Wizards in leather

Final Attack

First Post
The prof. leather armor feat too tempting for wizards, it is a feat that gives constant +2 AC. I can see this resulting in resulting in all PC wizards in my campaign wearing leather armor.

Am I the only one who finds this jarring?

Dalzig

First Post
Only Adventurer wizards are probably going to wear leather armor. They need every advantage they can get.

The more academic wizards probably snubb their noses at the thought of wearing anything less than silk. Hehe...

Donatello

Explorer
I never understood why leather armor, a chain shirt, or even a breastplate (anything that didn't disrupt the motion of the arms and hands) would disrupt spellcasting. In the past it was just some random thing about armor disrupting the flow of magic, blah blah blah.

If a wizard has a 15 str and con, and wants to spend the 5 feats, let'em wear plate.

Bison

First Post
The prof. leather armor feat too tempting for wizards, it is a feat that gives constant +2 AC. I can see this resulting in resulting in all PC wizards in my campaign wearing leather armor.

Am I the only one who finds this jarring?

If it is just a role playing issue for you, then instead of them actually wearing leather, maybe say the feat is in reality a special ritual they know that casts a permanent armor spell on their regular clothing that grants the same bonus. then they get the benefits, but can still keep the look of a "classic" wizard

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Don't visualise it as leather armour, imagine it being a thick leather trenchcoat (or surcoat).

That imagery fits an adventuring wizard pretty well, I think, whereas more academic inclined wizards would wear robes instead.

Cheers, LT.

Final Attack

First Post
The problem here though that prof. leather feat is almost default for lvl 1 wizards. I can't see anything nearly as good.

I think 13 CON as a prerequisite may be house ruled. 13 STR instead is just mean ;)

wingedcoyote

First Post
The problem here though that prof. leather feat is almost default for lvl 1 wizards. I can't see anything nearly as good.

I think 13 CON as a prerequisite may be house ruled. 13 STR instead is just mean ;)

Action Surge is better. Improved Initiative is about equally good, or at least close. Hellfire Blood is probably better.

Which is not to say it isn't very, very good. :)

djdaidouji

First Post
Don't visualise it as leather armour, imagine it being a thick leather trenchcoat (or surcoat).

That imagery fits an adventuring wizard pretty well, I think, whereas more academic inclined wizards would wear robes instead.

Cheers, LT.

I agree. Look at the leather armor in the PH. That doesn't look too difficult for even the squishiest of Wizards to wear.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases