The Fifth Sepulcher [IC]

Rayex

First Post
IC thread for The Fifth Sepulcher - A short combat adventure.

Some stuff.

Please chose a color for your character.

All OOC stuff in [sblock] sblocks, including die rolling[/sblock]

Use Invisible Castle for rolling dice.

During combat, please include a statblock in your OOC part, including all the relevant info needed for running a combat. Easier than have to look up 5 different sheets each round.

Rayex

First Post
The Fifth Sepulcher

No sooner had you announced your names to the guards who stood upon the gates of Brynmoor, than you were rushed with all due haste to the castle and told that you would soon be granted audience before the King. Now you wait in the empty throne room.

A royal fanfare sounds from unseen trumpets, and a concealed panel behind the throne slips aside. A man who must be King Daqan steps through it and stands before you. You see a sadness in his eyes that is well masked, but not hidden.

"A forthnight ago a man was killed within the very walls of this castle. And in the days since then one deadly murder after another has been commited, and we have found ourselves helpless to thwart them. We know the undead lie behind these horrendous atrocities, but we do not know how or why. They strike without warning, entering our most secure chambers.
Then, two days ago..."
His voice trails off, and he stands motionless through a tense silence.

"Two days ago, my daughter was kidnapped from her chambers. They have taken her. I know not where I..." His voice breaks, and his face twists in anguish. Then, as quickly as the moment came, it is gone. His voice is that of granite and steel, and his eyes pierce deeply into your own.

"My finest knights fight against the hordes on the frontier, and I fear that there remains none within this city with skill enough to save us from this evil which has descended upon our realm. Will you help us?"

"Will you help me?"

Halford

First Post
Bran steps up and gives a small nod, which might have been intended as a bow. The swarthy desertman speaks in a low silken rumble.

"Your majesty I lost my own family to the restless dead. If it is within my power I will save your daughter."

So saying he steps back. His face is worn and weathered, clearly a man who spends a great deal of time outdoors. A great sadness lurks beneath his tired eyes a muted mirror of the King's own pain.

Jemal

Adventurer
Michelle nods, standing. "Of course my liege. If they come and go as they please, these undead may be spirits. I will help you any way I can." The young woman tries to hide her smile at being able to help, knowing that this is not what most would consider a 'happy' time.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Gerard grew up with out family and now the King, a man ...a human has had his family taken. That is not right!

He steps up and bows deeply to the monarch, "Gerard Hampton, your majesty, at your service" and then stands up, saying nothing more and doing nothing more.

Walking Dad

First Post
Kane gives only a small nod before he starts to speak: "Undeads you say? Can you give some more informations? While I have no religious training, I have some expirience fighting them. I know that bones are best smashed and not cut."

After hearing Michele he adds: "Yes, are these undead are a corproal threat?"

Kane wears his breastplate under the bulky cloak, his guisarme never far away. While his hair lets him look a bit like an albino, his eyes denie this.

Rayex

First Post
Responding to the question, the king nods gravely "I do not know what kinds of undead these are. My advisors have only been able to identify the traces of undeath." he shrugs. "I do believe, however, that they originate from the royal sepulcher beneath the castle."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Responding to the question, the king nods gravely "I do not know what kinds of undead these are. My advisors have only been able to identify the traces of undeath." he shrugs. "I do believe, however, that they originate from the royal sepulcher beneath the castle."

"your highness, what time of the day was she taken?

]ooc[ what time of the day is it now? ]/ooc[

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
"If that is all we know, that is all we know. Haste would seem our greatest ally here my friends, let us be going, swift and sure." Says Bran his hands caressing the hilts of his scimitars lovingly.

Remove ads