Links in old threads to other threads no longer work :(

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
First off, I just want to say the new site looks great and I really appreciate all the hard work Michael et al. put into this. Bravo, well done! :)

One of the things I first noticed was my browser bookmarks no longer work. Not a huge problem because I can just search on the thread's title to find them again on EN World 2.

The real problem is when you go to old threads that link to other old threads, those links no longer work (you get booted back to the home page and get a popup 404 error). This is a little more problematic because some times the underlined link only says something like "this thread".

Is there any way to repair this, or is this just something that has to be lived with? I hope it can be fixed because so much of EN World is links to other threads and individual posts, and we sort of lose some of the institutional history, for lack of a better term off the top of my head.

Regardless, congratulations and thank you again for getting us moved into the new digs. :)

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Well, maybe Michael will set-up a redirect, but in the meantime just add "/forum" in the path right after the domain name and then the link works!

I already went through and edited my story hour links and the links in my sig to do this and correct the issue for me. :)

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Well, maybe Michael will set-up a redirect, but in the meantime just add "/forum" in the path right after the domain name and then the link works!

I already went through and edited my story hour links and the links in my sig to do this and correct the issue for me. :)

AWESOME! :cool:

Many, many thanks! :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases