Rebuilding the World chapter 1: Recovery

metaldragon0

First Post
(7)

Hearing the scream, Albrak runs (80ft full run) toward the corner, but is not able to reach it yet, and he watches Sahar reach and turn the corner. He wonders if she sees what is going on or not.

Edit: erg...that's what I get for not reading properly

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Sahar's countersong serves to protect you from the Harpies, but as she pauses for a breath, you realize that the other singing has also stopped. The deathly quite is broken suddenly by the sound of a young woman screaming. It comes from just around the next street corner.

*OOC*This is why I moved on without waiting for will saves from everbody. The countersong countered the harpies song, and then they stopped singing.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Merduj Jahdam

The desert man was sleeping in the lobby, behind the barman bar. When all the action developed his dreams were over. The noise the door made woke him up.
Not knowing what to do, Merduj step up, and approaches the door. He opened it slightly and took a look.
The other people with which he was living for the past days after the cataclysms, were walking away. The desert man didn't want to stand alone in this new world. Despite the fact, that he didn't even speak more than two words with each of them, they were, as long as he knew, the only civilized people he could count with.
Merduj grabbed his gear, donned his armor and took his falichon.
Hasty, he went outside the building, and heard the music. But his mind evaded the enchantment, just in the moment that a loud scream filled the air. He saw the group moving towards the street corner. He started running, falichon in hand, to reach the location of his "friends". Unluckily, his head was still buzzing from the harpy song, and didn't react quite fast.

serow

First Post
Jae wasn't feeling rather happy today. First the missing girl, then the need to travel three long days just because the wizard thinks he's found something important, and now harpies. "What is this, harpies already? First the rock, then the cows, and now singing birds? What next, flying sorcerous fish in the tower of infinite mirrors?"

Drawing his morningstar and shield, Jae watches as the party races forward to try and engage the harpy. He shakes his head, already feeling the weight of his armour on him slowing him down, and races forward too, trying to keep up with the rest.

Initiative 10

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=initiative]
Harpies 19
Sahar 15
Thaedius 11
Jae 10
Albrak 7
Merduj 5
[/sblock]

Sahar rushes forwards, followed quickly by her companions, though they don't all make it (William huffing to keep up). A short ways up the street are three wretched looking, winged 'women' surrounding and tormenting Sally. As Sahar rounds the corner, the center one turns and points at her, it's shrill voice cutting through the air like rusty nails. "THERE!! I told you I heard it. Kill them!!" With that, they hurl themselves forwards, two assaulting the mounted knight, one of them planting a solid blow on her shield arm that causes a grimace of pain while the third rushes Merduj, claws raking across his shoulder as it swoops past.

[sblock=ooc] Still no response from Outlaw or Albedo. I think Albedo's gone from the boards.. any news on Outlaw? I'll keep him out of the combat until he shows up.
Also, a couple notes: When you move, please indicate how far (number of feet) or a specific place (into melee with Y). Also, when rolling on invisible castle, include what the roll is for in the supplied 'Notes' box. Example: when I see
Initiative (1d20+3=8) it's easier to understand what it is than
Third : Please include current/max HP and AC in combat posts.
Thnx to those of you who are allready doing these things, and thanks in advance to the rest for listening to my eccentricities. :)

Well, the harpies won initiative so they got to go first in the next round after you reach the corner, and now you all get to go (don't worry about posting in order of each other, if your action is somehow invalidated by someone who goes sooner but posts later, feel free to change it.)
[/sblock]
[sblock= combat]
Code:
XX.1..XX
XX.s..XX
XX....XX
XX....XX
XX....XX
XX....XX
XX....XX
X2....3XXXXXXX
...SSM...J.....
...SST....A...W.
X1....XXXXXXXX
.=empty 5' square X=Building Wall 1=Harpy leader 2,3=Harpies s = Sally
S=Sahar T=Thadeius J=Jae M=Merduj A=Albrak W=William
*Keep in mind that mounted, Sahar fills the space of a large creature(the horse)
3 Flyby Attacks. (1d20+7=9, 1d20+7=27, 1d20+7=21, 1d6=3, 1d6=6, 1d6=4) Confirm (1d20+7=22)
one hit on Sahar for 6(no confirm), one hit on Merduj for 4.
*Also of note, these flyby's did not provoke. (Improved Flyby Attack feat)
#1 is behind the terrified and unmoving Sally, 2 and 3 are each 20' up, perched on the corners of buildings.
Your turns.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

geogator

First Post
Sahar looks down the street at the helpless girl and then back at her compatriots. "I can't do anything about the cowards on the roof. But, I can save Sally." With that she sets her heels in Jaspers flank and tilts on the harpy at the end of the street. Jasper lurches forward as they charge the retched beast. You can nearly see the joy in the stallions eyes as he finally gets to run.

(AC:21 HP:22/16 Charge to space in front of sally, Lance has reach, Single attack 1d20+9=20, Damage 2d8+6=13)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Ac: 18 hp: 29/33

Been hit by the harpy claws, Merduj curses the bird abomination in a tong unknown to the others. But his next words where understandable, but full of ascents. "Beast! You will die by my hand. Ancestors give me the resolve! Give me the power to command the Blazing sands!" After his words, the eldrich energies surround the desert nomad, and from his hand, a blast of sand color energy crossed the air to hit the harpy. The blast dispersed in sand-like sparks.

Attack (15+7= 22)
Damage (10)

serow

First Post
Jae Jharin, HP 34/34, AC 22

"Grah, flyers, scavengers, damn cursed ugly wenches! Come on down here, Pelor's got something to say about them faces of yours!" curses Jae at the flying duo, as he moves up to Merduj, weapon and shield ready to land a blow at the flying enemies.

[sblock=OOC]Move, then ready action to attack first harpy that enters melee range,
Attack (1d20+6=22) Damage (1d8+3=10)
[/sblock]

metaldragon0

First Post
Albrak Jonasar HP: 27/27 AC: 18

As Sahar turned the corner, a loud shrill voice filled the air. The harpies much be right down that street. Albrak saw too of them fly past and attack his friends.

"You won't get away with that!"

Albrak speaks the arcane words and performs the arcane gestures.

"Here, taste this!"

A beam of energy bursts forth from his outstretched fingers.

Spell: Ray of Enfeeblement on harpy 3: 1d20+5=15

Strength Penalty: 1d6+2=8

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases