Names for Wizard School Student Groups

Silver Moon

Adventurer
I will be launching a new campaign for my daughter and her friends set at a Wizard College and using the excellent "Redhurst Academy of Magic" as a key source. The college will be divided up into the eight schools, each one of the traditional wizard magic categories : Abjuration, Conjuration, Divination, Enchantment, Evocation, Illusion, Necromancy and Transmutation. A key pasttime at the school will be the game/sport Spellfire which is a full-contact version of capture the flag with spell use. I'm looking to have each of the eight magic schools field one to three student teams for this and am looking for some good names for the student teams. For example, a Necromancy school team will be the Deathstalkers. Suggestions would be welcomed.

Last edited:

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
I think the teams should all have really grandiose, Vancian style wizard names. For example:

Abjurers= The Persipacious
Conjurers= The Thaumaturges
Enchanters= The Enscorcellers

Scribble

First Post
Silver Moon said:
I will be launching a new campaign for my daughter and her friends set at a Wizard College and using the excellent "Redhurst Academy of Magic" as a key source. The college will de divided up into the eight schools, each one of the traditional wizard magic categories : Abjuration, Conjuration, Divination, Enchantment, Evocation, Illusion, Necromancy and Transmutation. A key pasttime at the school will be the game/sport Spellfire which is a full-contact version of capture the flag with spell use. I'm looking to have each of the eight magic schools field one to three student teams for this and am looking for some good names for the student teams. For example, a Necromancy school team will be the Deathstalkers. Suggestions would be welcomed.

Bedazelers! Their uniforms will be all sparkly and sold on QVC... :D

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
The Aegis Knights, Bisechen Genies, Jecture Generals, Nammor Stars, Wolkhart Thunderbolts, Ignes Phantoms, Mordant Skullbreakers and Thaumant Chimera.
Sounds like you've had some fun with Redhurst before! Great names, I'll use several of them. More suggestions welcomed if anybody has some!

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
Just remember that in order for a flavor text name to be 4e compatible, it has to be two words smashed into one.

For 1e compatibility, your name reversed will work fine.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases