Lantern on Belt?

ThomasBJJ

First Post
Some of my PC's keep argueing that they want to "Hook" thier lantern to thier belt while walking around and fighting.

This makes no sense to me. I ruled that assuming they could find a way to "attach" the lantern to thier belt, each step they took would likely slosh the oil around and put the lantern out, fighting being out of the question.

Am I being reasonable? Do the rules support my position, or the players, or are they vague and left up to DM to decide?

Crothian

First Post
It might be possible as long as he didn't move much. Oil would slosh around and very possible spill. Heck, I'd allow him do it, first fight an ememy targets it and he gets flaming oil all over him.

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
Yeah, someone did this in a RPGA game I ran in a couple weeks ago. I was confused--how do you safely hook a lantern on a belt?!

If you're human and need light, just light a torch and drop it. Or carry it in your shield hand (if you have a small shield). Or nail a 2 sp torch sconce into your large shield. This thing with a belt lantern is silly.

I agree with the guy above. Have a monster smash the lantern, covering the PC in flaming oil. Hee hee!

Taloras

First Post
If they need light, buy one of the weak ioun stones (theres one that does nothing but orbit) and cast continual flame on it. simple, and it works.

Ace

Adventurer
Another option is to allow a small belt lantern to be made. It should cost more and do less but it is possible to have a small bullseye lantern with a clip on it

I would make a candle lantern though

spunky_mutters

First Post
Here's another vote for setting the character on fire. Either that, or I'd tell they they need special Dwarven Lanterns that are 10x regular cost and burn special oil that's 10x cost, and hard to find.

Astlin

First Post
spunky_mutters said:
Here's another vote for setting the character on fire. Either that, or I'd tell they they need special Dwarven Lanterns that are 10x regular cost and burn special oil that's 10x cost, and hard to find.

Why would the Dwarves need to make special lanterns? They have Darkvision.

My two favorites are:
Sunrod (30'r / 6hours) 2gp
Continual Flame (20'r / Permanent) 110gp (50gp if you can get it cast for free)

Astlin

Astlin

First Post
da chicken said:

Because all the rocks are the same color in black and white. You need some light to see the gold!

Hmm, I was under the impression that Dwarves found gold by using that big nose of theirs.

Astlin

kreynolds

First Post
Astlin said:
Hmm, I was under the impression that Dwarves found gold by using that big nose of theirs.

Either that, or their big...sense of locating gold. Yeah. That's what I was gonna say.
eek-yellow.gif

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases