[The Dark Knight] IGN Review - No Spoilers

TheLe

First Post
Quite promising:
http://movies.ign.com/articles/884/884876p1.html

Snippit:
"It isn't an overstatement to call The Dark Knight the most sophisticated and ambitious work of its kind. Superior to all three Spider-Man installments and even its amazing predecessor in terms of conceptualization, writing, acting, and direction, Nolan's follow-up to Batman Begins is a dark, complex and disturbing film, not the least of which because it grafts its heroics onto the blueprint of actual reality rather than that of spandex-clad supermen."

~Le

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
As much as I enjoyed Iron Man, I think I am going to like this even more. I hope it is rewarded at the box office for its efforts.

Blastin

First Post
good lord...if the movie even comes close to the level of excellence that this and other articles imply it will be amazing. I really can't wait.

TheLe

First Post
good lord...if the movie even comes close to the level of excellence that this and other articles imply it will be amazing. I really can't wait.

Be careful. Over-hype can ruin your experience.

Case in point: Spider-man the movie. It wasn't nearly as good as everyone claimed it to be.

Grymar

Explorer
Be careful. Over-hype can ruin your experience.

Case in point: Spider-man the movie. It wasn't nearly as good as everyone claimed it to be.

In its day it was an excellent superhero/comic book movie. Certainly better than any that came before in making an honestly good movie that appealed to more than just the comic book geek crowd.

But I do totally agree that over-hype can ruin a movie. No question.

dravot

First Post
For me, the most over-hyped movie I ever saw was Little Miss Sunshine. Great movie, loved it a lot, but the hype over it far exceeded what the movie could deliver.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
But I do totally agree that over-hype can ruin a movie.

What are you talking about? This movie is going to be the best bestest thing ever! It will be better than sex! Or the Baby Jesus! And we should totally keep telling ourselves (and everyone around us) that until the movie comes out.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases