[Eberron, 4e] drothgery's Keep on the Shadowfell

drothgery

First Post
quickly: Titan misses, Darren's first attack misses (so the mostly-dead kobold is still slightly alive), Darren's second attack hits, and the kobold is bloodied so the second attack and shift don't happen. I'll wait for at least most of the round 2 actions before posting with more flavor text and an updated map.

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Annoyed at her miss with the bow, Siranina decides to turn to her faith; she turns towards the kobold direclty south of her, and sends forth a bolt of coruscating silver energy.

[sblock=ooc]
Lance of Faith at K3: 15 vs Reflex.
Damage if hit: an amazing 4 (Thats including a +3 modifier. Yay)

Info:
HP: 25/25
Defenses:
Ac 16, Fort 11, Ref 13, Will 15
[/sblock]

Zweischneid

First Post
Khoros Round 2 Actions

As the melee with the two Kobold swordsman turns into a bedlam of blades, blood and shards of arcane forces, Khoros continues to cut into the fray with vicious, but unprecise attacks.

[sblock=OOC]
In assuming that K1 is well dead by the time it is my turn, I'd do the following.

(minor action)
Hunter Quarry K2

(standard action)
Twin Strike vs. K2 (HQ) again on the final attack with the pick.

(move action)
Shift to M17 for (hopefully) some cover against the slinger.

If K1 is still alive, I attack him instead (ignore Quarry and Shift). Ultimately the bad rolls mean it likely doesn't make a difference either way,...

Khoros attacks Kobold 2 with Twin Strike (HQ on second attack) (1d20+5=7, 1d10=1, 1d20+5=14, 1d8=4, 1d6=5)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Darren glances over at Khoros "Lets be finished with the vermin quickly!" He says, stabbing wildly at Khoros' oppenent before suddenly dashing to the side, sweeping his blade across both targets then drawing his shield. (Passing attack MISS; Cleave HITs) And with that the badly-injured kobold swordsman finally falls.

[sblock=ooc]
Passing Attack. (1d20+8=12, 1d20+12=29, 1d8+6=13, 1d8+6=8) (Encounter power). fFirst target is K1(12 vs AC; 13 damage), *EDIT: Misses, so shift/second attack don't go off*.
Cleave (1d20+8=21, 1d8+6=8)
spend Action point and use it to Cleave(K1: 21 vs AC; 8 damage, if that hits, K2 also takes 4 damage.) then move action to shift to the right one square, and After my attacks, I draw my shield (I think it's the same as drawing a weapon(Minor)? It doesn't specify in the book.)
*K2 is still my mark, btw.*[/sblock]
[sblock=statblock]
HP: 29/29 AC: 17(19 w/shield) FORT: 16 REF: 11(13 w/shield) WILL: 12
Init: +1 Speed: 5
Powers Used: Passing Attack(Encounter)
[/sblock]

Titan walks to the kobold on his side and attacks him with his heavy hammer, but misses again. He puts anyway his whole body as a wall between the creature and his companions.

[sblock=OOC] Titan attacks and marks K4, but i rolled another 2 :hmm: [/sblock]

Round 2

Round 1

Initiative order
Dalaran 24
Khoros 20
Siranina 16
Delia 15
Kobold spearmen (K3-K7) 14
Kobold slinger (K8) 12
Kobold swordsman (K2) 11
Darren 10*
Titan 3

attachment.php

OOC: Dalaran cannot target K1, since he's dead. So I'll need a new action.

Attachments

• scene1-3.jpg
    scene1-3.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 180

drothgery

First Post
Round 2

Initiative order
Dalaran 24
Khoros 20
Siranina 16
Delia 15
Kobold spearmen (K3-K7) 14
Kobold slinger (K8) 12
Kobold swordsman (K2) 11
Darren 10*
Titan 3

Dalaran tries to distract the Slinger, but his illusory foes are just not believable (MISS).
[sblock=ooc]
Illusionary Ambush vs. Will -2 attacks (1d20 4=11, 1d6 4=10)[/sblock]

As the melee with the two Kobold swordsman turns into a bedlam of blades, blood and shards of arcane forces, Khoros continues to cut into the fray with vicious, but unprecise attacks. (both attacks MISS)

[sblock=OOC]
In assuming that K1 is well dead by the time it is my turn, I'd do the following.

(minor action)
Hunter Quarry K2

(standard action)
Twin Strike vs. K2 (HQ) again on the final attack with the pick.

(move action)
Shift to M17 for (hopefully) some cover against the slinger.

If K1 is still alive, I attack him instead (ignore Quarry and Shift). Ultimately the bad rolls mean it likely doesn't make a difference either way,...

Khoros attacks Kobold 2 with Twin Strike (HQ on second attack) (1d20+5=7, 1d10=1, 1d20+5=14, 1d8=4, 1d6=5)
[/sblock]

Annoyed at her miss with the bow, Siranina decides to turn to her faith; she turns towards the kobold direclty south of her, and sends forth a bolt of coruscating silver energy. (HIT) The kobold spearman collapses as the bolt strikes him. (K3 DEAD)

[sblock=ooc]
Lance of Faith at K3: 15 vs Reflex.
Damage if hit: an amazing 4 (Thats including a +3 modifier. Yay)

Info:
HP: 25/25
Defenses:
Ac 16, Fort 11, Ref 13, Will 15
[/sblock]

Now in a position that Delia favors, she swiftly makes some moves to distract her opponent a bit, before she quickly tries to slip her dagger into another of it's weak spots. (I'm going to assume she attacks K2 instead, K1 being dead; HIT) The remaining kobold swodsman staggers, barely keeping his feet.

[SBLOCK=Combat]Sly Flourish (with sneak attack) (1d20 10=26, 1d4 2d8 7=17) on K1[/SBLOCK]

The kobold spearman facing Titan (K4) ineffectually stabs at the warforged's armor, while another innaccurate javelin is tossed at Siranina (from K7).

The slinger fires another special creation at Siranina, and a pot of some sticky substance lands on top of the javelin that had missed her as well.

Trying to make a last stand, the kobold swordsman stabs at Darren and seemed lucky to connect, but did so in a way that made dodging quite ackward; the dragonborn thought he might have pulled something. (just barely HIT for 9 dmg)

attachment.php

Attachments

• scene1-4.jpg
    scene1-4.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Titan swings again his hammer at the kobold, and though he can't land a really solid hit, the skull of the Kobold is shaken, and Titan takes the chance of the distraction and pushes away the kobold with his shield.

OOC:Tide of Iron 22 vs AC, 7 dmg+ 1 square push. combat challenge.

Jemal

Adventurer
With a small wince of pain, Darren returns the strike, stabbing with precision.

[sblock=ooc]
Sure Strike (1d20+10=27, 1d8+5=7). If it drops him, Darren Moves straight towards the rock the other two are hiding behind. (Should arrive in square K13) If the rock gives only Cover, and not Superior Cover, I use my minor action for dragons breath on both K7 and K8.
Dragons Breath (1d20+4=20, 1d6+2=3)
DragonsBreath (Kobold 2) (1d20+4=15, 1d6+2=8)
(The attacks are allready figuring in the -2 from normal cover.)
[/sblock]

Remove ads