Wire templates for AoE spells

Ganadai

First Post
I'm going to make a set of wire templates similar to the ones Steel Squire made for v3.5. However, the amount of material I need is way less than the minimum amount it is sold in, so I'll end up with several extra sets. If you were to receive a set as a gift, what sizes would you want?

Most burst and blast spells you can easily see who it effects, so I'm really only looking to make templates for area of effect spells that last until the end of round or can be sustained.

I was thinking one of each: 11x11, 9x9, 7x7, 5x5, 3x3, 1x8, 1x5

11x11: Burst 5 (Fire Storm, Cloud Kill)
9x9: Burst 4 (Evard's Black Tentacles)
7x7: Burst 3 (Seal of Warding)
5x5: Burst 2 or Blast 5 (Seal of Protection, Stinking Cloud, Web, Cloud Kill, Sudden Storm)
3x3: Burst 1 or Blast 3 (Consecrated Ground, Scorching Burst)
1x8: Wall 8 (Wall of Fog, Wall of Fire)
1x5: Wall 5 (Blade Barrier)

Would it be better to have multiple 1x2 and 1x3 pieces to build curved walls with, or do you think curved walls can just be drawn, and the 1x5 and 1x8 are fine? Keep in mind, a 3x3 can be used to represent a Wall 8 surrounding someone, but a wall 5 would need a 1x2 and 1x3 or a "L" shaped piece or a "C" shaped to bend around someone.

What do you think would be the best material to make them out of? I was thinking some .08" diameter stainless steel wire.

Last edited:

Remove ads