Stranded - The Lost Group

Rayex

First Post
The IC thread for:

The lost:
Durvin , of Clan Deepfire, dwarven paladin of Moradin. Played by Falkus
Malik, Thiefling Wizard. Played by A Passing Maniac
Wittgenstein, Kobold Fighter. Played by Kobold Stew.
O-Haril , Miontaur Ranger. Played by pathfinderq1.
Alternative, Warforged Rogue. Played by Graf.
Daniel Willow, Elven Cleric. Played by Jemal.

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Wittgenstein holds his rock, but he is looking for something he can use as a club as well. Is there any driftwood here? Is there something he can carry that will let him feel armed? If he can find a few makeshift weapons, he will be happier, and will distribute them to the group.

Even if he doesn't find anything now, it is something he will keep an eye out for, as the group travels north.

Graf

Explorer
Alternative moves over to stand with his group. Multiple races and religions. This will go poorly.
At least there are no females. The last thing I need is them trying to mate with each other.

He hears a mocking voice from his past in his ear. You think yourselves so grand. You confuse difference for superiority. You wear a blindfold and tell yourself you see better for it.

You have wasted a hundred years treating people as creatures and telling yourself you are happy you don't understand them. Will you waste another?

Or will you consider... an alternative?

Standing on the beach in the hot sun the forged suddenly feels ill at ease.

With some reluctance it approaches the kobold. you are looking for something. What do you seek?

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Wittgenstein looks up and answers."We are unarmed. We are unarmed and heading off for however long with no provisions. This seems... " --he hesitates, narrows his eyes. A tongue darts out as he selects his next word -- "um, Imprudent. I'm looking for weapons, or things that will serve as weapons until we find our possessions. If we find our possessions."

Last edited:

Falkus

Explorer
"I'll just be grabbin' some wood to use as a club," Durvin said, searching about for an appropriately sized piece. "Until I can find a decent hammer."

pathfinderq1

First Post
O-Haril tromped across the sand to join his assigned group, and gave each of the others a brief glance, as if trying to determine their worth. After a moment, though, he shook his head and blew out a gusting snort of breath- he couldn't tell what he needed to know just by looking. "Weapons would be good- all I have are these right now," he began, holding out the two long spikes that had pinned the poor corpse to her perch. "Once we're into the jungle, it ought to be easy enough to get clubs or staves for everyone who can fight. We might be able to strip some vines enough to weave a sling or two- that will give more range than things we can throw. Can any of you track, or tell what plants are safe to eat? Finding food and fresh water may be even more important than weapons, if we are stuck on this island. Whatever is here besides us may be other captives, or may be things no weapon can touch, if it is truly the work of magic which brought us here- but we need to eat and drink even if there are no enemies to be found, and a group this size will need a lot of provisions..." His voice was very deep, and no one here seemed to remember him speaking more than a word or two at a time before the disaster which had overtaken them.

Rayex

First Post
A few minutes after the captain left, one of the crew members come running. "Wait! The captain wanted you to have this. One of the dwarves had it hidden in his boots, he said."

The middle-aged woman, who you recognize as Longarm, hands you a small dagger. With it you are able, with a bit of work and a tiny bit of patience, to create a few crude weapons.

[sblock=Weapons]
You would be able to make: Quarterstaffs, Slings Javelins and Spears. You are also able to find pieces of wood that in both Club and Greatclub on the beach. (Natural driftwood, not any shipwreck stuff).
All weapons will have a Proficiency bonus of +1 only, and a -1 penalty to damage.[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Daniel shakes his head "So long as we keep our wits and faith about us we are never unarmed. So long as she is with me in my heart, I am whole. Do not worry, it is not yet our time to die." He stops for a moment as they gather weapons. "Though it never hurts to be prepared."
[sblock=ooc]
And don't forget somebody could use the dagger...
Also, now that we've finally seperated, keep in mind that so long as you're within 5 squares(25 feet) of Daniel you get a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Falkus

Explorer
Durvin found a piece of wood suitable enough to use as a serviceable great club. "Aye, this should do," he said, as he took a few practice swings.

pathfinderq1

First Post
O-Haril took just a few moments to prepare some effective weaponry. Humming a deep droning tune as he worked, he pared a few straight sticks into passable javelins, then carved a matching pair of heavy clubs- they looked too large for a normal man to handle easily, but O-Haril seemed pleased by their heft...

Once everyone seemed to have crafted what weapons they could, the minotaur stood and eyed the edge of the jungle. "Let us begin, then. Shall I take the lead, or does anyone else have eyes sharp enough to lead us?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases