Charge Action Questions

Charge is listed as a standard action but the text does say "move your speed as part of the charge". If someone chooses to charge do they still have a move action left? If so, any reason that charge can't be combined with the run move action for a net -4 to hit (-5 for run and +1 for charge)?

Tony Vargas

Legend
Yes. You can both move and charge on your turn. Thus you can move into position to have a straight line for your charge, then charge. I suppose, you can charge, then move away from your target (probably granting and OA) - but something about that doesn't sound quite right... maybe I'm just still thinking 3e.

I don't know about running for a move, then charging. I suppose if you can attack after running, you can charge after running. I see no reason why the modifiers wouldn't be cumulative.

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
Exquisite Dead Guy said:
Charge is listed as a standard action but the text does say "move your speed as part of the charge". If someone chooses to charge do they still have a move action left? If so, any reason that charge can't be combined with the run move action for a net -4 to hit (-5 for run and +1 for charge)?

IIRC you can't take any move type actions after a charge.

Yes, you could first Run, then Charge. The -5 to hit penalty seems to have been added in during late play-testing to discourage doing this. Apparently giving out combat advantage was worth it to some people for two more squares of Charge Range and Archery Zoning Potential.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
frankthedm said:
IIRC you can't take any move type actions after a charge.

Unless you spend an action point to do so.

I think a lot of people get tripped up by the fact that the "No actions after a charge" rule is over the page.

-Hyp.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases