[Eberron, 4e] drothgery's Keep on the Shadowfell

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"I think with my families connections, I should be the one who does the talking with Lord Padraig. We obviously have soem common ground." Dalaran says this while walking over to Khoros, obviously slightly drunk after a half glass of wine.

Zweischneid

First Post
Khoros roars with laughter.
"A Karnath Lord feeling kinship with a bookish Breland noble. That would be an unusual thing indeed. But you are welcome to try Dalaran. Just remember that all citizens of Karnath serve in the military and honor martial prowess very highly.

Lord Padraig, ruler of a frontier town, is not likely to differ."

Turning back to Salvana Wrafton, the Half-orc inquires
"How would one obtain an audience with the Lord.. as a fellow noble from the Five Nations, a member of a Dragonmarked House, or simply as group of professionals offering information and a range of special services?"

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Dalaran looks slightly crestfallen and aghast at the concept that the nobility is as rough and tumble as the rest of the people. He wisely avoids his inner urge to say something very stupid.

drothgery

First Post
"At this point, I think Lord Padraig would even welcome an archbishop of the Flame with a company of Thrane templars if they promised to do something about the kobolds." Salvana says.

Bialaska

First Post
As the others speak to the innkeeper, Delia is working hard to earn her meal and room for the night. She's juggling and generally trying to be fun and entertaining.

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Atanatotatos, Jemal, Rayex, are you guys still around?

Salvana eventually brings a meal over to Delia, and a few hours later the patrons began to trickle out, and not long after that no one was left but the adventurerers and other guests, who called it a night.

A few quick quesetions gave directions to the manor house the following morning (after the morning meal), though it was pretty clear which building it was. Lord Padraig's castellan showed the adventurers to the manor's study when they explained what they were here for.

A few minutes later, the lord of the manor arrived.

Zweischneid

First Post
The Half-orc rises to greet the Lord, making sure the emplem of his House is in good display.

[sblock=OOC]
Rayex supposedly is on extended vacation from what I read here during some confusion in his own game(s).

The others, I'm not sure.
[/sblock]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Dalaran fails to notice the Lord entering the room. He continues looking at an unusual emblem he saw on one of the decorations, muttering inaudibly to himeself. Seeing Khoros moving, he overreacts, standing up straight overly fast, clearly flustered.

[sblock=ooc]Atataatatananananatos is a player in my Forgehold game, we've been in a lull, but he hasn't posted lately.[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
"Please sit down." Lord Padraig said. After the adventurers tell him what they're here about, he says...

You've encountered the kobolds that have turned the old King's Road and our outlying farms into their personal hunting grounds? Those beasts vex me sorely. Yet the villagers refuse to recognize the seriousness of the problem. Attacks along the road have grown more frequent over the last few months. Something's stirring the kobolds up. I don't suppose you would be interesting in taking a commisssion from me? I promise you, I can pay well for your services.

He says.

Remove ads