[sblock=initiative]
Harpies
Sahar
Thedius
Jae
Albrak
Merduj
[/sblock]

Sahar and her mount charge forwards, lance driving into the shoulder of the harpy leader while Thaedius' spell flies wide, striking the building.

Jae moves forward, waiting (im?)patiently for the creatures to enter striking distance.
Meanwhile, Albrak and Merduj lash out with their magics, both striking the harpy on the rooftop, weakening and injuring it.

In response, that harpy dissapears back onto the rooftop while the other swoops down, coming in at Merduj. Jae is ready for her though, and even as she strikes the warlok, she is struck back painfully before she, too, flees to the rooftops, out of sight.
The harpy leader hisses at Sahar and grabs Sally to use as a Shield. As she does so, the haunting song filters down from the rooftops once more.
"Let us have the girl and you can go with your liiiives!" Shrieks the leader.

[sblock=combat]
Need a new set of will-saves for a new harpy singing. To speed things up, here goes:
Will saves vs DC17 Harpy Singing: Sahar, Thaedius, Jae, Albrak, Merduj (1d20+5=21, 1d20+5=10, 1d20+8=13, 1d20+5=6, 1d20+3=20) Ouch.
Sahar and Merduj make it, the rest of you are captivated and unable to act unless Sahar countersong's again.
Halford - You don't have listed saves on your character sheet, so I had to guestimate. Please update your sheet to include saves.
Also, on second thought I probly should've asked you guys to include save bonuses in your Combat Stats anyways. :) *innocent whistle* ah well, minor oversight.

Harpy # 1 is using Sally for cover. +4 AC, and if you miss b/c of those 4 you hit Sally, so you may want to hold back on power attacks. ;)
Harpies 2 and 3 are out of sight on top of the building.

Code:
XX.1..XX
XX.s..XX
XXSS..XX
XXSS..XX
XX....XX
XX....XX
XX....XX32
XX....XXXXXXXX
...SSM...J.....
...SST....A...W.
X1....XXXXXXXX
.=empty 5' square X=Building Wall 1=Harpy leader 2,3=Harpies s = Sally
S=Sahar T=Thadeius J=Jae M=Merduj A=Albrak W=William
*Keep in mind that mounted, Sahar fills the space of a large creature(the horse) You cannot see harpies three or two.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Sands of the world, hear my call! Consolidate, harden! Take the shape of the Fist that Smites Enemies!" Merduj conjures, as a hand of solid sand rises behind the harpy holding the child.

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
Two things:
A: PLEASE include combat stats in your posts. (current/max hp, AC, Saves, immunities/resistances that may apply)
B: When casting a spell/etc, please include somewhere (an ooc sblock for example) WHAT you're doing for those of us *cough*DM*cough* who don't know what power you're using.[/sblock]

geogator

First Post
Sahar shifts in her saddle and glares at the foul thing through her veil. "The girl comes with me. I will bleed you out at the point of my lance then shatter your skull with a hammer of pure vengeance if you do not release her now!" The challenge rings out in the empty streets just as she brings the point of the lance back down on the creature.

(OOC: first off, sorry I have not been able to post due to a horrid connection with enworld. AC:21 HP:22/16 Actions are Knights Challenge: +1 will, +1 to attack/damage against one foe until end of combat or until it fles/dies (swift action), Attack: 20 vs AC for 10 damage. Only one use of Bard's Song per day... sorry!)

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock=OOC] I'm using earthen grasp. And even if I try a third time, it wont let me edit my post to add the crunchies, so take a look at the last post, and discout the hp lost. This sites gives me a pain in the *** I cant describe. [/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
As the majority of their companions are fascinated by the singing harpy, moving to the building, Sahar strikes out at the leader holding the child hostage. Fortunately for both knight and child, her aim is true as she drives the lance into the harpy's shoulder, and watches curiously as a hand of sand rises behind the leader.

With a screech, the leader drops Sally and flings herself at Sahar.
One of the harpies from the rooftop also flings herself down, though the knight manages to fend off her attack with a well-placed shield.

[sblock=combat]
H1 club/club/claw/claw vs Sahar (1d20+9=15, 1d20+4=7, 1d20+4=12, 1d20+4=5, 1d6+2=8, 1d6+2=3, 1d3+1=2, 1d3+1=4)
H2 charges Sahar (1d20+9=19, 1d6=4) None hit.

Since everyone else is captivated, I guess we'll continue just with you two for now. Voda, whatever that hand's gonna do it better do it soon ;)
EDIT: Earthen Grasp it is. Sorry to hear bout the ENWorldtroubles. I don't think the arm gets to attack immediately, so it can start grappling on your next action.

Harpy Conditions:
H1: 23 H2: 10 H3:10 (-8 str, singing)

Code:
XX....XX
XX.E..XX
XX.1s.XX
XXSS..XX
XXSS..XX
XX..2.XX
XX....XX
XX....XX3
XX...WXXXXXXXX
.....M.TAJ.....
X1....XXXXXXXX
.=empty 5' square X=Building Wall 1=Harpy leader 2,3=Harpies s=Sally E=Earthen Grasp
*Keep in mind that mounted, Sahar fills the space of a large creature(the horse) You cannot see harpies three or two. [/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
AC 18 HP 25/33 Saves: 4 - 4 - 3

Marduj commands the hand to attack the harpy. The sand hand moves with smashing preciseness, and with crushing strength.

Hand Attack: 24
Damage: 5

Meanwhile, Merduj calls upon the powers of his ancestors again, summoning an eldrich spear. "My voice commands the sand and the scorching sun of the desert, feel the sting of the blazing sands again fiend!"

geogator

First Post
AC 21 HP 22/16 Saves:3,4,5

Sahar's smiles as she knows she has infected the mind of her worthless enemy. She quickly lets the lance rattle to the ground as she hefts the warhammer from her belt. "Jasper NOW!" The powerful warhorse wheels on the harpy and hammers home two solid hoof slams into the beasts chest before shifting to Sahar's weapon side so she can follow through.

(OOC: Sahar drops her lance, move action to ready her warahammer, Attack, Jasper Full Attack. Results, 25 vs ac for 8 damage, 25 vs ac for 10 damage, 12 vs AC (I image that misses), 20 vs ac for 8 Damage.)

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=Initiative Cycle]
Sahar
Thedius
Jae*
Albrak
Merduj
William*
Harpies
*=Captivated
[/sblock]

Sahar's powerful warhorse Jasper kicks the harpy square in the chest, sending it crashing to the ground several feet away, motionless.

Thaedius meanwhile has followed the crowd, and taps the nearest of them (Albrak) on the shoulder, freeing him from the harpies singing.

Albrak looks around for a moment, dizzy as he regains his bearings while Mardum sends a searing lance of sunlight to stab at the harpy still in the streets, as his sand-hand crushes down on the motionless harpy, ensuring that it's not going anywhere.

The harpy remaining on the street wails on the knight, though barely manages to scratch her.

[sblock=OOC/Combat]
Apologies Halford, I sometimes forget stuff like this, which is why I ask for combat stats in posts.
Voda: Just a note, but your attack was only accidentally correct. Your attack bonus and damage for eldritch blast are including your Point Blank Shot feat, and you were not within 30' of the harpy leader. Fortunately though, you ended up attacking H2 (who WAS within 30') b/c the leader died, and so got the +1 atk/damage. You also forgot the -4 for firing into melee (You do not have Precise Shot), though subtracting that 4 gets AC 21, which still hits.
It didn't matter this round, but keep circumstantial modifiers in mind in the future.

club/club/claw/claw vs Sahar (1d20+7=20, 1d20+2=11, 1d20+2=14, 1d20+2=21, 1d6=2, 1d6=4, 1d3=1, 1d3=3) one claw hits for 3 damage to Sahar.
Harpy Conditions:
H1: Dead H2: 20 H3:10 (-8 str, singing)

Code:
XX....XX
XX.E..XX
XX..s.XX
XXSS..XX
XXSS2.XX
XX....XX
XX....XX
XX....XX3
XX...WXXXXXXXX
.....M.TAJ.....
X1....XXXXXXXX
.=empty 5' square X=Building Wall 1=Harpy leader 2,3=Harpies s=Sally E=Earthen Grasp
*Keep in mind that mounted, Sahar fills the space of a large creature(the horse) You cannot see harpies three or two.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases