Guns, Germs, and Steel . . . and then a few more GUNS!!!

Jeph

Explorer
Actually, this is just an excuse to promote a free .pdf by a guy I don't even know, but that's not the point. http://www.sleepingimperium.rpghost.com/d20downloads.htm Go there or die!!! Actually, it would be more appropriate to say, Go there and download the guns rules or DIE!!!!!!

Right, now my excuse for posting this:

Does anyone else out there run a semi-dark campaign setting where people shoot each other?
Or maybe I should say, Do people in your campaigns shoot each other, with GUNS?
If so, what rules do you use?
If they are not the ones in the above website, I suggest going there, because they are awesome-y.

Guns really changed the feel of my campaign. Even though i skipped the guns stage and went strait to plasma blasters, it really changes everything. makes ocmbat more lethal, and then everything associated with that: More diplomacy, more plotting, planning, and advanced preperation . . . All positive changes, IMHO.

So, whats your HO? (by that I mean Humble Opinion, in case you were having trouble)

Ace

Adventurer
I am not interested in going gun crazy in my game but I lve those rules. I am using art of them in a D20 varient I am creating.

Great stuff

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Ace said:
I am not interested in going gun crazy in my game but I lve those rules. I am using art of them in a D20 varient I am creating.

Great stuff

::polishes his NRA membership card::

rules for guns!! more the better!!!

Jeph

Explorer
Kool! I am also using them in a d20 varient. . .

something as Feng-Shui-ish as I can get without actually having seen the Feng-Shui rulebook. I think. Maybe i'd be more shure if I had the Feng 'shui rulebook--AAAAAAAK!

To bad it's not in any of my local gaming stores.

(Voice) Use the Amazon, Jeph! Use the Amazon!
(Jeph) Oh, yeah, that. *Jeph is currently at Amazon.com He will return shortly*

Green Knight

First Post
"Guns don't kill. I do!" - McBain

Thanks for the link. I've downloaded it and am reading it, now. Looking to play a Ravenloft campaign, soon, and am thinking of playing a Paladin with firearms. However, I just can't wrap my head around wasting a feat to use a weapon which mechanics-wise is inferior to the bow. I got a Str 17, so once I reach 4th level it'll become 18. So right there, should I get a Mighty Longbow, I'll have a weapon that does 1d8+4 damage. That's BETTER than a musket, which does 1d12. Then there's the rate of fire. Wouldn't be so bad if D&D guns penetrated armor or there were feats like Rapid Reload from Sword & Fist which sped up the reload time. But as it is, my role-player half is having a really hard time justifying the feat expenditure to my power-gamer half. :p

Green Knight

First Post
What was that about dwarves and guns?

39513_DwarfDual_xlg.jpg

Kilmore

First Post
I have guns in my campaign, but my characters KNOW that they are dangerous. Especially if they fire those Zany Bullets.

Basically, they found an old wizard's tower that had a huge mana lode sealed off by a ton of lead. The mana melted the lead and enchanted it. When discovered by the players... "Let's make bullets!"

Heh, heh... I knew they'd do that.

:D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases