Stranded - The Confused Group.

Rayex

First Post
The IC thread for:

The Confused:
Tara the Feytouched, Human Warlock. Played by Bialaska.
Cyrial , Shadar-Kai Cleric of Sehanine. Played by nonamazing.
Fodor , hungry Bugbear Wizard. Played by Kaodi.
Szel Wispfollower, Elven Fighter. Played by SKTillBrekODay.
Mordras Blackleaf, Eladrin Rogue. Played by Zweischneid.
Keira, Tiefling Warlord. Played by geogator.

Last edited:

Bialaska

First Post
Tara frowns as she's being ordered around, but even if she's not one to like taking orders normally, she weighs her options for a few seconds, before she finds that it might be the wisest to simply follow the group she was assigned to.

"At least you could ask, ain't no military," the young warlock mutters in the direction of the Captain, though not loudly enough to be heard by anyone but those near her.

Kaodi

Hero
The bugbear leaves the side of the kobold warrior and approaches the rest of the group, looking over each of them in turn, as if he was measuring them.

" It seems that we are relatively well equipped in terms of our offensive capability for a group that possesses no weapons, " Fodor says thoughtfully. " If we make use of our magical talents, perhaps we can quickly fashion some crude weapons from trees and stones on this beach for our fey companions, " he adds, nodding to Szel and Mordras.

Scanning the forest edge, he looks for some trees branches that he could bring down and fashion into makeshift spears, staves and daggers, though if there are any rocks that would be suitable for the blades he takes notice. With some inventive use of his magic missile, he hopes he can carve the materials down into a useable form.

Zweischneid

First Post
The blackhaired Eladrin cringes at the talk of weapons.
"I certainly lack for my sword. And not simply for the utility of the blade."

Shaking of his gloomy mood somewhat, he adds.
"Though seeing the crude impalment of the poor women, I doubt our oppenents wield sophisticated weaponry."

"... unless they wield ours, that is. Which would be to their fault twice."

Rayex

First Post
A few minutes after the captain left, one of the crew members come running. "Wait! The captain wanted you to have this. One of the dwarves had it hidden in his boots, he said."

The young halfling, who you recognize as Lobber, hands you a small dagger. With it you are able, with a bit of work and a tiny bit of patience, to create a few crude weapons.

[sblock=Weapons]
You would be able to make: Quarterstaffs, Slings Javelins and Spears. You are also able to find pieces of wood that in both Club and Greatclub on the beach. (Natural driftwood, not any shipwreck stuff).
All weapons will have a Proficiency bonus of +1 only, and a -1 penalty to damage.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Zweischneid

First Post
Mordras looks clearly reliefed.
"One dagger here seems to have appeared! We could craft a spear. It is a crude weapon, but I do fondly remember the lessons given to me in the use of Sword and Spear by the Weaponmaster of my House, as has been the tradition with my people."

"A light blade would be needed for me to truly employ my skills. But for the beginning, a spear would provide a very nice start."

[sblock=DM]
You think there'll be much fighting with makeshift weapons? Annoying as it is, I can only use my powers with light blades. And if I ever actually get to try out 4e rules in fight, I'd love to see how this new power system all works.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
" My thanks to you and Captain Firon, " says Fodor, accepting the gift of the dagger. " We will make good use of it. "

Turning over the small blade in his giant hands, the bugbear says, " I propose that we should fashion spears for Tara, Cyrial and Szel and slings for Cyrial, Szel and Mordras. For myself, I will try to find a piece of wood or a branch large enough for a quarterstaff appropriate for my size, though I can use one that any of you would not find unwieldly if I have to. Once we are so armed, Mordras may make use of the blade, for it is likely most effective in his hands. "

He peers intently at the dagger for a moment without saying anything. " More importantly than being able to fashion weapons, this dagger is information. It tells us one of two things: either the beings that brought us here are not omniscient, or they would like us to have some kind of sporting chance at survival. For the time being, I am more inclined to believe the first, and if true it gives me great hope that we can overcome this deadly trap. "

If there are no objections, he begins on making their weapons with the help of anyone who cares to join in.

[sblock=OOC]Is it possible to fashion a crude wand as well? Perhaps one that allows me to gain only a +1 or +2 bonus to attack once per encounter, instead of the normal +3 I would get with a good wand from my full Dex bonus.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Bialaska

First Post
"A spear? But uhm... I don't know if I can use a spear. It's not like I was planning on fighting or anything. My friends has given me the power to protect myself though, is that not enough?" Tara asks, seemingly very uncertain about this plan. "Instead of spears would it not be better with some heavy clubs instead? Or crude stone axes. I mean, it can't be that difficult to make such weapons if one tries."

Rayex

First Post
[sblock=weapon stuff]
Mordas can use the dagger that you used to make weapons with. As it's a blade made for woodwork etc and not combat, you'll have the same +1 prof. bonus and -1 damage as the other weapons though. And no, you will get your weapons back fairly soon (game-time anyway. Will probably be a few weeks Real time.)

Finding something that works as a wand is doeable. Lets say you'll get a +2/encounter.

[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
Fodor grunts and answers Tara. " The spear is the most basic of all weapons, and can be effective in the hands of almost anyone, " says the bugbear. " It can be used as a tool to ward off predators, as it is fairly easy to point the business end in the right direction and brace yourself, which means it is not as tiring to use and does not suffer from interference in all but the the most cramped quarters. If your powers are anything like mine, casting a spell gives enemies in melee an opening to attack you, and so while I hope that neither of us are forced to rely on these crude weapons, it would be foolish not to have something to use if you are forced into hand to hand combat. "

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases