Mega Man RPG

Gorilla726

First Post
Hello all. I am currently working on a Mega Man pen and paper RPG, and I was wondering if anyone might be interesting in play testing it when I am finished. It will take 2-3 weeks or so for me to finish, but I would like to find people in advance. Please let me know. You can either post here, or e-mail me at tank123555@email.com Thank you.

Gorilla

Wicht

Hero
Mega Man is a video game character, kinda a bionic hero. He wore blue armor and IIRC had blaster hands.

IIRC there was also a cartoon series about him for a while.

Gorilla726

First Post
Question Answers

To Wicht: I chose Mega Man because my friends and I wanted to work on a new RPG, and they were leaning towards Final Fantasy, but I realized that FF is basically D&D, so I started to work on Mega Man because I like the Mega Man video games, and it can be used to make a fun, basic and entertaining RPG.
I'm not 100% sure what system it will be, but so far I have been basing on the d20 system, but there is no absolutely postive answer to be what system it will end up being. And yes, I'm assuming it will be adaptable to other subjects, as most game are.

To Teflon Billy: Mega Man is a game what Nintendo created, about Humans, Reploids, and Robots in which the hero (being Mega Man or Rockman in Japan) attempts to stop the bad guys (sometimes called Mavericks) from taking over the world.

If you need anymore information, I can let you know. Just post them, or e-mail me. See ya!

Gorilla

guedo79

Explorer
He's a MEGA man

</lurk>

Mega Man is a game that came out on the NES(Nintedo entertainment system) back in the 80's. Also known as Rock Man. He was a robot that was built to fight other robots made by an evil scientist.

He's little.
He's Blue.
He's cool!

Check out this link for a description that makes sense:

http://www.mmhp.net/AboutMM.html

or this one for one that doesn't:

http://www.bobandgeorge.com/

<lurk>

Xarlen

First Post
COOL! MEGAMAN! Woo!

I Loved Megaman as a kid! Rock on!

Hey, Gorilla, will you be designing it like the Megaman X series, or will it be more associated with the origional NES Megaman?

The X series, I think, would offer a little bit more in the regards of feats and special powers. NES didn't have much, except for the dash, really. But X allows for the dash, wall jumps, and the evil robots were much more powerful and cool, IMHO.

Yay! Megaman! I'd love to playtest it, if I could ever get anyone to play it. :D :D :D

Edit: That, and X also had other megaman type people (Zero). I wonder how you'll balance it out, considering how Megaman always got the powers of the robots he knocked off, and how this will balance for a group.

I cannot wait to see what you do for the evil 'bots. Maybe they have Weaknesses (Subtypes?) for certain powers. :)

Edit: Changed person it was directed to.

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
Xarlen said:
Hey, Wicht, will you be designing it like the Megaman X series, or will it be more associated with the origional NES Megaman?

I am not designing it.

This is Gorilla's thread.

Remove ads