Azor Grimcleaver's Pathfinder Chronicles - Chapter 1

jkason

First Post
Saktouk, half-orc monk (HP 12, AC 15, Deflect Arrows)

Once the first screams rang out, it didn't take too long for the square to clear out. The dogs head hurtling through the air, spraying blood as it went, didn't help, either.

Saktouk looks around for the constable who spoke before, since it suddenly occurs to him that, while he knows his Shoanti clan would kill the goblins, he's not certain what this city's laws might say.

Regardless, the monsters needed to be contained. The half-orc runs to the closest beast and tries to knock it out before it can cause any further mischief.

[sblock=OOC]Moving to E11 and taking an unarmed attack vs the Goblin there: Attack; Damage vs. Goblin D11 (1d20+3=12, 1d6+3=5)

I don't think that hits, but if it does, Saktouk's going to do nonlethal damage with his unarmed attack. Since, as stated above, he's unfamiliar with city laws and he's got enough glares from the townsfolk as it is. ;) [/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Wha...the...don't RUN!" Mellisande complains in dismay as the crowd vanishes.

Seeing that she's sort of on her own against several of the beasts, she gives them a sort of apologetic 'oops' grin, and quickly casts a spell with a swoop of her hand. For a moment something seems to warp the air in a circle in front of her...then it's gone.

Mellisande plants her fists on her hips and laughs heartily.

"Hah! You should never have given me a chance to cast my Sovereign Aegis! Now it's too late!"

Bialaska

First Post
Aiyana, the Shoanti, looks quickly around in hopes of finding something she can use as an improvised weapon. Being weaponless against these foes is definitely not a good idea and there appears to be very little plants in the area, preventing her from using one of her more useful spells that Gozreh has granted to her. As she does this search she tries to appear as non-intimidating as possible, hoping/expecting that the goblins go after more obvious threats.

Walking Dad

First Post
Sivan unbounds and readies his glaive. He rips away the colorful decorations on the weapons head and the safeguard around the blade. Occupied by readying himself, he has half of an eye on his 'warden'.

[sblock=ooc]
Readying weapon (full-round action). If Chaine moves, Sivan takes a 5 ft step in the same direction.

HP: 13 / 13

AC: 16 Touch: 10 Flat-footed: 16
Fort: +4
Reflex: +0
Will: +1

Perception: +0
Initiative: +0

Basic Attack: Glaive +3 1d10+4 20x3
[/sblock]

Last edited:

The Rolling Man

First Post
Arahmid, half-orc rogue

Arahmid hides under the podium (Q9 or behind it -- S9 -- if he can't go under it; stealth +5) at the first sign of trouble. He then surveys the situation while drawing a sharp dagger hidden in his boot.

With several goblins appearing in the cathedral square and their chant filling the air, it seems obvious that a great number of the little creatures have entered the town. Arahmid likes Sandpoint well enought and the idea that the little devils would sack the place doesn't sit well with him. Most people have fled the square but a few strangers seem ready to engage the goblins. There is strength in numbers, Arahmid thinks. For now however, he stays hidden, ready to spring out at the right moment.

nonamazing

Explorer
Chaine grins at the gnome's impromptu warcry. "I'm right behind you, my small friend!"

As he looks across the open square and spies the half-dozen goblins coming out of the woodwork, he mutters to himself, "Goblins...goblins...what do I know about goblins?"

"Oh, yes! I think I have just the trick up my sleeve!" Chaine immediately begins casting, a wicked grin on his face. "Wait 'til those goblins get a load of this!"

[SBLOCK=OOC]Chain is using a full-round action to cast Summon Monster I for a celestial dog. The dog will appear at the beginning of the next round and will last for two rounds, acting in round 2 and 3, disappearing at the end of round 3 (thanks to Chaine's tattoo that gives him a +1 caster level to conjuration spells). The dog has the effect of Augment Summoning, which gives it a +4 to Strength and a +4 to Constitution. Chaine has a 30 foot range with the spell, so he will try and make the dog appear as close as possible to the goblin closest to Sivan, and if possible, behind that goblin.

Note that if Chaine is injured before the spell is completed, he'll need to make a Spellcraft check (he has a +7) to keep the spell.

Chaine's important info: AC=12 HP=6 F/W/R=+0/+2/+2

Celestial dog's important info: Name=Goblinchewer AC=15 HP=8 Attack=Bite +4 melee Damage=1d4+3 F/W/R=+6/+5/+1 Special=Smite Evil (+1 extra point of damage)[/SBLOCK]

Chaine begins muttering his incantation, and soon a swirl of sparkles ignites in the middle of the square. A shimmering form of a dog appears.

Saktouk moves up to the corner of the building to attack a goblin, but the little runt is too focused on jumping around trying to put out the fire on its foot that started when he decided it would be neat to run through a grill pit to get a kabob.

Mellisande's infectious laughter echoes around the square, drowning out the retreating screams of the townsfolk, at least for a bit.

Aiyana, momentarily mesmerized by the shimmering dog appearing out of nowhere, starts awake at the sight of two goblins leaping up onto a table near her to grab as much food as they can stuff in their gaping maws.

Arahmid scrambles under the stage with the podium, trying to assess everything going on around him.

Sivan, muttering a prayer to Shelyn, unbinds his polearm, gripping the glaive with both hands tightly.

The goblin that killed the dog and tossed its head at the stage follows it toward the stage, but screeches to a halt, frozen in fear at the shimmering dog that appears not far from it.

Attachments

• Ch1_Goblin_Battle1_rnd2.JPG
    Ch1_Goblin_Battle1_rnd2.JPG
    701.6 KB · Views: 207

jkason

First Post
Saktouk, half-orc monk (AC 15, 12 HP, deflect arrows)

Saktouk moves up to the corner of the building to attack a goblin, but the little runt is too focused on jumping around trying to put out the fire on its foot that started when he decided it would be neat to run through a grill pit to get a kabob.

Saktouk let's his frustration get the better of him. While his blows fly at an impressive speed, they connect with nothing but thin air.

"Would you just ... hold ... still!"

[sblock=OOC]Ugh. My rolls are just pitiful: Flurry; damage vs. Goblin 2 (1d20+1=3, 1d6+3=4, 1d20+1=3, 1d6+3=4)[/sblock]

Bialaska

First Post
Possessing no weapons, no offensive spells and not near her beloved companion, the Shoanti tries to slink away from the scene of battle without drawing too much attention to herself.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases