The Iron Mage (WotST build)

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Plate has a -1 speed and a -1 check compared to hide and takes 3 additional layers of proficiency to equip. Not to mention, a ranger with max Dex still boosts his best offensive stat quite considerably *while* getting the best AC. Yes, I think plate is getting the shaft.

I don't think one point of AC is something to be concerned about. Typically, the heavy armor classes have others things going for them defensively.

I like this build. I wonder if it's possible to do as a halfling. I think your AC would be one point lower (can't get that 20 Int at level 1), but it would give you another forced reroll against attackers.

Edit: bah. No shields either (you'd have to wield the longsword 2-handed). So I guess about 3 points lower. How much "AC" is another reroll worth?

Pickles JG

First Post
Nice build.
Am I right in thinking that Shield will trigger solid sound for a possible +6 to reflex or +2 to another defence as an interrupt?

Dormain1

Explorer
I am currently looking at a similar build myself

the few differences are mine is an Eladrin, multiclassing into warlord using a orb upping int and wis

His job is to stand back blast a few things with the orb then jump into combat if things get hairy for the melee types and clear it up with a few thunderwaves, he can even heal.. i mean inspire

having a port escape is really handy

yours is a very solid build which any party would be happy to have

PC: the wizard has AC, now we don't have to protect his sorry ass

Remove ads