Wiki Wiki Wiki

Michael Morris

First Post
I'm really excited about this now that I got it working. It marks the completion of the major feature rollout for the start of ENWorld 2. Now I can take a rest before moving to the next feature.

[Edit by Morrus - yep, we know about the cookie deletion bug. When you first visit, it deletes your EN World cookies and logs you out. Simply log straight back in and you'll be fine. We'll fix that ASAP.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonny Nexus

First Post
Are there rules or an etiquette about mentioning yourself, as there are on wikipedia?

i.e. If I created a Magnum Opus page, a Jonny Nexus page, a Critical Miss page, and a Game Night page, would that a good thing, a bad thing, or a ban-able thing?

I'm not sure I'd do it anyway, because even if it's allowed it seems a little icky somehow, but I thought I'd ask and see what people thought.

Yeah I had some cookie consumption, twice EDIT: about 7 times now!, as well.
But I managed to get onto to the wiki and did the release programme page as a trial. Seems easy enough I went to the MediaWiki ermm Wiki and it told me how to do a table. Quite a usefull Guide and FAQ there dor Wiki newbs (such as myself)
But the cookie thing is still going on, it seems when you first hit Wiki it removes your cookies and the second time you hit the same link you go there. Weird.
Oh and it kept logging me out EDIT: probably because of my deleted cookie' d'oh so all my hard work is under my IP rather than M1.9P:)

Destil

Explorer
I'm wondering how this will work with categories / namespaces? Has any thought been put into that?

If I build a 4E psychic conversion, do I have to 'fight' for the Psychic Warrior link with house rules for 3E? Do we turn all of the common names into hub pages? What if someone else wants to take the class in a different direction? Do we end up with /PsychicWarrior4E~Destil and /PsychicWarrior4E~PirateCat

I love the idea of a wiki for fan content (though I'm not crazy about discussion pages and I think just linking those back to the forum is preferable), but we're going to need some community standards before I really put a lot of effort into getting stuff there...

... and speaking of getting stuff there, I have two Media Wikis for various house rules/d20 offshoots I've messed around with. Is the import feature functional?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases