:

You know, I feel like a total geek right now because when the first poster said that "rings are expensive", I thought that he was talking about the "Lord of the Rings Core rulebook"... :(

Oh man, you SHOULD feel that way! :D When I read it I thought they were talking about the Forge Ring feat :p ;)

-Will

Blacksad

Explorer
Re: pout

Dextra said:
-MetaBarons- wow, Moebius and Jodorowsky! Sweet! What a great universe, too bad we just don't have the time or inclination to actually learn a completely new system.

I do not understand this one, the game is composed of two books: a rulebook, and a backround book.

I've bought the backround book for my brother, it has absolutly no RPG stats in it! It was meant to be a nice book to fan of John Difool and l'Incal, i.e. comics reader. You can use the backround book with the dragonstar rules and the psi handbook, and voilà.

The rulebook use the old star wars d6 system, so you shouldn't have difficulties to find players who know the system.

My list:

GURPS basic set
GURPS fantasy folk
GURPS mecha

AD&D 1st edition:
Player Handbook
Dungeon Master guide
monster manual
monster manual II

AD&D 2e:
A player's primer to the outland
House of Stradh (the moment my player see the cover of the book, they say NOOOO! :D)

Irysangel

First Post
I might be the only person in creation that has....

The Elfquest RPG put out by Chaosium!

And sadly, nobody ever wanted to play wif me.....

WanderingMonster

First Post
Henry said:
Continuum is a time travel game that jazzes me up on so many levels, but I cannot get my group to agree to play it - not even for a one-shot. On day, I will attend a Convention demo-ing this game, and pick up not only the feel of the game, but also some pointers on how to hook my players into at least playing it once.

Well, I almost got to play, except that the day we made characters, my wife (who is part of the gaming group) and the rest of the group had such a angry argument about the nature of time paradox, that I knew we could never play. I can wish, though...

Nobilis by Hogshead Games. Looks great, reads great. Will I ever get to play it? Probably not.

I'm very guilty of this... VERY guilty.. LOL

*Mage
*Aeon (before it was known as Trinity)
*Hackmaster PHB
*Star Trek TNG Roleplaying Game, Core Rulebook + anything else i bought for it (The one from Last Unicorn Games...what the hell was I thinking? Well at least it's a really pretty book...)
*Alternity...sort of
*Werewolf splatbooks
*Netheril: Empire of Magic
*Night Below
*Dragon Mountain

There's probably more, but that's all i can think of.

Remove ads