Vietnamese Noodle House

Stormborn

Explorer
Going to a new Vietnamese noodle house tonight with some friends. I have a menu that has rather poor english in it, so getting a good idea of what you are ordering is difficult. I have had very little vietnamese food but am willing to try just about anything.

Stormborn

Explorer
Ok just a few items of interest:
"Com Bi Suon Cha - Shredded pork, pork chop, and pork egg pie served with steam rice." - so whats the pork egg pie?

"Bun Nem Nuomg - Finely Grounded [sic] Pork Rolls vermicelli"

"Mi Do Bien (kho Hoac Nuoc) -Seafood only, soup on the side or together"

"Pho Tai, Nam, Gan - Rare steak, well-done flank & tenerloin"

"Bahn Xeo Dac Biet (2) - Crispy Pancake stuffed with shrip, pork, onion, and bean sprouts"

"Lau Tom Muc Nhung Dam - Combination hot pot of seafood, assorted meat, and vegetables " -based on the price I would assume served 2+

thats one from most of the catagories on the menu.

Now, I basically know what Pho is and something about what its like, but vietnamese food is a new experiance for me, and as going to this place was basically my idea, I want to be able to say to my friends "oh its kind of like..."
Most of the Asian food around here, not counting the American style faux-Chinese, is Japanese or Korean (or Indian if you want to include the sub-continent) and we are familiar with all of those. I mainly want a heads up for the one or two somewhat picky eaters, who are not all that picky but have some food issues especially related to textures.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Mystifying indeed! I'll be curious to hear your impression after you've been, as I don't think I've ever had vietnamese food.

edit: here's a vietnamese food guide, not sure how helpful it is but I at least recognize some of the words... http://vietnam.sawadee.com/food.htm

Last edited:

Stormborn

Explorer
Everyone enjoyed themselves last night. I had "Bahn Xeo Dac Biet (2) - Crispy Pancake stuffed with shrimp, pork, onion, and bean sprouts" Which was basically two crepes stuffed with the aforementioned items. It was good but not very filling. My wife had a pork noodle bowl dish topped with an egg roll that she really enjoyed, and was more satisfying. Given that the average menu item price is about $7 (US) we will likely go back and try some different things.

Our only fear is that the location has been home to a succession of interesting asian places. One that specialized in Hong Kong style Chinese food, one that did dim sum, another that had more standard Chinese food but also had a Korean section of the menu. All of them were good, althought with service issues, but none really lasted longer than a year. I think this place has only been open about a month, I guess we will see what happens.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases