Rebuilding the World chapter 1: Recovery

geogator

First Post
"Sally may ride on Jasper. I can walk. It will be safe for her as I lead him." The knight slips off her mount and picks up her lance. She affixes it to the saddle and offers to help the girl onto the mount. "He wont hurt you any Madam Sally. He knows you now well enough." Sahar looks at Thadeius and nods. "Sounds like an astute observation. Anything beats hiding like rats in a cave."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Indeed" Merdujs agrees. "Me people were not ment to be inside. I'm to live warmed by the sun, and the rejoicing the light of a clear sky. If the blazing sands I command can consume an evil monster in the process, much better."

Jemal

Adventurer
"Make no mistake, the clear areas out there are even more treacherous than the city limits. Out there lie the things that we've only dreamt of in our worst nightmares. Things that would literally eat these harpies for breakfast." William waves a hand at the two bodies. "But yes, if we can make it there we will be much safer than we ever could be here. And at the very least we'll have the knowlege that we're DOING something, eh?" he chuckles as you help Sally onto the horse. Her face is dirty and streaked with tears and she hasn't spoken yet, but she seems to be allright, if a little disturbed.

[sblock=ooc/options]
If you spend a while around town, you can return to the inn you were staying at and gather enough horses that you can all ride. Otherwise there's just the ones you guys had on your sheets (Which I believe is just Sahar's).

William's effective over-land walking speed is 20, and Sally's in no condition for long walks(at least not today).
If you do stay in town long enough to gather horses, there's a good chance that something else will find and attack you before you're out.
So, the choice is - leave right away, or gather mounts to speed your journey?
[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
Thadeius blushes and coughs something inaudible at Sahar dropping his wand and hurridly retrieving it. He turns away and stares up at the sky seeming to recover himself.

"Well, I suggest if we are to travel for any kind of goodly distance we would be well served securing additional mounts from the Inn."

The young wizard moves over to the side of the horse opposite to Sahar and begins to tell Sally a story about his first outing with the thieves guild. While his master talks, at length as usual, Jiffy hops up and attempt6s to cuddle up to Sally.

"So then One Eared Merv took this hook and tried to skewer me, just because his overlarge posterior happened to be within the optimum position for my color spray spell - which took ou two guard dogs I'll have you know! But luckily for your's truly Jiffy bit him in a sensitive area, his big toe, just as he was abot to strike and..."

OOC: Essentially Thadeius and Jiffy are trying to calm Sally down in their own way.

geogator

First Post
Sahar looks at the old man with a nod. The chain veils rattles and rings as she looks around the street. "This is the end of the world. I am sure each of us has trinket of the life we lived before back in our cave. I for one, am sincerely attached to the silk and down of the bedroll my father had his servants make for me." She smiles at a private thought."In addition the horses and food there may aid us significantly. I suggest we hurry ourselves to gather our belongings and provisions and break for the tower. It is yet to be even mid day. If we could leave by the time the sun has reached peak we will do well to leave the city." She looks around again cautiously. "If we are to debate on this at least we should do so while moving." She starts to lead Jasper down the street at a walk while keeping her warhammer at the ready.

metaldragon0

First Post
Albrak listens carefully to the words of his companions. Definitely, the tower that William describes would be a far superior place to hold up in.

"I agree with both of you, finding some more horses would definitely make the trip to the tower easier, let's get right to it."

Jemal

Adventurer
The group returns to their Inn, gathering what possessions and supplies they'd managed to keep, as well as those few horses they'd been able to spare. As you are leading them out onto the street, you hear a growling shuffling sound approaching. Around the corner, following your scent, come several large bestial dogs, mutations on the more friendly variant that used to frequent these parts. with a Gasp, William grabs Sally and ducks back through the doorway.

[sblock=ooc]
In addition to Sahar's horse, there are 2 heavy horses, 3 light horses, and 2ponies in the stable. All are at half-HP and -2 str/dex/con due to harsh conditions, and will NOT enter combat.
*TIME: This is about a half hour later.*
Please roll Initiative. If you beat the Dogs Init (1d20+2=20), then declare actions. I will update once all Initiatives are posted.
Code:
..X
..XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
....3...........AX..
...5.2........STJI..
..4.1...........MX..
..XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
..X
X=Wall, .=5'square, I=Doorway to Stable, 1-5=Dog-beasts
S=Sahar T=Thadeius J=Jae M=Merduj A=Albrak
*Sally/William are inside the Stable for now*
[/sblock]

geogator

First Post
AC 23 HP 22/13 Saves:3,4,5

(Initiative 18)

Sahar looks down the street with a feint worried look as she readies her shield and hammer. "Stay behind me and don't let them get to the flanks. The beasts look feral and hungry."

(ooc: Attack the first dog to enter a threatened square. Bulwark of Defense will come into effect after they enter my threatening zone.)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases